642: The Imagination Station Revisited: pt.2

Review time, folks!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Vote!

***** Best ever!
45%
****Good!
33%
***Fair
12%
** What were they thinking?
7%
* Was that even Odyssey?
No votes
I luff polls!
No votes
GODZILLIA!!
2%
A BOWL OF BEAN DIP THAT IS MOLDY!!!
No votes

Total votes: 42

Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

642: The Imagination Station Revisited: pt.2

Post by Prince Caspian »

Review!
Mine is coming...
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! =D> \:D/ =P~ :D :cheerleader:

Wow, what's with the last few seconds!?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I think they did a much better job this week of making it a unique episode, and not an almost-exact-copy of "The Imagination Station."

While I still think that Kelly came to her salvation a lot more quickly and easily than she should have (like, look what Connie, Eugene, Aubrey and Grady have gone through before they finally got saved), it was a foregone conclusion. We all knew it would happen before the hiatus. I would have preferred for Elaine and Ed to be there instead of (or with) Whit; it would have been so much more meaningful.

And that last scene with Whit and Connie? That was CRUEL. We were already going to be antsy about waiting a year-and-a-half, but now that we've been left HANGING like this, I don't know if I'll make it! :pray:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I can't wait nearly 2 years for another season of AIO! Especially, with that Connie and Whit scene. We didn't even get a preview of what it is! Thanks alot AIO staff. I liked the 2nd part a lot. I got goose bumps when Jesus was talking to Kelly at the end. Very good. I gave it a 4 stars cus I'm mad about the suspense I must endure.
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I didn't get the last scene at all. Was it a cliffhanger that will be picked up after the hiatus? Did it just not work? Did Whit play a trick on Connie? Was that all it was Supposed to do? Was it a cliffhanger to be picked up in the Kidsboro series? Was it just for fun and will never be heard from again? Was it just to hear what people on the ToO thought of it? There's so many options. What was that all about?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Boswell wrote:I think they did a much better job this week of making it a unique episode, and not an almost-exact-copy of "The Imagination Station."

While I still think that Kelly came to her salvation a lot more quickly and easily than she should have (like, look what Connie, Eugene, Aubrey and Grady have gone through before they finally got saved), it was a foregone conclusion. We all knew it would happen before the hiatus. I would have preferred for Elaine and Ed to be there instead of (or with) Whit; it would have been so much more meaningful.

And that last scene with Whit and Connie? That was CRUEL. We were already going to be antsy about waiting a year-and-a-half, but now that we've been left HANGING like this, I don't know if I'll make it! :pray:
I so agree with you!! It would have been amazingly meaningful had the Washingtons been there too. But, i liked how it played out.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! (Can't stand suspence!) #-o
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Actually, I didn't really see it as a cliffhanger as much as a way of letting the listeners know before the hiatus that Whit is his normal self, inventing away (even "smaller" things, like Whit's Boredom Buster). It would be nice to eventually know what the radio did, but it would be even cooler if we were left to wonder...

Anywho, this was an awesome episode! I enjoyed Kelly's and Josiah's characters and the music, especially. It was interesting to see everything from the perspective of the high priests this time around, rather than the disciples and other "good guys."
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Tim Peterson wrote:The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?
Interesting thought, tim. :-k
(I LOVE Jungle Jam. Anyone else out there a fan?)
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Jellyfish11 wrote:
Tim Peterson wrote:The final scene reminded me of Jungle Jam, which happens to have been produced in part by Phil Lollar and Nathan Carlson (Richard Maxwell). In the remastered episodes, the credits song is followed by a second or two sound byte from or relating to one of the stories in that episode. That's followed by a guitar riff and the words "Fancy Monkey Studios," marking the end of the episode. In the story "An Elephant's Generosity," Nozzles the Elephant has a collection of absurdly complex button-bearing gadgets that he doesn't want to share. The end tag in that episode involved a button that "plays a little guitar riff and takes us off the air," which immediately gets pushed, ending the episode. Have a listen. Could it be that Whit's red button is actually the button that puts AIO on a hiatus?
Interesting thought, tim. :-k
(I LOVE Jungle Jam. Anyone else out there a fan?)
Who isn't a Jungle Jam Fan?
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

I'm waiting for my sister so we can both listen to it!

It was so amazing! It seemed so real it made my sister cry and she's almost 16.

Double post combined - please use the edit button if you are the last poster and have more to say. :) Thanks! ~HB
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Jared deWhite wrote:Who isn't a Jungle Jam Fan?
AMEN!! One of the best radio dramas... The Pond reminds me of Jungle Jam a little.

As for "The Imagination Station, Revisited"--Although it's a story that can never be told too many times, I was dissapointed how similar it was to "The Imagination Station." Same story, same conclusion. And I didn't even like the imagination station's voice. I did appreciate Kelly's wish to exit the program. She knew what was coming up and she knew if she faced the truth she would have to make a decision and she didn't want to. Personally, though, I liked the ending of "The Imagination Station" better.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I really enjoyed the conclusion to "The Imagination Station, Revisited." Again, it was really interesting hearing the familiar story told from a different perspective. I liked how it was quite different from the conclusion to "The Imagination Station." Hearing it from a different point of view just makes the story new all over again. I thought the scene where Kelly kept trying to exit the IS was quite intense, but powerful as well. And of course, I really liked hearing her accept Jesus after being uncertain all throughout the two-parter. Really, it was a good way to end the 50th album. :D

Oh, and kudos to Rachel Fox and Benjamin Bryan for their excellent portrayals of Kelly and Josiah. =D>
Last edited by H Tide on Wed May 21, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The posts regarding double posting have been split off into a separate thread and moved to HH - click here to go to that thread if you are interested in continuing that conversation. :)
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

4 stars

I didn't listen to this all in one sitting so I didn't throughly experience it. I agree with a lot of what's already been said. I felt like there was something lacking in the end bit. Maybe it was poorly performed, or maybe it needed music. Overall good ep.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I think it was well performed... But you're right, it would have been better with more music.
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

I liked this episode very much, though I have not seen 'The Imagination Station' so I can't compare the two. I thought the scene where Kelly was trying to escape was very powerful.

I think the button that Connie pushed does one of two things; 1: It puts AiO on hiatus and starts playing classic episodes. Or 2: It transports Connie to Odyssey's 'possible' future.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I really enjoyed this and last week's episodes. I thought it was very powerful and appropriate to make another IS adventure about Jesus' death. Although I liked the original story with Digger Digwillow better, this was no less powerful in its message and portrayal of Jesus' love and our response.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
#1KellyFan
Just visiting

Post by #1KellyFan »

Hi! I LOVED this episode! I really enjoyed it! Like I said in my introduction post, I have a lot in common with Kelly as far as how our mothers treated us. I haven’t listened to the Imagination Station yet, but I LOVED this episode! I started crying when the station wouldn’t let Kelly out and I almost started crying again when Kelly accepted the truth. It was amazing beyond words and it stands to be one of my favorite Kelly episodes!
#1KellyFan
Just visiting

Post by #1KellyFan »

I forgot one thing. I think Rachel Fox and Bennjamen did an amazing job in this two parter! Rachel especially. She was amazing! Her performance and portrayal of Kelly was incredible!