638: The Triangled Web, Part 1

Reviews

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What was it for you?

5 Best of episodes
45%
4 A most intriging episode
34%
3 Nice radio
21%
2 Nothing signifigant
No votes
1 Its flop
No votes

Total votes: 38

Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

638: The Triangled Web, Part 1

Post by Mr.Whit »

Post what you think about the latest episdoe.
Ill post my review later
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

I was soo excited about everyone coming back, but the plot was disappointing for me. Aside from being kinda lame, I think it's very uncharicteristic of Lucy, who's one of my favourite charicters. I like the Candid Conversations with Connie bit.

Other charicters I would like to see at this reunion:
Oscar
Robin
Donna
Isaac
Rodney
(to be continued if I think of more)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I liked the fact that the old kids were there. Made me nostalgic... I'm wondering if the fact that the "real life" Lucy married the "real life" Jack will have any bearing on the outcome, although I have a feeling she might choose none of them. The storyline wasn't the most complex, but it was made better simply by having the old characters back for a bit.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Well, this is my favorite episode of the season so far.

To start with, the interviews with Lawrence and Jared were hilarious! I have yet to figure out how you crash a flight simulator, but anyway..

I enjoyed having Jimmy, Jack, Curt, and Lucy going around visiting all the old places and remembering stuff, it was great to hear them talk about it, and find out stuff that we never knew before. And Bernard was in it! \:D/

Connie did somewhat annoy me, mainly because her "OOOOHHHH, LUCY!!" thing gets kinda old after hearing it the whole episode.. :anxious:

As I said, my favorite so far, although I realize that there is another part. Maybe that will drastically change my opinion.. :anxious: 5/5 stars.
...I hate marquees.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Great episode the Candid Conversition with Connie was hilarious :hilarious: Jared was great even though he was a teen a few years ago so i doubt that he works for the CIA but funny. having Jimmy Jack Curt And Lucy come back was great this is the BEST EPISODE OF VOL. 50 until part II. :dance:
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

This episode is "ear candy" for longtime fans, and we've been anticipating it for a long time! I can't wait to hear the second part and review it.

Personally, my choice is Curt, but I'm guessing she chooses no one, or Jack. We'll see.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

It seems to me there is love in the air in Odyssey. We have already seen romance from Trent and Mandy in "A Class Reenactment" and now we see it in "The Triangled Web". Of course whiel I was listening I was thinking how much I wish that Connie had that special someone. Anyways. . . I'm not so sure that this episode is going to go down as one of my favorites. I really liked the reunion but coming back to Odyssey just for the small town competition hardly seems like a reason to come back. I guess I pictured something more like a high school reunion. I have a feeling that Lucy is going to get together with Jack, since they are married in real life. I'm just rather curious about what is going to happen to Curt and Jimmy.
Jesus_Chick28
Lurker

Post by Jesus_Chick28 »

I'm listening to it right now!!! oh it's sooooo good! i'll post more later. what confuses me is that Jared is all grown up...He was just in a few episodes a little while ago. Huh weird...
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

The gazebo was a reference to The Truble With Girls.
There was a reference to Moses, the Passover, I and Moses, the Passover, II
The music was awesome in my opinion
ImageImageImage
logos linked
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

This episode didn't meet my expectations. It was ok, (I gave it 3/5) but it just felt a little awkward to me. I think it was that it was a slice-of-life episode with no kids, which is just kind of weird. I did like the reunion, but I was expecting the best episode of the season and didn't get, (probably one of the worst this season.) The plot just didn't feel natural to me. I am looking forward to JImmy and Lucy's Imagination Station adventure though, so maybe next week will be better.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:The gazebo was a reference to The Truble With Girls.
There was a reference to Moses, the Passover, I and Moses, the Passover, II
The music was awesome in my opinion
There was also a reference to Lincoln I & II.

Another old character it'd be nice to see is Jesse.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

This episode was terrific twice as good as I imagined it.
It was great having so many of th oldies.
I love candid conversations.
Was it the same actor who played lawrence he sounded different or was that just age?
I also wonder how Jared became a CIA agent so quickly.But the graetest part of the episode was the scene with him and connie and the president is an alien bit lol.
I thought the main story was terrific 5 STARS.
I cant wait for the next part and more candid converse I hope
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

This was a greeaaat adventure. I loved everyone being back.
Jared's phone call was literally a LOL moment. Soooo funny.
I am sooo angry I have to wait a whooole week to find out what happens.
These is quality odysseys.
I'm predicting a hilarious scene with Curt and Lucy next week. \:D/
5 Starsss.
I do what I do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's odd, being a "kids" show but I've always felt the romatically themed AIO episodes (particular the many Eugene/Katrina events) are some of the best written, and again this is no expection. I've not yet decided whether to give this episode a four or a five, but it definitely was a great one that had a classic feel, and IMO the best of the new season. \:D/
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I LOVED it! I was laughing the whole way through. I was also happily surprised to hear from Jared and Lawrence, I had no idea they would be on the episode. Can't wait till next week! \:D/

Did anyone else find it funny that Jared has a good job and everything, while we just heard from Trent who's still a teenager? :p
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jesus_Chick28 wrote:I'm listening to it right now!!! oh it's sooooo good! i'll post more later. what confuses me is that Jared is all grown up...He was just in a few episodes a little while ago. Huh weird...
I haven't listened to this episode yet (yeah, I gave in and had to read reviews early), but assuming you're talking about Jared DeWhite, the last episode he was in was Split Ends, which aired about four years ago.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

This episode was bittersweet. It brought back old memories but made you feel sad. I was happy to have the kids back.

Jared? He still rules!
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Hmm.....I'm guessing Lucy and Jack will get together since they were almost engaged. Maybe Jimmy and Connie will get together. They certainly have a history. Perhaps Richard will come back and take Lucy away! No.....HE NEEDS CONNIE!

By the way, is Curt supposed to be black on the show? I have mentally pictured him as white all these twenty years having never seen a photograph of him. I was very surprised to see his picture with the Official Odyssey Podcast interview and to find out he is black. There's nothing wrong with it I just wish they would have told us back then so we would know. The Washingtons obviously are by their voices so I know how to mentally picture them. The same goes for Agent Borland. His voice doesn't sound like a typical black person's so I automatically thought he was white.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

i think if anyone will get married it will be Jack and Lucy there r 2 reasons One the actual voice of them r married. and 2 it will resolve Lucy Cunningham-Schultz and instead Lucy Davis. I usually pictured Curt being white but when i leared that his voice was also Tony Leader of a gang i pictured him more black and that Pictured cleared every thing up
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Interesting episode....Luyc, Curt, Jack, Jimmy...AND I'M SHOCKED AT ALL THE CRUSHES/LOVES JUST ON LUCY!

Connie sure makes a mess of love these days...no, any day. Jimmy had a crush on Lucy...like everyone didn't? Jack and Lucy...and Marriage? Okay, that seemed off to me. That fast? That persistent? Okay... why date and get extremely serious if you won't commit to Marriage? Never mind, don't answer that.

And Curt? Seems far-fetched...by far, so does JIMMY!

Connie messes with every one's love life...she'd probably mess with Whit's, if she could get a handle of it, or do something.

Can't wait for next episode...which sadly, I won't be able to listen to till after the reviews for it come out! Blasted D.C. trip...wah!