TC#8: The Final Call

Episode 8 of The Truth Chronicles-A Review

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What do you think of the final Truth Chronicles episode?

5 Whales: Love it!
50%
4 Whales: Like it
25%
3 Whales: It's ok
13%
2 Whales: Didn't like it
13%
1 Whale: Hate it
No votes

Total votes: 8

Robyn Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

TC#8: The Final Call

Post by Robyn Jacobs »

The final review of The Truth Chronicles episode has come. Did it bring back memories of "Return to the Bible Room" for any of you? Another episode conveying the story of Jonah and the topic of compassion for others. What are your thoughts?

:thewave:
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

I loved it. I cryed when they called in telling what nice things they can do,.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

it was good, great theme
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

(yawns)

Another retelling of Jonah and the big fish. And not a very original one at that.

I did like that Connie and Whit were on Kids' Radio together, and the heartfelt calls which talked about putting worldview into practice.

All in all, I really liked The Truth Chronicles. It probably was just as good as album #50 for me. I laughed at several of the shows, and then sobered up with episodes like "In My Image" and "Stepping Stones." "Kidsboro" doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the shows, but it's nice that it's at least included on a 4-CD album. Particularly memorably for me were the messages of the show which allowed me to grapple with the themes (which is rare with AIO, since I already have honesty, salvation, and "controlling your imagination" down pat). When I was reading all these stories in my college literature class about the indeterminably of reality, I just so happened to re-listen to "Here I Am" and found myself not so confused anymore: Connie had cleared up the issue from a Biblical perspective for me. And now I know how Spongebob Squarepants is indoctrinating children, and I can share with my cousins why that show is bad. \:D/

Dave
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

One of my favorite episodes ever. I don't know why. It just.....really......I don't know.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I really liked it. It was good.