641: The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 1

Review it!!

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate this episode:

5 Stars: Diamonds
39%
4 Stars: Gold
36%
3 Stars: Silver
18%
2 Stars: Bronze
6%
1 Star: Rusty Gordon
No votes

Total votes: 33

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

641: The Imagination Station, Revisited, Part 1

Post by J-man »

..Kinda surprised nobody has made a thread yet! \:D/

Anyway, review time!
Last edited by J-man on Sat May 10, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
...I hate marquees.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I liked it because it's basically the same as the one in Vol. 50 i will give a better review after part 2. WHOO i was FIRST \:D/
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, I love the rating system. But 1 star should be "Rusty Gordon." ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Oooh, that's a great idea! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
DaveyHolcomb
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by DaveyHolcomb »

I think Whit needs to buy a lock for the Imagination Station when it is out of order. This has to be at least the 10th time someone went in it when they weren't supposed to.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

DaveyHolcomb wrote:I think Whit needs to buy a lock for the Imagination Station when it is out of order. This has to be at least the 10th time someone went in it when they weren't supposed to.
well if they r learning the Bible Whit doesn't care
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Wow, great episode!! I totally called it \:D/

I was half expecting her to meet Diggor after her encounter with John Mark, it brought back a lot of good memories. I can't wait until the second part!
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Wow, I was surprised. It was diamonds. It was just excellently written. I loved... (I dont know how to explain it.) I liked the continuity with John Mark and Kelly helping like Digger) I hope the 2nd one is equally good.
I do what I do.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

It wasn't exactly what I expected it would be. I might have to listen to it again because I was kind of half in and half out. What I was doing I can't remember now because I listened to it this morning. I might have to post more later. One of the things that I thought of when I first heard Kelly entering the imagination station was how much this could be like Narnia. I don't know how many of you have listened to the Focus on the Family Radio Theatre of Narnia but I kind of thought it would be great if this episode started like that. For instance you hear Kelly entering the imagination station then the theme for Adventures in Odyssey and then Kelly in Jerusalem.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Wow, big changes, and at the same time, same old, same old. Gone are the days of pushing the red button and going for a wild ride with familiar sound effects ( :cry: ) and here are the days of being afraid of going through any doors.

I liked the idea of using the same story as the first Imagination Station adventure, but I wish it would have been changed up some more. It's a little TOO similar, you know? Maybe the second part will be more original.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Jared deWhite wrote:
DaveyHolcomb wrote:I think Whit needs to buy a lock for the Imagination Station when it is out of order. This has to be at least the 10th time someone went in it when they weren't supposed to.
well if they r learning the Bible Whit doesn't care
After what happened with Aubrey Shepherd, he should care! :shame:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Where is the Imagination Station? It can't be in the little room off of the bible room anymore because it has multiple rooms. Also, what are the different rooms for?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Boswell wrote:I liked the idea of using the same story as the first Imagination Station adventure, but I wish it would have been changed up some more. It's a little TOO similar, you know? Maybe the second part will be more original.
I agree. But it was still a good episode.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Where is the Imagination Station? It can't be in the little room off of the bible room anymore because it has multiple rooms. Also, what are the different rooms for?
What room off of the bible room?
And where does the Imagination Station have different rooms?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
crosskritters
Fourscore and seven

Post by crosskritters »

5 stars :D Really nice to have a good old Bible based imagination station ep. After the Triangled Web I was suspicious that it would be different for the worse, but I'm glad to say I was was mistaken. I really appreciated hearing Jesus' words. I do agree with Boswell's comments though. Where's the red button? And couldn't it be a little more different? However, those things are minor.
Jennie
insert dash here

Post by Jennie »

Kelly shouldn't know what happens to Jesus. How does she know? Maybe it's because she's at the Washingtons.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

She new some about most likely at the Washington's, and Digger Digwillow new a little a bit about it to in the first Imagination Station adventure so it makes sense.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Who all noticed how long that episode was? 26+ min, without comercials! It could be that they had more explainaing about the new IM, but it was cut to make time. :-s
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I absolutely loved this episode! \:D/ I really liked how they paralleled Digger Digwillow's adventure to meet Jesus in the IS. It was refreshing to hear the story from the side of the high priests and Josiah. And Kelly was a lot smarter than Digger (at least she didn't think it was a Bible Room parade). ;) Listening to the scenes of the Passover meal really brought flashbacks of the original Passover scene with Digger. And I also liked how they used similar lines. I loved the scene where Jesus calls Kelly by name...that was cool. :D One thing that would've been neat to hear was an appearance from a character that also appeared in "The Imagination Station" and was also played by the same actor (for instance, it would've been neat to hear John Mark played by Nathan Carlson, who played John Mark originally). But overall, I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm eagerly awaiting Part II (whenever it goes up).
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jellyfish11 wrote:Who all noticed how long that episode was? 26+ min, without comercials! It could be that they had more explainaing about the new IM, but it was cut to make time. :-s
The episode actually ran about 25:30 in length. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!