572: "Odyssey Sings!"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate this show?

5 Stars... Sweetly Singing!
27%
4 Stars... Cool Croons!
50%
3 Stars... Tunefully Tasteful!
20%
2 Stars... Needs New Notes!
2%
1 Star... Oddly Off-key!
No votes
0 Stars... Catastrophic Cacophony!
No votes

Total votes: 44

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Frank wrote:Did anyone notice that I actually reviewed the show on FBI? (Wow...)
I noticed, and I read it! Thanks, Frank! :D

I really liked this episode! All the songs were fun, and the message, while not overly complicated, was nice to hear.

Bart's song was hilarious! Somebody on the AIO staff sure has an obsession with the "Campdown Races" song, though. ;)

It would have been nice to hear more of Marshal Younger's song! The title sounded intriguing, and I would have liked to hear more of the actual song.

It was funny to hear Cryin' Bryan Dern give his negative opinion, and then have Shakespeare give a nice perspective, since they're both played by Corey Burton!
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

*finished listening to Odyssey Sings*

Ok, that made me laugh. I probably give it 3 stars out of 5.

Though, if I was only judging Wooton's "Macaroni and Cheese" song, it would get a 7 for humor. ;)
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I'm not really sure to think about this episode. On one hand, there was many unsettling things that led me to think that this show was lacking. On the other hand, it was humorous and the songs were well put together. You can read my thoughts on the show here.

Dave
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I like the show. Cryin' Brian Dern was great and the singing was good advertisment for Eugene Sings. I can't wait now to get the album.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Bmuntz wrote:I like the show. Cryin' Brian Dern was great and the singing was good advertisment for Eugene Sings. I can't wait now to get the album.
me too

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

I vote for Bart rathbone.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Dave wrote:I'm not really sure to think about this episode. On one hand, there was many unsettling things that led me to think that this show was lacking. On the other hand, it was humorous and the songs were well put together. You can read my thoughts on the show here.

Dave
thats a point I didn't notice. :-k
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I loved it. I was very excited to hear good ole' Harlow again. Wooton was a welcome treat, and bart was just...well he was Bart. I felt sorry for Tamika though. I'm a singer myself and she was so good. As soon as I heard that duck I'm like "DERN SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So yeah, good episode, a very wise way of advertising and explaining Eugene Sings.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I would have liked to hear more that two notes of connies song though..
...I hate marquees.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

me too
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

Alleycat wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm not really sure to think about this episode. On one hand, there was many unsettling things that led me to think that this show was lacking. On the other hand, it was humorous and the songs were well put together. You can read my thoughts on the show here.

Dave
Interesting points, Dave... people should read your review. An excerpt:
Dave, in his review, wrote:Isn't Odyssey Sings the show you've been waiting to hear on AIO for years? Isn't it just the best thing since Eugene's return? Or is it just a clever way to get us to buy "Eugene Sings"?
I think it was a nice change for AIO, and you're probably right in saying that it was rushed so as to tie-in to the Eugene Sings release (which actually impresses me more, considering how funny "Odyssey Sings" is!)

The thing is, hasn't VeggieTales been doing nonsense songs for years? And Odyssey messages are usually a bit deeper and more subtle than "God thinks you're special and He loves you very much" -- but parents seem fine with either.

Chris did seem to mention "get the album" more than once, but I guess that's a price to pay for a laugh-a-minute comedy show like "Odyssey Sings!"

-shasta
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i lOVED this episode...especailly bart's song
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

shasta wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Dave
Interesting points, Dave... people should read your review. An excerpt:
Dave, in his review, wrote:Isn't Odyssey Sings the show you've been waiting to hear on AIO for years? Isn't it just the best thing since Eugene's return? Or is it just a clever way to get us to buy "Eugene Sings"?
I think it was a nice change for AIO, and you're probably right in saying that it was rushed so as to tie-in to the Eugene Sings release (which actually impresses me more, considering how funny "Odyssey Sings" is!)

The thing is, hasn't VeggieTales been doing nonsense songs for years? And Odyssey messages are usually a bit deeper and more subtle than "God thinks you're special and He loves you very much" -- but parents seem fine with either.

Chris did seem to mention "get the album" more than once, but I guess that's a price to pay for a laugh-a-minute comedy show like "Odyssey Sings!"

-shasta
Now i'm thinking in circles...i have several conflicting opinions... :mad:
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

It was pretty good. I liked other ones better, but Bart's song was hilarious. :D :bounce:
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

*sings* the electric palace doo-da song, a doo-da, a doo-da! \:D/
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

bargin prices all day long....all the do-da day
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:I gave it three... it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it definitely could have been better.

I did find it amusing, though, that Corey Burton was talking to himself.

Mandy
:lol: I hadn't even thought of that! Corey Burton was both of the judges wasn't he? :D
Trent DeWhite wrote: "Incredible! My ears haven't hurt this bad since my head got stuck in the elevator door." --Bryan Dern
As soon as he said "elevator" I thought of "Real Time." :lol:

I'm listening to the show right now. Eugene makes a comment to Connie that he didn't think that singing was her forte. He's made a comment like that in the past but I thought the word was pronounced "fort," not "fortay," like Eugene says in this show. Almost like a reference to "loud" in music. :-k
Frank wrote:Did anyone notice that I actually reviewed the show on FBI? (Wow...)
:anxious: I'll have to go check.

Notice how Shakespeare acted a lot like Jack Allen, not wanting to say anything that might be considered offensive?

So Wooton's in his 30's? Makes since I guess if his twin brother has a teenage daughter.

When the show was over, I was left wondering if Brian Dern quacked every single person who tried out.

I thought Harlow Doyle's song was pretty hilarious.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:I'm listening to the show right now. Eugene makes a comment to Connie that he didn't think that singing was her forte. He's made a comment like that in the past but I thought the word was pronounced "fort," not "fortay," like Eugene says in this show. Almost like a reference to "loud" in music. :-k
Who's been teaching you your piano theory? The Italian word "forte" is pronounced FORE-tay. :)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:I'm listening to the show right now. Eugene makes a comment to Connie that he didn't think that singing was her forte. He's made a comment like that in the past but I thought the word was pronounced "fort," not "fortay," like Eugene says in this show. Almost like a reference to "loud" in music. :-k
Who's been teaching you your piano theory? The Italian word "forte" is pronounced FORE-tay. :)
Say what? :-s I don't understand what you're "correcting" me on. :boohoo:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

:shrugs:

:bolt: