The Official "Darien's Rise" Discussion Thread

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am listening to part four now! :D I love it so far! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
serrebi
29K to go!

Post by serrebi »

Is it just me, or did anyone else expect the episode to cut before the last scene? I don't really know why I felt this way, but for some reason I did. Part 4 was amazing though.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

yeah, each episode becomes my new favorite! they keep getting better and better, I love it :D

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So I have been thinking as I play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, that Thor sounds just like Jim Cummings. I finally checked and he is played by him... so yay! \:D/ Kind of odd to have a Norse god sound like Pete, but oh well. \:D/
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

And the fifth part of Darien's Rise is up! \:D/

Adventure Girl
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Adventure Girl »

H Tide wrote:And the fifth part of Darien's Rise is up! \:D/

Thank you!!!
Adventure Girl
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I liked how well Rachael did with the being scared. It reminded me of "The Imagination Station Revisited"
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Adventure Girl
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Adventure Girl »

Brad Dillard wrote:I liked how well Rachael did with the being scared. It reminded me of "The Imagination Station Revisited"
Your so right, she did an awesome job. =D>
Adventure Girl
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I have always been a fan of that episode.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Slumbo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Slumbo »

Thanks alot H tide!
I love this one :)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I don't like Darien's Rise as much as I thought I would.It ends to soon in places,and Shane Baumel needs to act more instead of sounding like he's reading words.
I think it will be better to hear it as a whole like Radio Theatre.

These eps are more like the Truth Chronicles than normal AIO stories.But otherwise,I love hearing who they got to play the characters
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I thought Truth Chronicles WAS normal AIO stories??? Then again, I haven't listened to the Truth Chronicles, so how would I know. I liked part 5 of Darien's Rise, but ditto to the above comment about Shane Baumel-I like Rachael's acting better too.

Till the end of the line.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Shennifer wrote:I thought Truth Chronicles WAS normal AIO stories???
The AIO staff has decided to make the Truth Chronicles not canon (with the exception of Kidsboro). Neither do they have official episode numbers. So Episode 642 was "The Imagination Station Revisited 2," 643-645 are Kidsboro 1, 2, and 3, and 646 is "Darien's Rise 1."
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Vlipvlop
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Vlipvlop »

And here is the sixth episode of Darien's Rise! Oh, and it has a parental warning for ten and under at the beginning of the episode.

Last edited by Vlipvlop on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Haha. That's funny. I'll probably listen to this tomorrow. But If it's for the reasons I thought it was, I was hoping that they'd get to that scene in the previous episode. I remember reading the scene when I was younger and being like, "woah. crazy"...almost as bad as Arin's Judgement scene where the guy gets struck by the explosion as the kid ducks underneath the car and watches him die.

It's funny that they put a parental warning on one episode. If some parents don't want their kids listening to it, then, well, that really wrecks the whole series for the kid, doesn't it?
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was curious how they would address that. I read as far as the killing last night and wondered how they would tackle the issue of the murders. The bug remark reminds me of something familiar. "You get in my way and I will squash you like the little bug you are"
ImageImageImage
logos linked
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. If they decide to do an adaption of Arin's Judgment, I'll be really curious to see how they'll handle the whole annihilation of the world and all the sickness and death, not to mention Wade's dream involving the skeleton. And also the fact that one boy brings destruction on an entire world.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Which Bible story is Arin's Judgment, may I inquire?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Arin's Judgment is the story of Noah.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Rawr, I'm really NOT liking "Kyle's" acting in part 6...I think I could do a better job at acting Kyle, and I'm a girl. :P
The good ol' ToO.