656 The Inspiration Station 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate The Inspiration Station, Part II

5 stars: Excellent!
17%
4 stars: Great!
47%
3 stars: Just Average.
28%
2 stars: Disappointing.
8%
1 star: Poor.
No votes

Total votes: 36

EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I really appreciated the lesson in this one, because its one that I was really able to take to heart. When Connie talked about being a better person after coming out of the machine, she reminded me of myself when I come back from retreats or church events or whatever and I'm ready to be this great Christian who reads her Bible every day and prays and is patient... and then when I don't live up to that, I'm really disappointed in myself. So that part of it was great.

Other random notes:
  • Mortimer- He was great! Kudos to Jess Harnell for a great performance.
    The Music- A little too much in some scenes, but otherwise, it was fine.
    Andre-He was good. He's really becoming Whit to me.
    The fan submissions- They were a nice touch!
Those are pretty much my thoughts on this episode.

One of my favorite quotes from this one:
Matthew: "It's ginormous!'
Mortimer: "Yes, its gi- what you said."

Like Trixie said, its definitely not as good as The Imagination Station or Plan B or any of the other great episodes, but it was very enjoyable. The funny scenes with Mortimer and the scenes between Connie and Eugene definitely made up for the boringness of part 1. I have a feeling that it might just become one of the classics. I'm changing my rating to 4/5.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I found the message very relatable (Connie's story, at least), and particularly enjoyed that last conversation between Whit and Connie (great acting!), the radio show scene and the call-in part at the end. I usually give multi-parters the same rating, but in this case, I found the second part a whole star better than the first. Finally, this episode reminded me of "A Potential in Elliot" and, to a lesser - but more fitting - extent, "Whit's Flop."

... I'll always wonder, though, if my Connie clip would've made it in had it not been booted from the receiving inbox due to probably too much traffic or the inbox being full. :(
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

LizzieG wrote:... I'll always wonder, though, if my Connie clip would've made it in had it not been booted from the receiving inbox due to probably too much traffic or the inbox being full. :(
I had the same problem, but we kept trying, and it worked eventually.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother