666 The Jubilee Singers, Part 3

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Why did you think of "The Jubilee Singers, Part 3"?

5 stars - WOOOO!!!
83%
4 stars - YOO-HOO!!!
13%
3 stars - MOO!!!!
4%
2 stars - TWO!!!
No votes
1 star - BOO!!!
No votes

Total votes: 23

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I think that Exit would deffinately be my favorite season finalen
hm.........I have to listen to that one again.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Here's my review of all three parts combined:

These episodes were the best in the season! And the third part was the overall best episode of the season!

The singing was amazing! There was not one song that had one error in it. There is a special feature in the album version that tells you that they hired professional singers to sing the songs, but the actors were different people. That's why there was amazing singing and great acting at the same time. Some of the songs, as Marvin said, almost made me cry. And if you know me, I don't cry unless something's really, really good.

The acting was just as amazing! Until I heard that special feature on the CD, I thought it was crazy how they found amazing black (or black-sounding) actors and actresses who could sing very very well. All of the characters (who were supposed to) sounded like genuine black folk. Red and Olivia's actors also did a great job. I still wish they'd change Olivia's age to fourteen or fifteen. She still doesn't act or sound like anyone younger than that.

Samuel was my favorite character in the set of episodes, maybe even in the whole season. He added just the right amount of humor to the episode, and a lot of it made me laugh. Especially the part where he overdramatizes the gunshot wound. He was always worried about his stomach, and that reminded me of Marvin Washington. Mostly because I think they're played by the same actor.

There were no major characters (unless you wanna call Olivia a major character) ! I was really hoping that Whit or Connie or Eugene would pop in somewhere or near the end, but they didn't. That was the only downside of having these episodes end the season. There was no great ending line by Whit or anyone else.

There were more spiritual applications in this episode than in the rest of the season combined! I really appreciated that. These episodes really felt like Odyssey, rather than a new radio drama trying to be like Odyssey. There were lessons about perseverance, umm..., I can't remember any more right now, but I'm sure there were more. (Please comment!) Oh yeah, Olivia learned that she should be wanting and willing to learn and ready to fight for her right to learn.

Overall, this was an amazing episode and the Odyssey team did a great job. It had a great story, and it's all the better when the story is true! Keep up the good work Odyssey, but now I can't wait for Cause and Effect.

This episode gets a 10/10, a great way to end the season.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I loved how when we got to listen to this in Jazz Band for jazz history, how much if emphasized God's control and love and peace, and overarching plan for us. It was great to be able to put that message out in school like that!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I loved how when we got to listen to this in Jazz Band for jazz history, how much if emphasized God's control and love and peace, and overarching plan for us. It was great to be able to put that message out in school like that!
You can't talk about music without at some point talking about the church.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

31899 wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:I loved how when we got to listen to this in Jazz Band for jazz history, how much if emphasized God's control and love and peace, and overarching plan for us. It was great to be able to put that message out in school like that!

After all, what is music if it's not singing God's praises?

A: It's clanging cymbals...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:
31899 wrote:

That is actually not what I meant at all.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

31899 wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:
31899 wrote:

That is actually not what I meant at all.

I know, I'm just saying...