667: The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1"?

Five - Fantastic!
60%
Four - Awesome!
23%
Three - Good!
16%
Two - Decent.
No votes
One - Horrible!
No votes

Total votes: 43

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Taq wrote:Notes:
  • Does the device remind anyone of Call Me if You Care? It's been 20 years. There is a relationship rift. There is a crisis that needs to be attended to now. (There will be forgiveness/reuniting/a relationship restored at the end? I would not be surprised to find Alicia's sister in Part 2.)
  • I enjoyed Matthew as a supporting character tagging along with Eugene.
  • I was surprised but not disappointed to hear Chris step out of the bookends of the show in her reporter role.
I agree about Call me if You Care. When my brother asked how the new episode was, the best way I could describe it was saying that it felt a lot like that episode. All the same, it was a really good episode, the best since the relaunch I'd say.

I was thrown off by Chris as a reporter too, and just when I was trying to decide whether or not I liked the fact that she was now a reporter for Odyssey, I heard the rest of the commercial with Matthew and Emily and realized that I'd been tricked.

Oh, and yep, I definitely thought of Back to the Future after reading the original description.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

This episode was a far better season opener than last season, in fact it was better than every episode last season. I'm warming up to the new voice of Whit and this season seams to be off too a good start. It's hard to tell where this episode seems to be going but because it's AIO it will probably be the happy Disney like ending where every thing is perfect and the two people get together again under the clock tower at 11:45pm or the clock is a bomb and explodes, perhaps the person's sister is already married, Mathew hits the self destruct button. It would be far more interesting if it were one of the last options. Something I noted is there seems to be no lesson to the episode at this point, perhaps I'm just missing it, but I can't find one. On more positive basis there was a very nice cliffhanger ending and more than four characters.

Over all I give the Episode 3 and a half stars.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

31899 wrote:Something I noted is there seems to be no lesson to the episode at this point, perhaps I'm just missing it, but I can't find one.
The theme is "Be sure your sin will find you out", based on the fact that Alicia never thought anyone would find out her secret. Perhaps we'll know more about it in the final. :yes:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Or perhaps not because she was not in any way obligated to deliver the message and by delivering the message in a way she was disobeying her parents.

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

31899 wrote:Or perhaps not because she was not in any way obligated to deliver the message and by delivering the message in a way she was disobeying her parents.

Ya, I see what you're saying. But she should have told someone that she wasn't going to be their 'messenger girl' anymore.
But, ya, that's not much of a lesson after all.
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

oh goodness. i'm super lame and just now sat down and listened to this episode!

I think it's a great start to album 51.

Andre Stojka... still don't like him as Whit. I'll always be a Paul Herlinger fan over Hal Smith. And Andre sounds a little bit to much like Hal. But all in all, I love all three actors.

Chris in an acting roll??? YES!! A+++++++++

John Cambell's music: Really, really like. It has some of the same "feel" as the Novacom mystery scenes music.

Already like Matthew as a new kid character.

So siked for Saturday!!

~Jesusfreak
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

jesusfreak wrote: Chris in an acting roll??? YES!! A+++++++++
~Jesusfreak
Chris isn't exactly in an acting roll. That part where she was a reporter was a commercial, that they've played on other episodes as well. It's still cool though.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

ric wrote:
jesusfreak wrote: Chris in an acting roll??? YES!! A+++++++++
~Jesusfreak
Chris isn't exactly in an acting roll. That part where she was a reporter was a commercial, that they've played on other episodes as well. It's still cool though.
I unintentionally caused misconceptions, haha.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Judging by all the people who were tricked by the commerical, I probably would have been if I had not heard it before. :-
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Definitely a 5 star. Great Job Adventures in Odyssey! :bounce: