667: The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1"?

Five - Fantastic!
60%
Four - Awesome!
23%
Three - Good!
16%
Two - Decent.
No votes
One - Horrible!
No votes

Total votes: 43

Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Speaking of Andre Stojka, did yall notice Chris did not credit him at the end ??

5 stars. Very enjoyable and I am ready to see how it ends. It has me into it. I have a suspect in mind too. I like how it went back and forth in telling the story from 2 viewpoints.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Anna><> wrote:I still can't get used to Andre as Whit... He's just not Whit... :( I hope I get used to him soon!
I'll echo that. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I still think Andre is doing a terrific job for Whit. He's a very talented actor. :yes:

Here's my review I should have posted yesterday....:anxious:

And it's time for the kick-off of Album 52: Cause and Effect. Huzzah and Wooton! When Eugene tells Matthew about the effects of cause-and-effect, I wondered if there would be more mentions of it. Now onto the review.

Every single character was great: Eugene, Whit, Connie, Alicia, Michael, even Andrew. (I didn't mention Matthew on purpose though, because I'm already fazed out on the fact he's gonna be around a lot). The music was so much different from AIO, sort of electric, I think. But it definitely made the episode stand out. John Campell did a great job on it! Kudos to him. I'm glad we still have enough of Connie and her insatiable curiousity; that made her better. In fact, Eugene, Connie, and Whit all seem like themselves in this episode. Take it From the Top didn't make them seem like the good old ones. The mystery itself has gotten me well intriuged, and I'm dying to find out what happens. I wonder if Andrew has anything to do with it. Not because of Matthew's theory...but just a gut feeling that's driving me insane. Maybe I'll feel better next week. I enjoyed how the AIO team mixed the Eugene's conversation with Alicia, along with Whit and Connie's talk with Michael, together. It was more interesting. I have no real negatives for this show. The only one I can think of is that we have to wait till next week. :D
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Excellent episode!! =D> 5/5 Can't wait for Part 2!!! \:D/
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

DanP740 wrote:I have to admit, I was impressed by this episode. It had the old two-parter mystery feel to it. One thing though... in the promos for album 52, I thought I heard them say that the clocktower's time hadn't changed since it had been struck by lightening x years ago, which is not at all the problem in this episode. What?

I give it 5 stars, which the first of the newer episodes I've ever given a 5, I believe.
this line in your comment, and the title of the episode in general made me think of Back to the Future (anyone else think of that??)
Oh, and i gave it 5 stars too, which I don't normally do either. I think this album started off better than the last one.

Till the end of the line.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Awesome episode! Anyone else here think that Anthony is secretly in love with Alicia?

Anyway... 5/5! Can't wait for part 2! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

it worked thanks!

-- Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm --

and for the thoughts on the episode: I found it very strange that Alecia was being very mysterious saying the date.... imposible! no one and I mean NO ONE knows a bout it. and Eugenes just like : ok. you think he would have pryed more.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I think he would not have, because Eugene does not usually pry into people he does not know business.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

hmm touche' good point.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Shennifer wrote:
DanP740 wrote:I have to admit, I was impressed by this episode. It had the old two-parter mystery feel to it. One thing though... in the promos for album 52, I thought I heard them say that the clocktower's time hadn't changed since it had been struck by lightening x years ago, which is not at all the problem in this episode. What?

I give it 5 stars, which the first of the newer episodes I've ever given a 5, I believe.
this line in your comment, and the title of the episode in general made me think of Back to the Future (anyone else think of that??)
Oh, and i gave it 5 stars too, which I don't normally do either. I think this album started off better than the last one.
Hah, yes, I immediately thought of Back to the Future when I heard it, and then quickly checked to see if the time they said was the same as in Back to the Future, but it wasn't.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

takeitfromthetop wrote:it worked thanks!

You are welcome.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Hmm... You guys have started me on listening now... =P

GAH! I want to know what happens next! :mad: I have my theories, but....
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

If you haven't been listening to the Scoopcast, Kevin already summed up album 52

"Odyssey is back"

I think that pretty much covers everything.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

WOW WOW!!!

Thoughts on this amazing episode:

As someone who hasn't listened to AIO in YEARS, thisis quite a pleasant and nice suprise. Amazing ep, actually feels alot like classic 90s Odyssey!

The music reminded me alot of Novacom. Loved it!!

I honestly have no clue what is gonna happen next. We don't have enough info!!!

Nice to hear they got rid of Ms. Faye!! Never did care for her too much......

Where is Harlow when you need him?? This would have been a great place to bring him into the story for some great comic relief.

I do agree though, that I'm just not diggin this new Whit. He just doesn't sound or feel like Whit in the least to me.

Overall, AMAZING episode! CANNOT WAIT for the second part!!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, Back to the Future was the first thing that came to mind when a clocktower was mentioned, specifically with the hands stuck at a certain time. Sadly it was not 10:04. :(
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I just turned it on! i was gone over the weekend so I have been very impatiently waiting for this moment!! :D I am hopeful it will be WAY better than 51... I'll update this once i finish it and say how i thought.

It was FANTASTIC!! i really enjoyed the music. Its still hard to get used to the new Whit, but I think i'll eventually adjust. I think album 51 was sort of a test to see how people would react to the new changes and now they've got it a little more figured out and they're doing a great job! Keep it up! cant wait to hear the end... I almost want to order the album myself so I can hear it before Sat...

\:D/
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I really enjoyed this episdode and hope Alicia becomes a permanent character. Does anyone else think she is a good match for Jason? :) Is Eugene still supposed to be married to Katrina? He never mentions her. No one does. If they mentioned Dreams by Constance surely Katrina still exists.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Samitude wrote:Is Eugene still supposed to be married to Katrina? He never mentions her. No one does. If they mentioned Dreams by Constance surely Katrina still exists.
Yes, Katrina is still around. According to AIOWiki, "Katrina will return for at least one episode in album 52 and play a bigger role in Album 53." I can't wait for her return.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

American Eagle wrote:
Samitude wrote:Is Eugene still supposed to be married to Katrina? He never mentions her. No one does. If they mentioned Dreams by Constance surely Katrina still exists.
Yes, Katrina is still around. According to AIOWiki, "Katrina will return for at least one episode in album 52 and play a bigger role in Album 53." I can't wait for her return.
Oh, good! I was sure they had decided to ignore the past or something. This is very good news.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

The King s Daughter wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:Chris was a reporter in the middle, but it was just a commercial for Album 52 - a very clever one I might add. :) I like the Parker Jones detective commercial as well. The titles of their cases coming up this season are hilarious and all seem to be spoofs of old detective movies. I love it!
That part was great! :D
Haha, I was duped into thinking that Chris was actually part of the episode. As I mentioned before, I was tricked also by the Parker Jones detective commercial but caught myself on that one. Looks like I'll be having to pay extra attention so I can differentiate between episode and commercial. :P