670: Stage Fright

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "Stage Fright"?

5 stars - RUE! [THE DAY] :x
21%
4 stars - MOO!
29%
3 stars - WOO!
32%
2 stars - TWO!
18%
1 star - BOO!
No votes

Total votes: 34

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I loved the "22 Trombones" song. I'm sure it's a spoof on "76 Trombones" from The Music Man, one of my fav musicals! :D
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I give it only three stars :)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Here's my review:

This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed the mystery aspect of it. I think that this was a better mystery than Game for a Mystery last season. It was a little bit below my entertainment level, but that's because I'm two years ahead of the Odyssey age target range.

I agree with Marvin that it would have been nice to have Matthew narrate rather than Emily. I was hoping that they were going to go back and forth between the two, but that's not what happened.

I greatly enjoyed the character of Mr. Stolfitz, and how he was played by Jess Harnell. The surprise ending was great, and I wasn't really expecting it; although, it was a little weird.

It was good to have Jay in another episode. I think he is a great replacement for Rodney Rathbone if that's what he's supposed to be, and he adds some needed humor to the Emily and Matthew shows.

The return of Priscilla Peterson was interesting, but I won't go into that. Nor will I go into the relationship between Emily and Matthew that some like to speculate about.

Overall, this was a pretty entertaining episode with a good moral that was given by Chris at the end. I'll give it a 7.5/10. I forgot to give ratings to the other shows, so here they are:

The Mystery of the Clock Tower Parts I and II--9/10
Wooton's Broken Pencil Show--8/10

I'm looking forward to next week's episode which looks like it should have much more spiritual application than the episodes so far have.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

The Music Man is my favourite musical of all time, so that gave a little extra appeal on the ep for me.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent