680: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this part of the episode?

5/5 stars
64%
4/5 stars
32%
3/5 stars
5%
2/5 stars
No votes
1/5 stars
No votes

Total votes: 22

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I really enjoyed this episode. I gave it five stars out of five. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

The Top Crusader wrote:I mentioned this in the SPOILER RIDDEN thread I think, but I will say it here now! :x

Anyone think that Mr. Skint (or whatever his name is >_>) sounds a lot like he could have been voiced by Walker Edminston? Obviously that isn't the case. ;) But if I was unaware Edminston had passed away I would have just assumed he was voicing him.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they are test-driving the voice in order to use him later as a replacement-Tom.

Oh, and Andre's voice is getting better as Whit. I am relieved. :anxious:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If you're talking about that circus guy, yeah, he does sound a little like Tom.

The bad guys' names annoy me. What real villian group has member whose names are all puns?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm putting this in spoiler tags because I don't remember if this info has been revealed yet, but it's a really small thing in answer to Dan's question.
In the backpack they recover, "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens is found. I haven't read the book (because it sounds really sad) :anxious: but I browsed info on Wikipedia because of Buck Oliver's name, and a lot of names in Oliver Twist say something about the character, which was not uncommon at the time Dickens was writing. I think a bit of that idea carried over into this album, with some names seeming to imply something about the character. I could be totally offbase on this, but this is a theory that I have about the names.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

31899 wrote:My opinion so far is that they should have spaced these episodes out more or released this as radio theatre. This episode was okay 3/5 stars due to lack of interesting and extreme predictability. It might just be that I require to grow down some but AIO seems to becoming more and more predictable :( Hopefully we shall some plot twists in the upcoming episodes, although I can tell you that at the end of this everything will resolve and it will be "happily ever after."

I don't think 31899 will ever be happy with the "new" AIO even if they make amazing albums :no: :shrugs:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

thegreenringC wrote:
31899 wrote:My opinion so far is that they should have spaced these episodes out more or released this as radio theatre. This episode was okay 3/5 stars due to lack of interesting and extreme predictability. It might just be that I require to grow down some but AIO seems to becoming more and more predictable :( Hopefully we shall some plot twists in the upcoming episodes, although I can tell you that at the end of this everything will resolve and it will be "happily ever after."

I don't think 31899 will ever be happy with the "new" AIO even if they make amazing albums :no: :shrugs:
I would appreciate not being talked about in the third person in threads I am permitted to read.

I'm sorry AIO is predictable usually and I actually think about the episode I just listened to? 3/5 is a pretty good rating. Amazing is perspective, and I am entitled to my opinion. If you have a problem with it, talk to me not the board.

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Did it seem strange to anyone that when the ambulance came toe the junkyard, that Jay ran out, and Matthew and Nelson continued their discussion like nothing had happened?! Where's the Christian compassion for others here? An ambulance came; someone is in serious trouble, and they don't even bat an eyelash. I thought that that was very strange.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Did it seem strange to anyone that when the ambulance came toe the junkyard, that Jay ran out, and Matthew and Nelson continued their discussion like nothing had happened?! Where's the Christian compassion for others here? An ambulance came; someone is in serious trouble, and they don't even bat an eyelash. I thought that that was very strange.
wow, it might be a sign of the times, but I didn´t even notice that. Though, I think most people would stay out of the way once the professionals arrived, so as not to get in the way of them doing their job. Overall, I am enjoying this new album, though I do wish they had given each episode a different title. It will be hard in the future to discuss `the one about.....´etc.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

jennifertwt wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Did it seem strange to anyone that when the ambulance came toe the junkyard, that Jay ran out, and Matthew and Nelson continued their discussion like nothing had happened?! Where's the Christian compassion for others here? An ambulance came; someone is in serious trouble, and they don't even bat an eyelash. I thought that that was very strange.
wow, it might be a sign of the times, but I didn´t even notice that. Though, I think most people would stay out of the way once the professionals arrived, so as not to get in the way of them doing their job. Overall, I am enjoying this new album, though I do wish they had given each episode a different title. It will be hard in the future to discuss `the one about.....´etc.
I actually, would have gone inside, out of the way. :) I'm like a scared puppy when it comes to hospitals and stuff like that... :anxious:
he/him | a little stinker.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Steve wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
I actually, would have gone inside, out of the way. :) I'm like a scared puppy when it comes to hospitals and stuff like that... :anxious:
I don't know, if it was me, I'd be running over there to make sure that nobody's dying or anything like that. Obviously an ambulance means something's wrong, but they didn't even seem to show any concern that someone could be dying over there.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Here's my review:

I thought that the opening scene to this second episode was even better than last week's opening scene with Matthew and Emily. This time we got some answers to questions right off the bat, and I hope the same thing happens next week. I really like the characters of Mr. Skint and Buck, but already a bunch more questions have been brought up. I'm wondering if the fact that they both have southern accents will come into play later on. I would think Detective Polehaus should have been more suspicious of Buck upon hearing his strange accent. (I personally think it sounds fake--kind of like the Australian boy, Simon, in A Little Credit, Please.) Somehow they have a connection with Uncle Archie of the carnival, and I think that's going to matter later on.

Detective Polehaus keeps making a big deal about how bad of a family background Wally Haggler has, and I don't know if anyone else caught it, but Uncle Archie is his brother. (So does that mean he's Jay's dad?! Or just another uncle?) I think the detective must know something about Archie's involvement in something, or at least he's suspicious, or he wouldn't be harping upon Wally's background so much. I thought it was intriguing that the detective also knew immediately who the Stiletto is, and that he thought Wally was lying as soon as he was brought up. I looked up the word stiletto in the dictionary to see if that'd give me any clues, but it only means "a small dagger" or "a thin high heel on a woman's shoe". I still think it could be Mr. Charles or the Chairman. I don't think it's Mitch, Richard, or Jason, because each of them is a Christian, and wouldn't do something like that. Well I guess Richard isn't necessarily a Christian, but he's always been a good guy, and he understands forgiveness and repentance. I really have no clue who he could be though.

Monty works in the Secret Service? I never would have guessed that he'd go that direction from his earlier shows. I wonder if Jana knows anything about it. Maybe his dad got him into it. But I think it makes sense that he'd be investigating the counterfeit case. My theory is that he is a spy for the government, and Dirk Beggs, Mr. Skint whoever the other guy is think he's in on the plan. The only sign that he was an agent was the disc under his skin, so I don't see how any of them would know, or why he'd tell them. I can't see him being a double agent against the government, so I don't think he's actually working with them. But now he's right back out of the hospital, and he left us with another cliff-hanger!

Eugene seems to have his action/adventure cap on in these episodes. His attitude and tone remind me of the days when he was trying to find his father with Whit. The chemistry between him and Emily, in my opinion, is really, really good, and I think he'd make a more fitting partner for Emily in a detective agency than Matthew does. ;) And also, the music again really added to the show. John Campbell does a great job composing for mysteries. It hearkens back to the Novacom days. But I'm still waiting to hear from Katrina! I hope she comes in soon. And I hope Audrey Wasalewski starts doing a better job with her voice. In past episodes with her and Eugene, I agree with those who say that she isn't as good of a Katrina as Pamela Hayden was. But she hasn't been in mystery mode for a while, so maybe she can redeem herself.

The kids were really good in the episode again. I thought Matthew especially did a good job. He was right to say that he shouldn't go to meet a stranger, and then I thought it was great that he said he wanted to meet at the police station. I'm really itching to know what's on the AppleBerry phone, to find out why Mr. Skint is so concerned that it will fall into the wrong hands. Georgina Cordova continues to do a great job playing Nelson, and I'm continually amazed at how much she can make him sound like a boy. His argument with Jay about the plane crash made me laugh. Jay also did a good job in the episode. It seems that he's going to be a very important character in the episodes to come, since he links the bad guys to the good guys. I look forward to hearing more from him, since Marvin says that he's in every episode this season.

There are still so many questions, despite how many were answered in this episode: What is Dirk Beggs' secret? What's on the AppleBerry he dropped? What's Uncle Wally's part in all this? And what is the significance of his relation to Uncle Archie at the carnival? Who is Monty working for? Why and how did he escape from the hospital? What's going to happen with the counterfeit money? Is that the "knapsack or something" that dropped from the plane during the fight in the air? Why is Detective Polehaus so suspicious and hostile toward Uncle Wally? Does the detective have any secrets himself? Who is the Stiletto? And why do all the suspicious people know who he is? What part is Connie going to play as the episodes continue? Is her place at the college going to play a role? What's going to happen at Uncle Archie's carnival? And when will we ever learn if a duck's quack really echoes?!

I can't wait to hear the answers to all these questions as the season continues to unfold. I'm glad that this episode had a good moral presented by Chris at the end. Hopefully the rest of the episodes will end up following suit. Thank you for taking the time to read my review!