682: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 4

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think?

5 stars: The best ever!
43%
4 stars: About the best ever.
43%
3: Just ok.
14%
2 stars: Not ok.
No votes
1 star: The worst ever!
No votes

Total votes: 7

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
682: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 4

Post by Peachey Keen »

And so it continues! Part 4 is now on the air!

Discuss!
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

After listening to it once, my first two thoughts are that Connie needs to quit screaming, and that I'm glad that Katrina is around.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

So, do you think the Odyssey team is running undercover "test" voices for a possible new Tom and Jack? I thought that guy at the paper mill sounded alot like Jack Allen and Mr. Skint has some Tom sound to his voice. I think the paper mill guy may be played by Bob Hoose. I'm not sure. My sister thought it was Alan Young doing the voice. I agree that it sounded alot like Alan Young.

Yay! I am so happy to hear from Monty and am glad they have the same actor playing him. I know he's a little younger, but I think it would be highly appropriate for Monty to get out of the FBI and marry Connie. It just fits together some how.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Samitude wrote:So, do you think the Odyssey team is running undercover "test" voices for a possible new Tom and Jack? I thought that guy at the paper mill sounded alot like Jack Allen and Mr. Skint has some Tom sound to his voice. I think the paper mill guy may be played by Bob Hoose. I'm not sure. My sister thought it was Alan Young doing the voice. I agree that it sounded alot like Alan Young.

Yay! I am so happy to hear from Monty and am glad they have the same actor playing him. I know he's a little younger, but I think it would be highly appropriate for Monty to get out of the FBI and marry Connie. It just fits together some how.
Whit's always been like Connie's father, so him being her GRANDFATHER-in-law would be a little weirder.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Wooton Blagard
Not as new

Post by Wooton Blagard »

Did they get a new actor for Katrina? Was it just me, or did he sound odd?
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Wooton Blagard wrote:Did they get a new actor for Katrina? Was it just me, or did he sound odd?
As far as I know it's still the second Katrina, Audrey Wasilewski. It sounded like her to me.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Samitude wrote:
Wooton Blagard wrote:Did they get a new actor for Katrina? Was it just me, or did he sound odd?
As far as I know it's still the second Katrina, Audrey Wasilewski. It sounded like her to me.

It IS the same Katrina :) she sounded the same to me. My favorite quote in this one was the very last line :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

This was a pretty good episode, almost felt like pre-reboot, except Connie sounds like she's always yelling again, and Katrina's voice still isn't the original. :( Whit is sounding better though. 4/5
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

Katrina's voice hasn't been the original voice for about 10 years now, so it really doesn't bother me anymore. I'm getting used to Whit's voice, but honestly, I just don't care that much at this point. I'm glad they kept Monty's voice the same. Since he's a lot older now it wouldn't be as noticeable if they changed it, but nice continuity anyway.

I agree, this show felt like pre-reboot to me. Sometimes when the new kids came in I was like "Wait, what are they doing here? LAME!!" (Yeah, I still don't like the new kids that much.)

A couple minor issues on this story line in general because I just love to nitpick:
- Whit didn't have clearance, so why were they giving him details on Monty's Secret Service job?
- AIO apparently likes to ignore HIPAA laws (as do most fictional TV shows, books, etc.) I'm not real clear on how the rules apply to an unconscious person, but a patient's name, diagnosis, condition, etc. are all considered protected health information. I'm pretty sure the Dr. would need permission from Monty or his next-of-kin/power of attorney to give Whit information on Monty's condition.
- Wouldn't Monty officially be called "Montgomery Whitaker-Dowd" instead of "Monty Whitaker"? I guess he could have had his name legally changed to drop the hyphenated name if he wanted, but I assume "Monty" has to be short for something.
- A notorious villain called "The Stiletto"? Really? Do villains in Odyssey ever have normal names? (Bennett Charles was probably the closest they've gotten.)
- The Secret Service agent (Lauren What's-Her-Name) really annoyed me. And not just because she's a maybe-bad-guy who's supposed to be sorta suspicious/annoying. The voice actor was reeaallly overacting, and the performance sounded really forced. Unusual, because most of the voice actors on AIO are pretty good.

Overall, I like this storyline so far.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:Katrina's voice hasn't been the original voice for about 10 years now, so it really doesn't bother me anymore.
Well, it had been years since she'd been on, so I wasn't used to it again.
Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:- Whit didn't have clearance, so why were they giving him details on Monty's Secret Service job?
Whit works for the government too...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

... I thought the Stilleto was a cool name ... :(
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

- The Secret Service agent (Lauren What's-Her-Name) really annoyed me. And not just because she's a maybe-bad-guy who's supposed to be sorta suspicious/annoying. The voice actor was reeaallly overacting, and the performance sounded really forced. Unusual, because most of the voice actors on AIO are pretty good.
Maybe that is because an actor acting that the Secret Service is acting.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

thegreenringC wrote:... I thought the Stilleto was a cool name ... :(
Me too! I don't know why everyone keeps hating on it!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Maybe the next bad guy should have the name "Bob". ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Moontide wrote:Maybe the next bad guy should have the name "Bob". ;)
Totally... or Jerry.
he/him | a little stinker.