686: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 8

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate Part 8 of The Green Ring Conspiracy!

5 stars
85%
4 stars
15%
3 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 13

Wooton Blagard
Not as new

Post by Wooton Blagard »

I Loved Jay in this episode!
Eugene: Jay, maybe you should sit down.
Jay: The only one sitting down around here is him when they drop him in the electric chair for being a counterfeiter.
Eugene: Counterfeiters don't go the the electric chair Jay.
Jay: Well the should be made in some kind of chair..in a corner.. for.. like a REALLY loooooong lime.

SO Funny!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I think that the episode you're thinking of is "The Case of the Secret Room", even though Inspector Howards wasn't actually in on the crime, it just seemed absolutely like it until about 2 minutes from the end.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I think that the episode you're thinking of is "The Case of the Secret Room", even though Inspector Howards wasn't actually in on the crime, it just seemed absolutely like it until about 2 minutes from the end.
Actually, I figured it out, but I forgot to add it to my review. It's in Waylaid in the Windy City when Whit tells the policeman that he thinks the laptops were switched in the taxi. Then the policeman tells Whit, "Don't touch anything till I get there!" And he turns out to be the bad guy who's working with Dr. Blackgaard.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Episode Eight
OhmywordwefinallyfindoutthattheStillettoisnoneotherthan—oh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t get ahead of myself. *rewinds* So Whit tells Eugene about his super-ultra-cool plan...oh, wait. It was Polehaus’s plan: get Buck’s spit. Or..to phrase it politely, acquire a sample of the saliva in Buck’s oral cavity. ...first version’s shorter. But...is Buck involved? Eugene will go on in his “normal self” to get the sample. Somehow, I don’t think he passed. I wish they didn’t make Whit say, “I hope it goes well,” because it’s a double reference. A lot of times characters do it in the show...it gets clichéd. However, Eugene’s “normal self” involves trying to get Buck to lick a spoon. What? That’s not Eugene! He’s smarter than that! Just because they want some comedy doesn’t mean they have to make characters do things they normally won’t do!
As Eugene fumbles around, Connie goes off to Mr. Spooky. Or, Dr. Trask. He really comes off as pure evil, to be honest. I mean, everything about him sounds so...weird. When I first heard this episode, I was positive that this whole “seeking God” jazz was how the counterfeit money gang worked. And I was proven wrong later on, though it made sense to let this exclusive group be the bad guys! And man, the music in the background when Trask talked about vibrancy and fading, and Connie’s inside beauty and potential, I was pretty ready to freak out. But Connie wasn’t freaked out, and decided to go to the “interesting class” to see what she’d see.
And now...Eugene is still trying to get Buck to do something so he can get his spit. Instead of acting like his normal self...he gets all weird. Namely, as follows:
Eugene: *pants because he’s been trying to make Buck tired so he’ll drink some water or something* Now-*pant* Buck, you must be *pant* thirsty! Have some *pant* lemonade.
Buck: Uhh...
Eugene: *clenched teeth* Try some!
Buck: Sure...
Eugene: Here! *slams it in his face*
Buck: So, wazzup with the door?
Eugene: Projects; try the lemonade.
Buck: What kind?
Eugene: Important ones; try this!
Buck: I’d like to—
Eugene: JUST TRY IT! *glares*
Buck: *whimpers* Yessir...*is ready for the drink when*
Matthew: Hey, Buck!
Eugene: *facepalms*
Matthew: Yo, got your phone. Come and get it!
Buck: Ooh! PHONE!
Eugene: DRINK IT NOW!
Matthew: Dude. Chill. Wazzup with da lemonade?!
Eugene: It’s important!
Buck: Fine. *prepares to drink when*
Katrina: BUCK! Come with me!
Eugene: *passes out from all the stress*
Buck: Sure.
Katrina: Take the toothpick away, please.
Eugene: *hears something related to spit and wakes up* GIMME GIMME GIMME TOOTHPICK!!! ...my stress levels. Help me.
Matthew: ...okay.

In other words, total cheese. Martin goes off to get the toothpick, and Whit calls and shares notes with Polehaus. And it seems that Wally is actually telling the truth...not that that’s a surprise, but it seems Polehaus has been proven wrong! Whit, though, goes to an abandoned building tracking Monty, but he sees Tanner. Suspicion? Definitely...

Katrina tells Buck that he really doesn’t *gasp* live at the address he gave! So Buck makes up another story. This one seemed too...fake. Cliched. Planned. I don’t know, but it just didn’t come off real for me. And Katrina fell for it? Puh-leeze! *can rant for hours about it* Everything is just so...unrealistic. “Step outside so I can get, y’know, better signal.” *cringes* And Katrina comes out and totally “poor-boys” him. *winces again* And then Eugene goes to tell Katrina about the toothpick. And it’s one very long story, you know...

Buck goes to call Skint and tells him about the fake address. Dominoes and doublebluffs! Skint’s whole talk about why people are so mistrusting makes me cringe (again!) They aren’t exactly innocent. And the Whit’s End gang isn’t stupid! And then Skint sends Buck off to go find the phone and make Katrina go around in circles.

After this cringing scene, Trask starts talking about boring, boring, and really boring stuff. He’s talking about a painting about Samson and Delilah and stuff like that. (Yes, I listened to it twice. Once to hear Trask, the other time to hear Connie and Penny, okay?) And then Wooton and Penny...oh, boy. Penny is ready to gush over Wooton the hunk, before she yelps “What?!” at the fact that Connie feels like a third wheel. But, the way Wooton and Penny are, of course she’s one! All they can do is stare into the other one’s eyes dreamily for hours on end....And besides, Connie’s just “training wheels”...And when Penny goes all about the exciting things and cool stuff, it’s literal proof that she’s involved! Or is she?...

Trailing Tanner, Whit surprises the mysterious agent, who immediately says she doesn’t know about Monty. *gasp* The signal really works! And of course, Tanner comes up with a good story again. “I had to play it this way,” she explains. They both pretty much are ready to fight. But then, enters....
*drumroll*
The Stiletto.

*epic commercial break*

And we’re back! Everybody’s suspicious of Buck now, and it’s about time they nab him, and let Emily sob when she finds out her true love is *not* who she thinks he is. Anyway, Buck wants lemonade, and Eugene says that *he* doesn’t need it anymore. What? *facepalm* ...Eugene is smarter than that! Gimme a break! This whole thing of making it for 8-12 year olds again has brought down the quality...it seems a little more childish now. And before Buck gets a drink, Jay comes bursting inside, yelling, “ARREST BUCK!” And the best line is right here with the electric chair. Yeah, make Buck sit down in some kind of chair for a really long time! Jay is pure win. For all his goofiness, he ends up playing his role much better than Rodney. “DENY IT!” “I deny it!” “Oh.” Buck’s going to get the Appleberry seemed too...out of place. Leave? It makes him so suspicious! Major slip up, bud.

Tanner is dragged about by the Stilleto’s men, and I’ll give her some credit, her being dragged out was pretty good. It was...pretty interesting. And then, all the guys leave and the Stiletto is with Whit by himself. The music starts to build up. The Stiletto can’t take off his beard, but his hat and sunglasses go off. And then...the Stiletto says...it’s Jason! Oh my goodness, it’s Jason! But...why is the infamous Stiletto Jason Whittaker? What’s he doing here? How is he connected? What will become of the phone? So many questions! Wait till...tomorrow to find out.

Yeah, I took a long time..
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

JASON!?!?!?!?!?!?! THE STILETTO IS JASON?!?!?!? WHAT THE...
But seriously though... I would have never guesses him.
~Mark Prescott~
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

@ Marvin: I would have commented on the post on your blog, but it won't let me comment. It looks like there's something wrong with the spam check that's keeping me from commenting.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Heh, if it goes through, I'll approve it when I log on \:D/ Sorry if it missed sarcasm...bad week.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Marvin D. wrote:Heh, if it goes through, I'll approve it when I log on \:D/ Sorry if it missed sarcasm...bad week.
It didn't let me comment at all. It wasn't like you had to approve it--it just wouldn't let me press "Submit."

And your review had ample sarcasm. Don't worry; it wasn't horrible. But it did seem like you were a little off your game. ;)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My first reaction when the Stiletto came in was "Seriously? A stereotypical gangster guy?". I actually didn't hear the very end of the episode until today after part 9, but I heard Jason's unveiling in the "previous on AIO..." at the start of part 9. 4/5

And Jay was epic.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I love Jay too. He kinda reminds me of Rodney Rathebone. I'm glad that Jason is back. I'd give it 4/5 stars.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I finally got to listen to this episode last night. \:D/ I thought the Stiletto's voice sounded familiar, and I had a sneaking suspicion it would be Jason, so it wasn't a huge surprise. It's good to have him back.

Agent Tanner once again got on my nerves with her horrible over acting, but she's supposed to be a dislike character anyway, I guess. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Wow Marvin! your reviews get more and more negative every week... Not trying to judge you or anything here, and I know you're already done listening to the episodes, but do you think if you went into the episodes with a more positive mind frame, expecting that they won't be that bad instead of looking for what you won't like, maybe you'd like them better. Sure there are some cheesy parts that make everyone want to roll their eyes, but that's always been part of what makes Odyssey Odyssey. The episodes have always been this way, even before the relaunch.

Personally, I thought this was a great episode. Eugene's lack of subtly was a bit unrealistic, but it's not the first time he hasn't been as subtle as he promised Whit he would be. Good stuff.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.