702: Childish Things

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate Childish Things!

5 stars
18%
4 stars
35%
3 stars
47%
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 17

Bren
Be positive!

702: Childish Things

Post by Bren »

The last episode of 54 is airing. :( Hey, we are that closer to Album 55 and The Labyrinth. :D \:D/
ImageImageImage
logos linked
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I surprisingly actually liked this, despite Penny being in it. 4/5
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Good episode I enjoyed very much.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I have to say that while I don't think the last two Penny episodes were awful, I wasn't entirely in love with them. Both of them had good ideas, but I believe they failed in some aspects of their execution.

This one is similar in that I think there are several ways it could have been better. The episode is essentially about trust, and I'm not sure it was entirely clear in its use of the verse about childish things (1 Corinthians 13:11). Also, Penny seems unreasonably obstinate and even arrogant in her continued refusal to accept Connie's advice -- and she even throws her own statement that she shouldn't rely solely on body language out the window, choosing to focus entirely on it, though she hasn't even finished reading her book on the subject. Also, it would have been nice if she could have tried some other "quick method" of determining trust in the episode, instead of just the body language. I expected some sort of deal where she would go through two or three different "solutions" to her problem, and I was slightly disappointed.

However, in spite of those flaws, it was still overall well-done; a notably better episode than Penny's last two adventures. Wooton was pretty good in this episode -- not his best, but a lot more three-dimensional and better-characterized than he's been, well, since he first met Penny. Also, I think Penny, whatever her faults, has helped bring out all of the mature points in Connie's character again, which is a definite plus. Mr. Henri is turning out to be a very likable minor character, in the same sense as Mr. Holstein.

4/5; 79/99.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I enjoyed this episode. It was humorous, yet it taught a valuable lesson. I will give "Childish Things" four stars out of five.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis