713: Something Old, Something New Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate this episode

5 bubble blowers
47%
4 flower bouquets
29%
3 veils
12%
2 rings
6%
1 bride
6%

Total votes: 17

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The FOTF player worked today! But as I listened again, I was struck that it is odd that Connie kept the wedding planning business after her break up with Mitch. You would think she would not want anything to do with weddings. I am looking forward to part 2!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The wedding planning business was used after her breakup already, wasn't it? When Eugene and Katrina wanted an actual ceremony.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Yes, and I think it was mentioned in The Green Ring Conspiracy as the reason why Connie was taking art classes at the college.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I was planning on writing and posting this earlier in the week--preferably not the night before Something Old, Something New, Part II comes out--but if you know anything about me, you know that some of my worst traits are laziness and procrastination. So, like a true procrastinator, I've waited until just about the last minute to get this out. Since I'm not writing a formal review of Something Old, Something New, Part I, I did want to talk about what I think might happen in the next part before it is officially released.

As you could probably tell from my previous post, I was really excited that Mitch came back in last week's episode. I even expressed to friends of mine who don't know much about Odyssey at all my excitement. Hopefully all of my excitement won't give me an expectation that is too high for tomorrow's episode to meet.

My first prediction, which I think makes the most sense of anything I'm conjecturing, is that Mitch is back in town because of the allegedly illegal activity going on involving "Cute Guy" and "Maureen." Some have said that maybe Mitch and his fiancee are those two's true identities, which could be possible, since thus far only Matthew, Emily, and Penny have seen them. However, I think that's unlikely. It really seems like the mystery couple are doing something illegal with their paintings, so unless that impression is totally wrong, I don't think Mitch is involved in that.

A second thing I wanted to express was that although on the one hand, it would be nice and somewhat emotionally satisfying for Connie and Mitch to get back together, I don't want that to happen. For one thing, I don't think he's going to ditch his fiancee so quickly, even though we might hope that he would. And secondly, as I believe someone else has said, Mitch and Connie already determined that it was not God's will for them to get married. If, all of a sudden, God reveals to them that they are supposed to be together, it would not make a lot of sense to listeners who already have a hard time figuring out God's will and how all of the specifics of that should play out. If the relationship wasn't meant to be before, I don't think that should ever change, no matter how much we fans might want the two to be together.

My dad, on the other hand is a different story. He thinks that these two episodes are a setup for several episodes to come in Album 56 which will rebuild Mitch and Connie's relationship. I informed him that Paul Herlinger (wasn't it?) had said that they wouldn't get back together until Eugene and Katrina had kids, and that since it's obvious now that they can't have kids, Connie and Mitch won't ever get married. Therefore, he now thinks that not only will Connie and Mitch renew their relationship, but Eugene and Katrina, in tomorrow's episode, will receive the news that, despite all odds, by a miracle of God, they're expecting a baby. And so, he thinks, with that obstacle removed, the next logical step will be for Mitch to somehow dump his fiancee and marry Connie. I don't think he's right at all, but I thought I'd amuse you by sharing that.

So my expectations are high for tomorrow's episode, despite my fears that it may not be that great of a resolution. I hope there is a very satisfactory ending if this plot will not be carried on into Album 56. I don't really see how much can be fit into one small 25-minute time slot, but I'll hold out hope just the same.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Where the blazes is Part II? :x

Connie and Mitch's relationship/marriage dilemmas first aired when I was around 7/8. Obviously, I wanted a wedding and a happy ending at that time. I was crushed when it never came about. Since my middle school years, I have been happy that Connie did not end up with Mitch, because I became irritated with her silly behavior around him. However, after listening to the Novacom Saga again this last year (and with a little life experience) I realized how natural that kind of gidiness is for girls around the men they love. I've come to miss their witty banter and playful flirting. Besides, it is time for old Connie Kendall to settle down. She's been on the show for 25 years, darn it! ;x For those of you who argue that their relationship is not in God's will, remember that it's a fictional radio series. The writers can easily make it suddenly become God's will. ;)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Christian A. wrote: I informed him that Paul Herlinger (wasn't it?) had said that they wouldn't get back together until Eugene and Katrina had kids, and that since it's obvious now that they can't have kids, Connie and Mitch won't ever get married. Therefore, he now thinks that not only will Connie and Mitch renew their relationship, but Eugene and Katrina, in tomorrow's episode, will receive the news that, despite all odds, by a miracle of God, they're expecting a baby. And so, he thinks, with that obstacle removed, the next logical step will be for Mitch to somehow dump his fiancee and marry Connie. I don't think he's right at all, but I thought I'd amuse you by sharing that.
It was Kathy Weirenga, she said that Mitch would return to the show when Starbucks ran out of money, Ronald McDonald became a vegitarian, The Chicago Bulls win the Superbowl (she was aware they are a basketball team) I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing though........
I liked this episode for the most part. Some spots were a little weird, but it was a pretty good storyline, Jacque made me miss Mr. Hoilstein :(

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Didn't she say when Cats go extinct, Ronald McDonald became a vegetarian and pigs fly?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Knight Fisher wrote:Didn't she say when Cats go extinct, Ronald McDonald became a vegetarian and pigs fly?
Yes, but she also said when Starbucks ran out of money, and the Chicago Bulls win the Super Bowl, and Yes she knew they were a basketball team :yes: