714: Something Old, Something New Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate this episode!

5 Tofu pigs with sauce
22%
4 messages on the Cell Phone
6%
3 shorthand phrases
50%
2 Citizens Arrests
17%
1 FBI Call
6%

Total votes: 18

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

714: Something Old, Something New Part 2

Post by Graces4you »

The Conclusion \:D/
How will all of the confusion end?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I can't get it to work. D:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Doesn't work for me either.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Should work now.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

This episode...what a let down. :( My brother took a writing class and tells me often, if the problem is big, the solution should be bigger. I think that rather applies here. ;) Part one kept building up, and building up, and speculations and expectations were super high. And part two just went downhill.

Part One __________ Part Two
Con Artists!! ______ Just kidding.
Mitch is in trouble __ psht, he knew everything.
Comp virus! ______ not related. At all.
Connie's emotion __ Get over it the end. ;) Although I will confess, Whit's talk was the only part of this episode I liked.
Mystery kids solve__ complete misunderstanding.

And all to prove what, that Connie shouldn't have any regrets? o.O Very disappointed with this one. :( I voted 2/5 simply because Whit told a message that lots of people today need to hear. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

The moral of the story, and Mitch's coming back were the only redeeming parts of the story. What a let down that he's gone for good now (maybe). :(
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

This episode was... so anticlimactic and a letdown :(

after such a great first part, I expected a little more.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I don't understand why people don't like it, I thought it was fine :)
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

The Kings Daughter wrote:This episode...what a let down. :( My brother took a writing class and tells me often, if the problem is big, the solution should be bigger. I think that rather applies here. ;) Part one kept building up, and building up, and speculations and expectations were super high. And part two just went downhill.

Part One __________ Part Two
Con Artists!! ______ Just kidding.
Mitch is in trouble __ psht, he knew everything.
Comp virus! ______ not related. At all.
Connie's emotion __ Get over it the end. ;) Although I will confess, Whit's talk was the only part of this episode I liked.
Mystery kids solve__ complete misunderstanding.

And all to prove what, that Connie shouldn't have any regrets? o.O Very disappointed with this one. :( I voted 2/5 simply because Whit told a message that lots of people today need to hear. :)
Just like the Labyrinth...though I thought it was better executed here.

-- Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 pm --

Beautiful. Didn't love the ending, but the return of witty lines, Mitch, and Jacques Henri, along with the hilarious mystery-solving trio of Matthew, Penny, and Emily (reminded me of Harlow shows), heartbreaking performance from Connie, and wonderful scoring from John Campbell. The dialogue with Whit and Connie was one of my favorite Andre Stojka scenes, and Wooton did better in this episode (still upset over him trying to take advantage of unsuspecting receivers of Connie's email, seemed very out of character). For me, the only flaw was Mitch. I don't know, but for me, the acting seemed a little off.

Thoughts:
-I thought Connie and Mitch both agreed that it wasn't God's will for them to get married then? Not to get married at all? So there could've been a chance, but I think the writers just were looking for a way to calm down Connie/Mitch shippers. Mitch's return made sense in the context of the episode.
-This episode was hands-down the funniest episode this season. I actually enjoyed the Jones and Parker Detective Agency. Was this because they had a better case to solve, better dialogue, or a hilarious Penny assisting? I'm not sure, but it worked this time. I also liked this line: "I am here to make a...what do you call...CITIZEN'S ARREST!" "Citizen of what country?" Ten points to Kathy Buchanan/Paul McCusker! Wooton trying to eat healthier was somehow amusing, and the Maureen/Eugene kick was also funny.
-The dramatic scenes were executed wonderfully, although I don't think Mitch would have been that insensitive to keep saying things like "She's the best."
-Loved how the title also alluded to the old cast interacting with the new cast. This episode was not something blue, it was something true, and the cast did a great job as an ensemble in this one. Penny brings something new to Odyssey which feels refreshingly Odysseyian at the same time, and I'm glad that she's become a regular...but if she and Wooton get together as a couple, I WILL RETRACT THAT STATEMENT.
-Katie Leigh and Kimmy Roberson deserve Avery nods, and you could say the same for Andre Stojka and Dan Hagen, even though they had small roles.
-Whit's been playing the role of comforter all album...(Jason, Eugene and Katrina, the sweet old lady from Mistaken for Good, and Connie) and handling it with whit and wisdom...

Great episode. Odyssey is officially back, thanks to Album 55 and the writing. Hope Album 56 keeps Odyssey on an upward curve...now all we need is the return of pre-hiatus Wooton, character development for Wooton and Connie, and the knowledge of WHAT HAPPENED TO HAND UP AND HOW DID JASON GO FROM "RETIRING" TO BACK IN THE FIELD? My favorite episode of the season after Sgt. York.

95/100 A
5/5
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

The episode seemed rather pointless since it's just "Mitch comes back, breaks Connie's heart by marrying someone else, and leaves to marry Maureen." When we begged for Mitch to return, we were NOT asking for an official break-up. We were asking for them to get back together. I admit the plot-twists were awesome, but I really wish they had made Maureen actually be a criminal. Or at least draw it out for an album or two(Mitch keeps dating Maureen, while Connie and everyone at Whit's End considers her a criminal, and when Jason comes to Odyssey after "The Labyrinth" he proceeds to arrest her, then discover she is an FBI agent). It would make for a great cliffhanger at the end of an album. The Connie and Whit scene near the end was great, I admit that. It seems Andre Stoijka is finally starting to become the Whit we all know and love. Also, at the very end, when Mitch leaves Connie yellow tulips, I noticed a major slip-up on the part of the writer. It was not Mitch, but Rodney who gave Connie the yellow tulips. Mitch never knew about the yellow tulips!!! At the beginning, I was excited to see Mitch return, but was disappointed when the only reason he showed up was to break Connie's(and us fans') heart. It's a waste to give up the perfect man for Connie. To destroy our hopes for Connie and Mitch once was bad enough... but to do it again? I loved the plot twists, and was(quite literally) jumping up and down when Eugene, Wooton, Penny, Matthew and Emily discover that Maureen is a criminal, but was crushed when Mitch told Connie that she was an FBI agent. Overall I say, the plot twists were great, but finding out that there is no hope that Mitch and Connie will never get married was perfectly heartbreaking. :(
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I will admit that as I write this I have a monster of a headache, so bear with me if it does not make sense, but I do not want too much time to go buy without writing down my thoughts. I liked this episode as a follow up to Part 1. I am not a Connie/Mitch fan, so was not hoping for a romantic ending. I thought Wooton taking his role as the substitute groom seriously was hilarious. I loved the interaction between him and Connie, and I used to not be much of a Wooton fan. I think I read that Katie Leigh and Jess Harnell have worked together before and I think you could feel that "old" chemistry there. The only thing that bugged me was that I thought he was supposed to be dating Penny and was suprised she suggested him for the pictures. I loved Whit´s talk with Connie at the end and also Chris´wrap up for those fans that were hoping for a different ending. And while I liked this episode as a wrap up of part 1, I did not like at as the last episode of the album. I think Child´s Play should have follwed Mistaken for Good because they advance the "story of Odyssey" (Eugene and Katrina coping with infertility), followed by Something Old, Something New which takes place in Odyssey but other than confirming Connie´s current singleness (Still hoping for a serious positive relationship for her), does not really advance the town storyline. I think Sgt. York would have been a much better album conclusion. I can´t wait to get my CD album so I can upload it to the computer and rearrange the episodes to my liking. :-)

That being said, I think this album as a whole is one of the best since the relaunch. It would be a tough call to have to either choose this one or The Green Ring Conspiracy....

On to Album 56!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Reynard Muldoon wrote:we were NOT asking for an official break-up. We were asking for them to get back together.
The writers don't have to do what fans ask, they do what's best for the show, and Connie and Mitch not being together is best for the show.
Reynard Muldoon wrote: I noticed a major slip-up on the part of the writer. It was not Mitch, but Rodney who gave Connie the yellow tulips. Mitch never knew about the yellow tulips!!!
I'm sure Connie told Mitch about the flowers at some point that didn't air, Mitch probably even gave her flowers on a few occasions and we just never heard about it
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I did not even notice the tulips in this episode. Guess I have to listen again.

Ok, just listened again and did not hear anything about yellow tulips. Was it in Part 1 or 2? I was also struck by the thought that Odyssey is an awfully small town for the FBI to send anyone who has a past there in an undercover operation. It seems too risky from the start. I also did not remember Wooton knowing Mitch....but then I have not heard all of the Novacom series. I am starting to listen through the Connie/Mitch episodes listed on Odyssey Scoop. \:D/
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

When Eugene met Mitch they said they had met before. Do we know of any time that they would've?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

DanP740 wrote:When Eugene met Mitch they said they had met before. Do we know of any time that they would've?
o.O I hadn't even noticed that. \:D/ I double checked Mitch's records, and seemingly, there is no episode where both Will Ryans and Steve Burns appear together. Thus we all know now that Eugene is also FBI. :P

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Eugene didn't really leave Odyssey until after Mitch appeared. So they probably met off-air at some point before Eugene and Katrina left.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I hate I hate it
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I have mixed feelings about the episode, but overall, I have to give it a positive rating. They finally brought Mitch back, after 9 years of making us wait! I was ten back then and they told us he'd be gone for two years. By the time I hit 15, I gave up hope. Now days, anyone in the target age would have been three when Mitch was first on the show, (Wow I feel old) so I didn't think they'd ever bring him back in. I'm still not sure it was entirely necessary to bring him back, but personally, I'm glad anyway.

I never wanted Connie and Mitch to get married, even back then, so I'm actually pretty happy with the way things ended up. I think this was perfect. Connie finally has the closure she, and we as fans, needed. After years of wondering if they should have gotten together, here's our answer.

It was a valuable lesson, and one I needed to hear right now after finishing my first year of college and wondering if I went to the right school. The characters were great, everyone was well used. Mitch seemed a little too cold, but I think that's alright. If he was too nice, we'd all be even more upset that he and Connie don't end up together.

I have to give it a 3.6 out of 5.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Blitz wrote:I hate I hate it
I would have to agree. I'm now really sad and kinda "blah" Now it will be hard for me to listen to any episodes with the two of them together. augh ](*,)

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I see the connection between Connie and Mitch is very casual and Mitch doesn't have a problem with the past.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/