730: The Friend Formula

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What's your relationship with this ep?

5 stars: My best friend!
50%
4 stars: A good buddy
33%
3 stars: It's a frenemy.
17%
2 stars: Friend? More of an acquaintance.
No votes
1 star: I wish we never met!
No votes

Total votes: 12

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
730: The Friend Formula

Post by Peachey Keen »

More Jay Smouse!

Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

My favorite of the season so far, no doubt, loved the interactions between Gage Davenport (Riley), and Whit Hertford (Jay). Still I think Life Expectancy will top this.
Last edited by Skylerbuck on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

I really like this episode despite the easy to guess plot-line. One reason I like this episode is because we get to see a little of Jay's interests! Before now he was a just a bully that liked to get into people's business. Not even Rodney went this long without a peak into his personal life. I also like the introduction of another character. Compared with older episodes the modern episodes tend to have fewer youngsters imho.
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think there could be a start of some new storylines in this episode:
Riley trying to be a friend to Jay 

Barrett & Olivia's band
But I could be wrong and it was just a one time mention.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Peachey Keen wrote:I think there could be a start of some new storylines in this episode:
Riley trying to be a friend to Jay 

Barrett & Olivia's band
But I could be wrong and it was just a one time mention.

I agree with this, and both points are mentioned in the Oddcast review.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well, if nothing was done with The Cool Dogs, I doubt anything will happen with their band \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

My thoughts on this episode are as follows;

* I thought this episode was unique. We knew what was going on, while Barrett and Olivia didn't.
* I liked the spin with Jay trying to teach Riley to manipulate people and Whit turning them around to the INGs of friendship.
* This episode let us see how Jay thinks. There's a lot more to Jay than he lets on. I'm curious what his homelife is like.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. It just adds to the greatness of this season.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Marvin D. wrote:Well, if nothing was done with The Cool Dogs, I doubt anything will happen with their band \:D/
Man I can't stand that episode, and similarly I wasn't a fan of this episode. I have the episode a 3. I just wasn't entertained by the interactions of Riley and Jay.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

This episode wasn't my favorite, because of how predictable it was. It was like I was just waiting for the story to play out when I'd rather be listening and wondering how the story will play out. I was also disappointed to hear a little about the band and then it not have significant role in the storyline. I hope to hear more about the band in the future.
The one thing I really enjoyed about the episode was getting to hear how Jay thinks and reasons. He's a really smart guy and I was impressed by his reasoning. He has a ton of "bad guy" potential. \:D/
jane.suh09
Lurker

Post by jane.suh09 »

Dodn't like this episode much.
But, liked the new kid Ryly.
Was their another older episode similar to this ep?