737: The Pilot, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Did this episode

5 stars: It made my spirit soar!
27%
4 stars: It got pretty high in enjoyment.
45%
3 stars: An okay flight.
27%
2 stars: Come in for a landing. It wasn't that good.
No votes
1 star: A complete plane wreck!
No votes

Total votes: 11

Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
737: The Pilot, Part 1

Post by Peachey Keen »

We go overseas once again, courtesy of...!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Is it just me, or at 22:59 does it sound like Dr. Graham says, "Oh God, she's bleeding..."

That caught me off guard when I heard it on the radio, and it really strikes me as a misuse of God's name...
Last edited by Christian A. on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I don't know about that, per se. It could be like a pastor saying "Oh dear Lord God in Heaven help us." in a time of distress. I think it kind of depends on how you take it. And I don't believe that was the intention. However, I do feel that writing something that could even be questioned in that sort of stance shouldn't have been done to begin with. So I'm not sure. *shrugs*
merp.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Yeah. I hope that's all it was meant to be. But it does seem really out of place if it was. Usually, like you said, the character will say something more, like "Oh God, help us." But this just sounded like a casual exclamation. That's what bothers me.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Christian A. wrote:Yeah. I hope that's all it was meant to be. But it does seem really out of place if it was. Usually, like you said, the character will say something more, like "Oh God, help us." But this just sounded like a casual exclamation. That's what bothers me.

There is one episode with the Barclay kids, don´t remember which one now, but they say some things in exclamation that I was never allowed to say as a kid (I realize I am a dinosaur). It always catches me off guard. Sadly I think some things have become so common place in our society, that we really don´t think about what words are being said as much as we should. I had to listen to it twice, I caught the "oh god", but not the "she´s bleeding", I could not figure out what the panic was.

-- 21 Oct 2013 11:39 am --

Very interesting episode, but I admit I was hoping for a crossover with Operation Christmas child so we would have at least one holiday ep this album.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Nellie
Lurker

Post by Nellie »

Christian A. wrote:Is it just me, or at 22:59 does it sound like Dr. Graham says, "Oh God, she's bleeding..."

That caught me off guard when I heard it on the radio, and it really strikes me as a misuse of God's name...
I don't think she says that. I think she says, 'Step aside let me see her' then says the lady's name (Mya or whatever it is) and then 'unconscious, bleeding...'.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

You're right! Ava says, "Maya," and then Dr. Graham says, "Unconscious...bleeding out of the mouth..."

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I can sleep better now. =P
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I have to listen to it again, maybe with headphones once we get the album uploaded to the computer.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden