751: “The Ties That Bind, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

751: “The Ties That Bind, Part 1

Post by Pound Foolish »

http://whitsendblog.org/2014/06/the-tie ... 1384805335

Mmkay, here goes. I feel a bit odd, starting this topic. But well, here it's been approximately twenty days since the big news came. It's hard not to do just a bit of quick braggin' here. All that had to happen is one Tooite goes on a pilgrimage to the official Whit's End site, and low and behold. On the home page, it says, "Listen to the Ties that Bind, part 1 now!" And then trouble to put it on the ToO. And the Soda Shop jumped on it the day it was out. Yay, us Soda Shoppers!

Okay, I just HAD to say all that, but that is not the point, obviously. You guys enjoy. It's an excellent episode, very fun and packed with lots of fan-wishes granted. Plus, there's an unforgettably awesome line by Connie right at the beginning I won't give way. You'll know what I'm referring to when you hear it. :)
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I POSTED ABOUT IT HERE, YOU LOUSY SODA SHOPPER!!! :x

But seriously, though. Here's my review. Please note that it has been awhile since I listened to the episode, so this review is based upon my remembrance of it:
So far, I'm a bit disappointed at the predictability and corniness of what I've heard of this album. I mean, they couldn't think of a better way to re-introduce Jules than having her go up on stage at Comic-Connelsville? I think an awkward scene where she walks into Whit's End to find Connie would have been much better. Not to mention Buck. Connie said it well herself. Everybody knows that Eugene and Katrina will adopt him. And Whit's confrontation scene with Ms. Adelaide would have been much better if they had been just a little more specific about what they were talking about(I realize the whole young kids thing, but personally I think they see worse in the real world than a character on a radio show plainly saying that he opposes marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman.) I'm not saying they should just blatantly expose kids to the darker parts of the world, but they can't just let the album ride on vague terms like "God's design for family", and "tolerance". From what we heard, Whit could have been opposing any number of things. Hopefully that little issue will be resolved later on. As far as predictability, isn't it obvious that Jules is the Perilous Pen? >_>
Though Connie's line was pretty good xD
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm just going to make comments as I go through listening. ;)

Oh no, Part 1. No wonder they're releasing it.

"So..what's going on?" - Connie. Some things never change. ♥

Connie's 'predictable' comment. So good.

Is Connie going to have a kid in the next few years? Like, a replacement Connie? That would be weird.

[note to self] 14:59 pick up later.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Listen and review!

*thread merged*

* Post originally contained the poll "Rate Part 1"
Results:
5 comic books (no votes)
4 comic books (5 votes)
3 comic books (1 vote)
2 comic books (no votes)
1 comic book (no votes)
Last edited by Bren on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Wow! I haven't enjoyed a season opener like this for a long time. I'm very excited to see where all these different plot points are going to end up.
I laughed out loud when Connie said that everyone knew that Eugene & Katrina would adopt Buck. That is exactly what most of us said early on! :lol:
I was surprised how much Gunnar Sizemore sounds like Zach Callison. Although Gunnar's voice sounds almost as deep as Zach's right now. I wonder how the AIO crew thought he'd make Matthew sound younger.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Overall I thought this was a very strong season opener, and I'm really excited to see where its al headed. I do have a couple of things to say related to the "Let's Get Together" event, but they can wait until we see how that particular storyline plays out.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

I didn't like Comic Connelsville.