871: Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
raspberryripple
I'm fifteen, mom!

871: Icky and Kat and Balty and Bones

Post by raspberryripple »

I’m new here, and this is my first post, but did anybody enjoy this episode? It’s from Club Album Season Six, and I hated it! I thought the story was really boring and the singing was cringey AT BEST. I literally stopped listening at Buck’s terrible song, “The Prankster Gangster” (haw haw), and had to come back to it later to just finish the episode.
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

First of all, WELCOME!!!!! We're so glad you're here!!

I found this episode to be quite cringey as well. I WANTED to like it. I really did. But it just didn't vibe with me. As you mentioned, Buck's "Prankster Gangster" song in particular made me super uncomfortable, and I can't even put my finger on why. :bolt:
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I've heard it a couple of times and liked it better on the last listen. I love pretty much all AIO musicals (I don't have much affection for The Great Wishy Woz). I thought there was some great songs and great humor. It was nice that they let Wilson be a part of it.
Monica Stone
I've been here a bit

Post by Monica Stone »

You guys are hurting me. I loved this episode. :boohoo:
raspberryripple
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by raspberryripple »

ByeByeBrownie wrote:First of all, WELCOME!!!!! We're so glad you're here!!

I found this episode to be quite cringey as well. I WANTED to like it. I really did. But it just didn't vibe with me. As you mentioned, Buck's "Prankster Gangster" song in particular made me super uncomfortable, and I can't even put my finger on why. :bolt:
THANK you :D and I agree, I really wanted to like it, too. I like Buck’s character a lot (I’m on the fence about Jules), but it just felt corny. Lol
Peachey Keen wrote:I've heard it a couple of times and liked it better on the last listen. I love pretty much all AIO musicals (I don't have much affection for The Great Wishy Woz). I thought there was some great songs and great humor. It was nice that they let Wilson be a part of it.
I usually like the musical ones, too. My favorite was A Thankstaking Story.
Monica Stone wrote:You guys are hurting me. I loved this episode. :boohoo:
I’m so sorry #-o
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

Personally I listened to it on a free trial of the Adventures in odyssey club and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I disliked about it was that in the ending they made it obvious that Brom Van Brunt was the Headless Horseman, which isn't mentioned in the book. I also think my favorite song in it was probably the "Don't Lose Your Head" because it kinda reminded me of the Disney song from The Adventures of Ichabod infact the entire episode was similar to that excluding the ending. The downside to enjoying this episode is that it's not in an album.