784: Cycle of Fear

Official review thread

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

No votes
♣♣
No votes
♣♣♣
33%
♣♣♣♣
33%
♣♣♣♣♣
33%

Total votes: 9

Bren
Be positive!

784: Cycle of Fear

Post by Bren »

When Eva Parker reveals that she doesn't know how to ride a bike, the whole family pitches in to help her overcome her anxiety. Meanwhile, Olivia and Matthew must face fears of their own.
Rate and discuss!

I found that I identified with Matthew having experienced a situation like that recently.
Last edited by Bren on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

3.5, which I'll go ahead and round up to 4. A decent episode, but lacking in believability. All the same, I enjoyed it. I haven't listed to AIO in a long time. I had practically forgotten the new album was coming out, so thanks for the reminder, Bren!

One thing I did notice, is that Matthew's new voice is a much better match for Zach Callison! As one of the people who were incredibly disappointed by his replacement for 58 & 59, I'm very pleased with the change.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I believe this may very well be the best Parker family episode yet. Very relateable. This is probably one the few recent AIO episodes that had me laughing all the way through and laughing very hard in some places.

I actually listened to this episode and The Case of the Ball Cap Hero and never noticed that Gunnar was not playing Matthew until later. Although I thought he was just okay in 58 & 59, Justin sounds almost identical, but with more energy. Great replacement!

4 and 1/2 stars (rounded up to 5 stars for me in the poll)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This feels like a classic AIO episode: family-focused, and the parents, while mature, still have room to grow. The kids learn a lot, too, about biblical principals. It felt like one of the great ones with the Barclays!

The bike idea is also clever; it would be unusual for an adult to have to learn how to ride a bicycle. And my ears aren't that great apparently; I couldn't tell the voice for Matthew had changed. But then nowadays a lot of kids all sound the same to me... Or at least for the characters I don't care about very much.

I suppose it could have used some Whit or Connie, but whatever. 4/5
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: