801: The Feud Of Mason County

What did you guys think?

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Mariogeek
Tallying up

801: The Feud Of Mason County

Post by Mariogeek »

So... the Feud of Mason County. No idea how to post a poll.
I thought this episode has a great point, albeit in a completely unrealistic setting. I've seen the Beverly Hillbillies, I love the show, it doesn't belong in Odyssey. Great points about the Bible though, why you actually have to have the book, as a flipside of episodes like Hidden in My Heart.
Yo
Autumnal
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by Autumnal »

I thought the episode's message was really good. Everything else was either "meh," or "ugh," for me, though. It was kind of ridiculous, and the "two warring sides," thing has been done to death.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I just listened to this episode for the first time last week and had similar thoughts. It was kind of fun and had a good message, but it really didn't seem like a good fit for this time period and AIO. I couldn't forget how far-fetched the entire premise was. It felt like it would have been much better if it was supposed to be a story from the past or a parable-style story or something that wasn't supposed to be modern-day Odyssey (or not too far from Odyssey).
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

You guys have interesting points. I almost didn't post on this episode just because I didn't have a lot to say. But since a discussion is here, I might as well. Everyone talking like a hill-billy was annoying.

Yeah, they should have made it set when Whit was young, so like 1930s or something. So it wasn't bad, just very uninteresting. 2/5.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: