575: "Prisoners Of Fear II"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

So what'd you think?

5 Stars *****
39%
4 Stars ****
45%
3 Stars ***
13%
2 Stars **
No votes
1 Star *
3%

Total votes: 31

dancer02248
I've been working out

575: "Prisoners Of Fear II"

Post by dancer02248 »

What are your thoughts??

Can't post untill Saturday!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! The topic is offically unlocked and ready for all you eager posters!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Yay! Thanks, Catspaw!

I loved the episode. I gave it a four, only because I thought that it wasn't as good as last weeks (the first part). Something about it wasn't as good. But, it was still awesome enough to get four! :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Like I said last week, I will wait until I've heard all three parts to post a review. But, I really liked both of the first two eps! We'll have to see what happens next!!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:Like I said last week, I will wait until I've heard all three parts to post a review. But, I really liked both of the first two eps! We'll have to see what happens next!!
Did you rate it, EC?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yes. 4 stars.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I gave it five stars. If for no other reason, because Eugene actually had semi-geeky dialogue this time!!!!! That was cause for great celebration. I would write more, but I need to listen to the ep again.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:Yes. 4 stars.
Same here. I wonder who has voted, but didn't post... :-k
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

ohh..i voted, and didn't post...i think i gave it 4 stars, although i don't remmeber exactly.

i thiought it was a really good episode. i liked it a lot. i'll post more later, i've got to go now though!
map
Found

Post by map »

I gave it four stars. It would have had to knock my socks off to get a five. I really enjoyed it.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

This was a pretty good show like last weeks was. I somehow knew he would find out that his parents were dead. It would be too unrealistic to have them be alive. I am glad that we now know more about what happened when parents disappeared though. I can't wait until next weeks episode!
...I hate marquees.
Broadcast
Not as new

Post by Broadcast »

Episode Review: Episode 575: Prisoners of Fear, Part 2
Writer: Marshall Younger (#103)
Sound Designer: Gap Digital
Average ratings/reviews of members:4/5=80% (Last updated October 16th at 1:51pm)

Title: Prisoners of coincidental-‘Better-Late-Than-Evers’

Characters:
Eugene (#168)
Katrina (#30)

As in every 3-part episode, it would seem the middle one is, hopefully (in this case, at least), the more leisurely part. To be painfully honest, I’ve gotten confused what the storyline is. Is the point of this episode to deal with the village’s superstitious ways? Is it to find Eugene’s parents? Is it to set up the transmission? Or is it to get out of the jungle?

Come to think of it, I STILL don’t sense I am acquainted with much about the village, meaning I cannot possibly sympathize with them—but by the sound of it, I’m not sure how they’ll have time to deal with the problem while wrapping this show up tenderly in one 25 minute period.

Okay, I admit—I’m a tad bit disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I still believe this episode will be high on people’s favorite list, and that the acting is still terrific, the sound effects believable, and the music is more dramatic then what I’ve heard in seasons. However, do you recall in movies where the purpose is for finding a treasure, and even when the movie shows that the treasure hunters are no-where near the treasure, you still KNOW that they will eventually find it? If they didn’t, it WOULDN’T make a movie. But here, my heart fell when I heart that the father was dead. Oh sure, I wasn’t really expecting to hear from the mother. She didn’t seem to be the center of the episode as much as her husband was. All the attention was clearly going to him. However, I was certain that we’d hear from him no matter what had happened. Could he really be dead? I sincerely hope he isn’t.

After all, Eugene seems to be the unluckiest man when it comes to searching for dead relatives. It seems weird that Marshall Younger included that coincidental happening in Eugene’s life. Must I really refer back to "Last of a Long line"? Proceeding...

But, on the other hand, perhaps my worrying for next week and feeling saddened just as Eugene is, is the mark of a truly good episode. Maybe I have nothing to worry about, and this is simply a trick to make the listener feel something/

But that brings me once more to what I was saying at the beginning. How will they wrap everything up? I’m clearly expecting the village to be shown proof that their superstition was false—and, well, we’re nowhere near the village. By the sounds of it from hearing scenes for next week’s episode, Eugene gets put a away in a dungeon of some sort, and simply digs his way out…making that storyline (the one about escaping from captivity) really pathetic—and if they gain nothing from that little adventure, the whole thing will be, as I recently mentioned, useless.

As I finish this review, I’m dearly hoping for the sake of this episode that Eugene’s father is alive and well. Afterall, in the preview for next week, we have one new and unidentified voice. Perhaps I’m mistaken, but no one in the show had his voice yet, and he sounded quite old. Eugene’s father? Theirs hope.

The only amusing thing about this episode wasn’t in the actual episode itself. It was, believe it or not, Chris!
Chris wrote: But something tells me this adventure isn’t over yet”
I enjoy it when Chris pinpoints the obvious. :D

Well, we know the tradition—until next week!

Acting: 5/5
Story: 4/5
Use of Characters/dialogue: 3/5
Series Relevance: 4/5
Personal Enjoyement/Entertainement: 4/5

Total: 22/25= 80%= SCORE: VERY GOOD-

(Rating Grid:
0%=Poison
0-20%=Complete Failure
20-40%=Very Poor
40-60%=Poor
60-70%=Average
70-80%=Good
80-90%=Very Good
90-100%=Terrific
100%=Perfect
)

For Reviews with Simmilar Opinions and/or agreed by Author of this review, please refer to: ???
Last edited by Broadcast on Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

man Broadcast you do good reviews
i liked the episode
its kind of sad that parents die not to long afther they get there
i know this sounds stupid but i think that his dad might still be a live

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

crazyforjared wrote: i know this sounds stupid but i think that his dad might still be a live
Thats what im thinking too.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
crazyforjared wrote: i know this sounds stupid but i think that his dad might still be a live
I am hoping that he is still alive myself. I think it would be wonderful for Eugene to have at least one of his parents.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

This episode kind of bored me... it wasn't bad at all, and the acting was superb. It's just the middle episode... it's not the introduction, but it's not the climax, and it just landed on neutral ground with me (I don't dislike it, but I don't love it, either). I gave it 3 stars.

I, too, am not quite sure Leonard's dead. But that's just purely based on the preview from next week and, out of context, I could be inferring quite a bit (too much).

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
I think that they said he died, so they could trick Eugene, and in the end have both of them working for their evil scemes!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Me wrote:I gave it five stars. If for no other reason, because Eugene actually had semi-geeky dialogue this time!!!!!
I totally agree that Eugene is finally starting to sound like his old self again! \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

the worst episode i have ever heard i dont even think it can be worth one star :shame:
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

mr.whit wrote:the worst episode i have ever heard i dont even think it can be worth one star :shame:
You're not serious right? This was a great episode following the first. I do agree with Mandy that it is the middle and it lacks the excitement but I haven't seen Eugene act this way in a while so I liked it.