575: "Prisoners Of Fear II"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

So what'd you think?

5 Stars *****
39%
4 Stars ****
45%
3 Stars ***
13%
2 Stars **
No votes
1 Star *
3%

Total votes: 31

Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

All,

Thanks for the comments about AIOHQ. I appreciate the concern. :)

It is as Shadowpaw says. I'm trying to reduce the amount of time it takes me to update all the websites each week. While I really liked having the "digest" of all the reviews on AIOHQ, it just took up so much time to do it.

However, I do still like the idea of having a "summary" of all the reviews. I might still be able to do that and post it toward the end of the review thread on the TOO. Or perhaps someone else is interested in writing these up? I always felt a little odd doing them, since I'd often be giving a summary of what people thought of MY writing. Let me know.

I've also updated the October and November schedules on AIOHQ...trying to keep ahead.

All of this doesn't mean that I've lost interest in the AIO web community. Nothing of the sort! I'm just trying to spend some time doing things other than being attached to the computer. :)

Just so you know that I'm not spending my new free time doing nothing, I thought I should post a few photos of some of my activities over the past few months. Feel free to peruse, if you wish.

http://www.aiohq.com/articles/nathan.htm#photos

Again, thanks for the thoughts. Oh, and stay tuned this season. I think it's fair to say that the upcoming year is my favorite one since I started working on Odyssey.

Nathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the explanation! Very cool pics! All that mountain climbing and stuff does look better than sitting in front of a computer 16 hours a day. ;) Also, the SW pic was great! \:D/ Nothing wrong with being dedicated! ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:However, I do still like the idea of having a "summary" of all the reviews. I might still be able to do that and post it toward the end of the review thread on the TOO. Or perhaps someone else is interested in writing these up? I always felt a little odd doing them, since I'd often be giving a summary of what people thought of MY writing. Let me know.
Whether it was your writing or someone else's, I thought the 'summaries' were always very balanced and gave good insight into what fans though. You did a superb job with them.
Nathan Hoobler wrote:Oh, and stay tuned this season. I think it's fair to say that the upcoming year is my favorite one since I started working on Odyssey.
After hearing what I have thus far, I have no doubt.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Cool pics Nathan!

I must also agree with you and Jonathan. If this keeps up, this will be one of the most memorable years in the history of AIO.
map
Found

Post by map »

I'm excited about this season. I'm relatively new to listening to AIO. I listened to most of the Novacom shows on the radio, but the rest I've listened to from the albums. Now, I can hardly wait until the next new episode comes out.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

yeah
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Chandler wrote: I was disappointed with this second show. Like Broadcast, I had trouble figuring out the point. The transmitter seems long forgotten. Eugene and Katrina don't seem to pray or look to God for leading (just Eugene's vague "gut instinct"). They also don't seem to be witnessing to the tribe that they have a God more powerful than curses. It's more like, "We'll just try to find my dad or something and maybe you'll realize that curses are dumb to believe in." They meet up with Yousef but I can't understand the point of that either. We hear that Eugene's parents are dead, maybe as a way to close off the story in "Last in a Long Line" that they had disappeared. I'm not sure why this show was necessary then. Eugene already considered his parents dead. Now that he knows their fate, (I think) he's not going to feel any better about it. And we get to hear a tragic tale that, for now, seems to have no redeeming value. So, I hope the third show does a lot do dispel the points I’m bringing up.
Thank you. =D>

That is what I didn't like about the story and I, for some reason, could not recall it.

Where is God in all of this??
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

bad memory?
SManBeyond

Post by SManBeyond »

Where is God?

Implicit. An episode directed primarily for a Christian audience does not have to mention God's name or say "God is in control" during every conflict, nor do characters have to pray before anything to hear from God so that they can react. The latter is not Biblical (as illustrated in 1 Kings when David had to put Solomon on the throne), and to do so is to drag the episode into "preachy" territory and crash it.

Likewise, to have Eugene and Katrina evangelizing to the African people right now would be pointless given that they have not shown that the curse is fake yet, and given that they still have no relationship with the people yet. Once they have done both, they can share that more explicitly.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Wow! Looks like you have been doing alot, Nathan! Thanks for letting us know your there! \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOFan11 wrote:Wow! Looks like you have been doing alot, Nathan! Thanks for letting us know your there! \:D/
Ditto.^
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

same here
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Overall this was a good episode. It was well-written and the character development was excellent. I felt really bad for Eugene, however, having his grandfather die shortly before he could get to him, and now his Father? I feel really bad for Eugene, poor guy. But, I look foreward to seeing what happens in the third part of the episode. It's good to hear what happened to Eugene while away from Odyssey and I look foreward to hearing part 3! 4/5 stars.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

tomorrow well find out