576: "Prisoners of Fear III"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate Prisoners of Fear Pt. 3?

5 Stars
59%
4 Stars
35%
3 Stars
3%
2 Stars
3%
1 Star
No votes

Total votes: 34

AIOfan11
Younger than you

576: "Prisoners of Fear III"

Post by AIOfan11 »

Post your thoughts on this episode!

(If this is too early, let me know!)

Don't post till Saturday!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The big question last week was “How on Earth will Marshal Younger wrap everything up?” Of course, after Exit aired, I can’t see why he was doubted, but that’s not the point. And he didn’t disappoint. The two or three stories were connected quite well; the ‘curse’, Yosef, Eugene’s parents, the tower, etc. Ok, it was more like 5.

As is becoming the norm this season, the music, sound effects, music, acting, and music were fantastic (and the music was great^_^).

One big complaint I foresee people putting forward is that at the end, we find out Leonard is alive, but we don’t get to see/hear him. And that’s just fine with me. It doesn’t hurt to have loose ends in this series; it gives the writers material for later, and gives us something to look forward to. And I have no doubt those future episodes will be just as good.

I also kinda wished that we could’ve heard from that superstitious pilot again, but that’s ok.

And of course, there’s Katrina. As I’ve stated before, I’m still a little miffed that Pam Hayden was appearently permanently replaced, but AW is growing on me. She did pretty well this time around.

Another thing that stood out was Chris at the end. In recent years, her little scpeail was, well, disappointing. In this episode (as with the rest of the season), it was great.

All this to say, it appears that Prisoners of Fear will continue the tradition of epic 3-parters. And considering I’ve stopped hearing people talk about classic AIO in the midst of these terrific episodes leads me to the conclusion that we’ve entered another classic era. Well done.

5/5

-Jonathan
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Its 30 Minutes till saturday young man!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:Its 30 Minutes till saturday young man!
Assuming you're still in the state I think you are, let's go by your time since it's already Sat there.

-Jonathan
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

*ahem* It's 25 minutes until Saturday, young man!
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jonathan wrote:
Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:Its 30 Minutes till saturday young man!
Assuming you're still in the state I think you are, let's go by your time since it's already Sat there.

-Jonathan
Hmmm...maybe im mistaken...*has always wondered about this* but does the new day start at 12 or 1?

Sonuna Hydris wrote:*ahem* It's 25 minutes until Saturday, young man!
Yes Maam!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shoot, I can't use the time excuse with you.....

Catspaw unlocked the thread early! *attempting to displace blame*
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It's 2 hours and 21 minutes until Sat. here....

I'll give this one a 4.75 (why didn't I round up and vote 5 instead of four? ](*,) ). Jolly good ep, and I can't wait to see what next week brings.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Well it's Saturday on the East Coast (but since Jonathan isn't on the east coast I still remain curious)

I love the fact that Leonard is alive with no immediate plan to bring him back (he could come back anytime!!!) Odyssey writers haven't done this since Blackaard :D (unless you count Jack Allen ;))
Jonathan wrote:And of course, there’s Katrina. As I’ve stated before, I’m still a little miffed that Pam Hayden was appearently permanently replaced, but AW is growing on me. She did pretty well this time around.
I completely agree, I used to be totally against this "new" Katrina but Audrey is really growing on me and I think I might be able to get used to Katrina Meltsner (whereas I will never get used to Paul Herlinger as Whit :()

I too, think that Odyssey just might be coming out with a fantastic Album/Season

Good start staff!!!
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

STRYPER wrote:Well it's Saturday on the East Coast (but since Jonathan isn't on the east coast I still remain curious)
Curious about what?
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Why you weren't patient enough to wait until it was Saturday in YOUR OWN TIME ZONE!!!

It was Saturday in England 7 hours ago :roll:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

While in some respects I reviewed I did more of a chronicling of Eugene's search for his family while reviewing this episode. Als because I'm to lazy to copy and paste click here for my observations.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

i loved it twice as much as both other episodes together
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

This was over all a great way to wrap up the three-parter. It answered all my questions about the curse and Lenard Meltsner. It's great to have Eugene back in AIO and the new Katrina Is getting better, although she still doesn't seem quite like the old one yet, but I hope that will change.
...I hate marquees.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

This was a great ep. I hope that Eugene's dad is really alive!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Eugenefan23 wrote:This was a great ep. I hope that Eugene's dad is really alive!
Ditto.^ 5 stars!! =D>
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Such a good episode. I only gave it 4 stars though.
map
Found

Post by map »

I too, really liked this one. I love the fact that Eugene's dad could still be alived. It definately keeps you listening! Great Job!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

im keeping my eyes open
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

First I loved the ep. and give it a five. I also have to say I was right ;) with my assumption that Eugene's dad was still alive. \:D/

Second, I have a clarifying question. Did Mr. MEltsner specifically request Eugene and Katrina for this project via the mission's board, or were they randomly chosen by the board?

*if* they were chosen specifically by L.m. Then that means a couple of interesting things. 1. He has been folowing Eugene's life closely enough to know that he is a beleiver, AND that he married KAtarina. 2. He is most likely a believer also.

These both raise the question as to *why* L.M. never let Eugene know he was there, but also who DID know and never told him? Unlesss L.M. is a citizen of Odyssey, and then it just get's too weird and my imagination goes into overdrive.

I could be, and probably am on my speculative answers to my question up there, but if anyone has an answer, let me know. Thanks

JF
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.