581: "A Christmas Conundrum"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many Christmas tree ornaments does this ep get?

5 - it's better than my favourite Christmas tree angel!
25%
4 - it was wonderful, though not as cool as my Winnie-the-Pooh ornament!
53%
3 - it was okay, kind of like my old pine cone ornaments
19%
2 - my old preschool handprint ornaments are better!
No votes
1 - too bad to even compare to my beloved Christmas tree ornaments!
3%

Total votes: 36

Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'm listening to it know, but so far I love it! \:D/
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

w00t! I listened to it! (finally!) and thought it was really great! A wondrous Christmas ep! :D
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I loved it! It was predictable, but I still enjoyed the anticpation, waiting for everyone to find out all their misunderstandings. And i was very pleased at the end with the "moral of the story" and how each character handled that. And then the scene with Grady was particularly touching. This episode was a five for me.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

i thought it was funny, but i've heard the general story hundreds of times already. on other shows, for instance, and on tv, and on the computer (little forwarded emails) of course odyssey made it the best, but i knew what was going to happen right away.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Three words: Tom was classic! One of Walker's best performances^_^

As for the rest of the episode, I will say I was pleasently surprised. I mean, I was expecting something a lot more, well, goofy. Considering the name of the ep and who wrote it, and all that. But I liked it. There were still a few things I could've done without (like the 5 legged dog and Connie's hyperfentaliting at the beggining of the ep), but all in all, it was good. We weren't overburdened with music and dialogue and plot drove the episode.

3.5/5

And just in case anyone is wondering why I haven't been dishing out my normal style of reviews it is b/c I just got done writing a ton of papers for school, and the idea of writing anything right now gives me a headache-_-;
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I liked this one, but for some reason it was missing SOMETHING...like Broadcast said, the happy, cheery, always Christmas-y spirit that usually is there in the best eps.

I liked the last bit, about Christmas being about a gift we could never 'pay back'. It's so true, and I give this one 4 ornaments out of 5! :-D
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

My favorite episodes are all christmas ones. This one is definately going on my list. It seemed like an old episode...very classic, but it was strange that katrina was missing.

I gave this one 4 stars. I loved the humor
~Nikki~

My favorite bible verse:
"If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell." Matthew 5:29
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

frogalwyz wrote:My favorite episodes are all christmas ones. This one is definately going on my list. It seemed like an old episode...very classic, but it was strange that katrina was missing.

I gave this one 4 stars. I loved the humor
Welcome back! :D I've missed you. :hug:
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Reviews from AIOHQ

Review by Nathan, age 17
Rating: 3
Very good. excelent storyline, but once again the actors seemed dull.
For example half the time eugene mumbled words that were almost impossible to make out. Whit sounded dry and annoyed and tom and bart sounded almost exactly the same. The episode also could've used some more characters. All in all it was a cool ep that I will listen to again.

Review by Lydia, age 17
Rating: 3 1/2
Although it was pretty good, why was Eugene at the exchange and Katrina and Bernard were not, after all Eugene no longer works at Whit's End.

Review by Robin, age 17
Christmas is Odyssey is never simple! A bit predectable, but hey...it's good.

Review by Melodie, age 12
Rating: 3
An okay episode, but a bit too silly.

Review by Rick Monson, age 27
Rating: 4
This was probably the most natural take-me-back to Odyssey episode I have heard in a long time. I really believe it was the characters at their finest with Whit bringing it all home to the heart. It was very funny and light hearted and had a very nice ending with Eugene and Grady. Only thing that was missing was Wooton and Bernard. It was nice to hear Bart Rathbone on the show again even if it was just for a moment. Great writing, directing, and sound. It was a classic episode. Very timeless.

Review by Ruthie, age 13
It reminded me of "Truth, Trivia and 'Trina"; NEVER ASSUME!! I thought it was funny, and it seemed a lot like the "old" episodes. All in all, I thought it was pretty good!
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Good episode overall, except that I was very disappointed :sick: that Katrina wasn't included in such an important Christmas tradition. I hope there's a good reason, like maybe she's feeling under-the-weather because of a pregnancy! That would be soooooooo cool if Eugene and Katrina were expecting a kid! \:D/ But if she just wasn't there for an unexplainable reason, I think that makes the show unrealistic. We heard from Katrina anytime she visited Odyssey before marrying Eugene; we shouldn't let her character drop into near-oblivion now that they're husband and wife. Lately we've heard a lot about Eugene on the job, and it makes sense that Katrina wasn't in those episodes; most women don't accompany their husbands to work (at least not in the couples I know :anxious: ). But to celebrate the most important holiday of the year with Eugene and just mention Katrina in passing while he goes off to meet his friends--well, let's just say that unless Katrina had a good reason she couldn't come, Eugene needs to learn quite a bit about the proper way for a husband to treat his wife.

On the plus side, I really liked the scene where Bart sold merchandise at a higher price than suggested. :lol: He's something else, isn't he? (Now I just have to figure out what this "something else" is!)

I'm also glad to hear Connie got a new car. I remember waaaaay back in the day, when June Kendall got that promotion at work in "With a Little Help From My Friends," and Connie was so excited about her mom being able to afford a new car because the old car would be passed down to Connie, meaning Connie could quit driving her "old klunker" around town. She was quite dissapointed when June lost the promotion (sorry for June and herself). I wonder if she continued driving the "old klunker" until now...that would be a long time to keep one vehicle, but hey--at least she's got a nicer one now! \:D/

I liked the new perspective Eugene gave on the wisemen's gifts for Jesus. Like others here have observed, he's right on target by saying the material gifts they gave to Jesus were expensive in man's eyes, yet really nothing in God's eyes. God looks on the heart of the giver, not on the value of the gift, which is why their gifts must have meant so much to Him! Kudos to Eugene--and to Kathy Buchanan--for showing us this very important truth! O:) =D> \:D/ =D> O:)
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Rose
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Rose »

I loved it, simply because Connie and Eugene acted like they always did--bickering with each other
Rose
With great power comes great responsibility.

It is good to praise the Lord, and make
music to your name, Yahweh Most High.