567: "Two Friends and a Truck"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "Two Friends and a Truck"?

5 Stars - A new favorite episode!
46%
4 Stars - Enjoyable but seemed to lack something
38%
3 Stars - A satisfactory episode
12%
2 Stars - It reminded me of an artificially-induced pine scent
2%
1 Star - This episode mutilated my respect for AIO
2%

Total votes: 50

Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:-k I think what she means is this.
Matt. 6:14 "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Matt. 6:15 "But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote::-k I think what she means is this.
Matt. 6:14 "For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
Matt. 6:15 "But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.
Tis the decent version.

Rachelavonlea, please stop being rude. I've seen a lot of that lately from you.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

rachelavonlea wrote:Read "Our Father" again and get to the part where Jesus talks about forgiving debts/transgressions, then post again, K?
Well, pardon me. I stand corrected. :-s What I meant to say was this: how can we rightfully take for granted the grace and forgiveness God has shown toward us when we do not show that same mercy toward others? Furthermore, how can we expect mercy from others when we don't show it to them?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

My review can be found at Eugene Forever now.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

rachelavonlea wrote:
How can we expect God to forgive us if we won't forgive others?
That’s just it, we are forgiven. Totally. Its not a conditional thing.
Read "Our Father" again and get to the part where Jesus talks about forgiving debts/transgressions, then post again, K?
Dear Rachel I have read the prayer. But then I read this: Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Is the Bible contridicting its self? I don't think so. The prayer given the deciples was for the Kingdom program.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So we don't actually have to forgive people because of Colossians 2:13? :-s
Christian Cowgirl

Chandler wrote:So we don't actually have to forgive people because of Colossians 2:13? :-s
That wasn't my point. Of course we are to forgive but I meant that we are already fully forgiven by Christ.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

So technically we don't have to forgive even if God thinks it's a good idea. :anxious:

:-k I'll have to think about that one.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I loved the episode. It had a great moral lesson, and i love having eugene back. especially with him and bernard together-they are so funny!! i agree with what everyone said about classic odyssey coming back.
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I thought it was a very enjoyable episode, a worthy way to have Eugene return to Odyssey. I thought that Eugene said some pretty funny things when Bernard was sarcastic with him and Eugene took him serious. It now appears that, because he buys a house, that Eugene will be here to stay for awhile! 3/5 stars.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Chandler wrote:So technically we don't have to forgive even if God thinks it's a good idea. :anxious:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "have to." It's not something we have to do to earn our way to heaven. That's all been paid in full by Jesus Christ's sacrifice.

I'm surprised there is disagreement about this.

Jeremy
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Like most of you, I loved the 'classic' feel! It WAS Odyssey! :D
I'm an Odyssey enthusiast!
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Christian Cowgirl

Jeremy wrote:
Chandler wrote:So technically we don't have to forgive even if God thinks it's a good idea. :anxious:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "have to." It's not something we have to do to earn our way to heaven. That's all been paid in full by Jesus Christ's sacrifice.

I'm surprised there is disagreement about this.

Jeremy
I don't think theres so much disagreement as misunderstanding. In reference to the Lords Prayer, "for give us in the same way we forgive others" (or somthing like that) That was true for the Jewish believers then but as I see it under grace we are compleatly forgiven and we forgive others but its not like thats required or Christ won't forgive us. Does that make any sence at all!?
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Matthew 18:21-35:

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[f]

"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

It was a pretty good show. Not perfect, but pretty good. You can read my full review here.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

All I know is I can't rest easy unless I forgive. God gave me the grace to forgive someone for the way she acted---the jealousy I felt meant that I also had to get God's forgiveness. :pray:
I believe that if you don't forgive the person who has wronged you, then you are not acting in a way that is pleasing to God. However, you are still a christian, your still going to heaven. But when I do wrong, until I put it right, I don't feel I want to go and face him right then! :bolt:
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I just noticed Nathan Hoobler is unemployed. LOL :D
Priscilla

<><
Jeremy Cartwood
Animatronic

Post by Jeremy Cartwood »

Quick note... How many people noticed this: After Bernard said, "Bells, and whistles", then next sound you hear is the Whit's End bell and Eugene whistling!
Christian Cowgirl

Nathan Hoobler wrote:Matthew 18:21-35:

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[f]

"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."
Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

"Two Friends and a Truck" was an awesome episode, I loved it. :D It was interesting how the prices rose so high... and yet Bernard chose to cover up his deeds. Eugene didn't even think he damaged his car at all until Bernard told him, funny.
Quick note... How many people noticed this: After Bernard said, "Bells, and whistles", then next sound you hear is the Whit's End bell and Eugene whistling!
Hmm, haven't noticed it before, how intruiging. Must listen again if Oneplace has it on...
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~