627: Life, in the Third Person - Part 2

What did you think?

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars do you rate this episode?

63%
33%
4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 24

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

627: Life, in the Third Person - Part 2

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So...how did you like the second part? What's your rating?

Discuss! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I thought this was an excellent conclusion to Part I. The scene with Mandy and Connie in the hospital was pretty sad, with Mandy realizing the harm in cutting herself off from her family, but I enjoyed hearing Connie try to comfort her. I also enjoyed hearing David confront his dad with what he was feeling. I am glad the Straussberg parents got back together, but I appreciated the fact that Mandy and David weren’t praying for their parents to get back together, but for trust in God.

I loved David’s line, “Okay, you little faker! I bet it wasn’t even a car…you got knocked down by a kid on a tricycle!” :lol: I did think that the ending came together too quickly, with Mandy’s cast coming off, and her parents doing great. That seemed a bit too simple. And I really would have wanted to hear a scene with Mandy and her father reuniting. But overall, I greatly enjoyed this episode.

Now that the storyarc with Mandy and her parents has ended, I don't think the Straussberg parents will be appearing anymore. Perhaps they might be briefly mentioned, but they probably won't be present. I'm sad to see them go, because I did enjoy hearing from them, even if it was only for a short while.
Last edited by H Tide on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I liked these two. One of the best things about this episode was that David's Dad confronted him about his attitude, and found out what he was thinking. This is the most I've appreciated David's presence since his return.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I thought it was good. David was getting on my nerves (as usual). But it was really good. I gave it a 4. Just because I think they could have done more at the end too. That sure was quick. I would have liked more about it all.
But all in all, not bad. Can't wait for more. I've liked it better then the other albums. But...
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I thouht it was well made, and give it 4 stars. I would have liked the ending to have been longer, but I guess they made the ending pretty quick so that they could kind of bring Mandy's story to a close.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I really enjoyed these episodes and am so glad Mandy's parents got back together. My mother and I were talking about this the other day and I mentioned to her that several people on this board seemed to think that in order for Mandy's story to be real to life the parents should not get back together. My mother pointed out that, yes, there are many children who's parents are divorced, but what kind of example are these children going to have to follow in their own marriages? They need to realize these are the things that can be done to prevent my marriage from turning out like my parents' marriage. If we do the things that the Straussburgs have done now that they should have been doing all along then hopefully divorce won't even be an option.

I also am really glad that Paul McCusker brought up the issue that has bothered me for a long time. Why do these couples seem to think that as soon as I don't get my way I'm going to divorce this person. How can these people have a good relationship with God and purposely back out of their legal, binding committment before Him? I realize that there are some people whose spouse just ups and leaves and divorces them without their consent. A woman in my church had that happen to her. She told my mother that she never even received divorce papers. These are not the people I'm referring to. The ones I'm referring to are the people that say "It just didn't work out. We still love each other, but can't live together." What?!!!! I don't walk out on my church or my job just because I have differences with some fellow church member or co-worker. Even if you think the other person is selfish you need to stick with them. Is it easy? No way; but you have to keep going back, saying I'm sorry, and try, try again and again and again. Look at Christ's love for the church or Hosea. Sure Hosea's wife treated him terribly. She kept leaving him, but did he say, "That's it. Two can play at this game." Nope. He kept bringing her back and kept loving her as Christ loves the church. Boy, I'm on a soap box here. I'd better be quiet. Please note that I'm not talking to any particular person on this board. These are my feeling in general that I'm venting here.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I really enjoyed both of these episodes. David was annoying, but I am very glad that Mandy's parents are getting back together. 4/5
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

I thought thease were really good. After the first one I thought something major was going to happen to Mandy so I was worried. I loved David's conversation with his father on the plain. It was very moving and from the heart. It was nice to see Connie help Mandy knowing that Connie herself went through the very same thing years ago. Like a full circle.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I have to say that I really liked the 2 episodes. But I did give the first episode a 5 star while this one a 4. I thought it was gonna be a three parter, not a two parter. I guess the "third person" clicked in my brain that it would be 3 episodes. Yeah, it was a nice conclusion to Mandy's problems with her parent's possible divorce. Overall, the 2 episodes were very good, and I'm a fan. Well, an AIOfan. lol. (couldn't resist)
I do what I do.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

So this is the end of the Mandy arc. The parental separation issue was tastefully handled. Even though many impending separations don't end happily, kids can still identify, especially with the episodes that end on low notes like Only by His Grace.
Candy Connell
Zero Wing.
Zero Wing.

Post by Candy Connell »

I really liked this episode, and I also liked the fact that her parents realized how ridiculous they were being. However, I would've liked if they hadn't skipped ahead to when everything was fine and dandy. It takes time to help restore relationships, and it seemed like once they got back together, everything was easy (which is not usually the case).
But, I did really like the episode and how the parents asked Mandy and David's opinions. :D