587: "Bringing Up Dads"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "Bringing Up Dads"?

Awesome episode -- 5 stars
11%
Great episode -- 4 stars
19%
Good episode -- 3 stars
47%
Ok episode -- 2 stars
8%
Bad episode -- 1 star
14%

Total votes: 36

Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

Although It was an interesting episode, I can't relate with it at all, for all I'm eleven. My dad is cool. He's into car racing, cycling, jogging, he used to love football.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I don't get why ya'll DON'T like it! I enjoyed it. Certainly, it isn't the best episode out there but I really thought that it was a subject that needed to be discussed. I know a lot of ya'll remember the Barclay's (as do I) but a lot of people are probably new to AIO and would not think back to that episode. Sometimes they need to re-do a theme in a slightly different way to get the same message across without it being an old episode. It was well written and though I know a lot of ya'll DON'T struggle with embarassing parents a lot of people do! I don't all the time, just sometimes, but it really made me think about what great parents I have and how I wouldn't want it any different than it is.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Argyle Ninja
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Argyle Ninja »

I gave it a high rating because it was a good episode without hope of a saga. It'd be nice to just listen to plain old slices of life.
Not that frog, Styles. That's a good frog.
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

I liked it. Tamika sounded real, her dad sounded real.... the only thing that pushed it was the hot dog cart thing, and even that was handled well.

I really got choked up at the end, when Tamika's thanking her dad, even though (she thinks) he's not there. Their conversation in the car on the way home reminded me of me and my dad, even though he doesn't usually embarrass me that much.

Funniest line:

"You parked it in the DRIVEWAY?"
"I couldn't park it in the street, Bart would start selling tickets." :lol:
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Fan Of AIO
Not as new

Post by Fan Of AIO »

I enjoyed this episode for the following reasons...

1. I like the character of Gwen. (she is a young person with a heart))

2. I liked the scene where Tamica and Ed talk in the car after the banquit. (very emotional)

3. I enjoyed the use of the "Andrew Sisters". I suppose this is because I am older and know of this fourties girl group that this take-off refers to. (It was quite funny).

4. I enjoy any episode with Ed and Elaine. I think the two actors have great chemestry.