591: "Switch!"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate "Switch?"

5 Stars
14%
4 Stars
46%
3 Stars
37%
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
3%

Total votes: 35

AIOfan11
Younger than you

591: "Switch!"

Post by AIOfan11 »

Post your reviews here! \:D/
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

I thought the episode was pretty interesting, but comparitively to other episodes, nothing special. It was creative, but still seemed somewhat cookie-cutter to me. And, I've already expressed how sick I am of Washington episodes...
- Sean
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

As it was the first AIO ep I heard in two weeks...I loved it. :D
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

I loved it cause i love the Washingtons.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

AIOaddict1988 wrote:I thought the episode was pretty interesting, but comparitively to other episodes, nothing special. It was creative, but still seemed somewhat cookie-cutter to me. And, I've already expressed how sick I am of Washington episodes...
He summed it up pretty well. I voted a 3.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

It was good. It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't bad at all. Average.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I liked it. I thought that it was pretty hilarious! Whit's different characters were awesome! :lol: It teaches a pretty good lesson. The part way at the end, when Marvin quotes John 3:16 was really great. 4/5 stars.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I enjoyed this episode! \:D/ I liked all of Whit's different characters, and it was fun. When it first started, I wasn't impressed - I heard the first couple minutes and had decided that it was a remade Barclay ep. However, it didn't take long before I decided that a similar theme was done quite differently, and by the end I never would have suggested a direction correlation between "Switch" and "A Good and Faithful Steward" (or something like that). I liked Mr. Jenkins - he was amusing. For those of you bad people who don't listen after Chris starts talking, you missed some good times at the end! \:D/
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I thought it was very funny. I got up at 8:30 to listen to it, and fell asleep, dreaming I was listening to it. I had a dream that it was about proper money use and tithing, and that I (nor anybody else) liked it. So apparently I picked up some of it while asleep, but not very much. It had several good jokes and made me laugh, particularly Whit's various accents. He's a talented man, he is. :D
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

I like the Washingtons and all, it's just whenever I hear one of the eps I get the feeling their trying to replace the Barcleys with them. And, no offence to the Washingtons, I kinda liked the Barcleys better. :anxious:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

I thought it was far-fetched and lacking in a spiritual lesson (there was no references to God or spiritual content until the wrap-up). It also did not feel original at all. 2.5/5.

Dave
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I thought it was far-fetched and lacking in a spiritual lesson (there was no references to God or spiritual content until the wrap-up). It also did not feel original at all. 2.5/5.
Eh, I disagree. I don't think the lesson was necessarily tied to a specific Biblical verse or passage (although I'm sure there are several that relate to the episode's theme), but I definitely recognized and appreciated the underlying values. While the story may not have been particularly original, I think it included enough "extras" that made the episode fresh and enjoyable. Hearing Whit play the different characters was priceless. Haha. When he and Marvin switched places, it was that much more amusing for those who know AIO history. I rather enjoyed Marvin's laughable and unsuccessful attempt to play the role of Mr. Whittaker. :D

This was classic AIO, something which I haven't heard in a while. I give it 5 stars.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Aravis
OK

Post by Aravis »

I liked it ok, but there are other episodes that I like better. I enjoyed the changes in Whit's character though.

-Aravis-
*Credit for my set goes to Kyla @ www.craftychicklet.com*
He will give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~Psalm 91:11 KJV
click here to go to "The Tanglewoods!"
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm going to echo a lot of what Catspaw said. When this started, I was honestly expecting a lot of foolishness that would appeal to an 8 yr old and not me. I was glad to be wrong on this one. The only thing I found annoying was Tamika (I think it was her) continually complaining about 'these kids'. But even still, it wasn't that bad.

I absolutely loved Whit in this ep. He was downright halirous most of the time, his lines were perfectly delivered, I loved the changes in his voice. Not to mention how he was willing to help teach kids a lesson but wasn't overbearing. His role was perfect.

Overall a lot better then I expected; 4 stars.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I liked it. AFter a minute I thought of the episode where I think Erica wants to be an adult and goes into the room of consequence. BUt then I realized it wasn't at all like that. I'm not sure if I thought of "A Good and Faithfull Steward" or not but it wasn't like that at all. By the first comercial I knew it was going to be a hilarious show (and my family did too!) I love the Washingtons. I liked this one a lot because it was funny...it seems the most funny ones are with the Washingtons (Sunday Morning Scramble for example) I just don't understand you people who didn't like it :anxious: It definatly had more spiritual lessons then Novacom for example. Not dissing Novacom or anything.

All in all, another wonderful show \:D/

:thewave:

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote: Hearing Whit play the different characters was priceless. Haha. When he and Marvin switched places, it was that much more amusing for those who know AIO history. I rather enjoyed Marvin's laughable and unsuccessful attempt to play the role of Mr. Whittaker. :D
Whit's voices almost made me feel like I could pretend that Hal Smith was still alive. :)

I loved the tone of Marvin's voice at the end when he quoted John 3:16 to Whit! :lol: It was too funny. That was a great scene.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

By the way, just wanted to let all of you know that the bonus feature on Album 46 will be an episode commentary on..."Switch!" With Marshal Younger, John Fornof, and Jonathan Crowe.

Nathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:By the way, just wanted to let all of you know that the bonus feature on Album 46 will be an episode commentary on..."Switch!" With Marshal Younger, John Fornof, and Jonathan Crowe.

Nathan
Cool! \:D/ That will really be interesting to here!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Nathan Hoobler wrote:By the way, just wanted to let all of you know that the bonus feature on Album 46 will be an episode commentary on..."Switch!" With Marshal Younger, John Fornof, and Jonathan Crowe.

Nathan
Are you going to post it on the ToO? :pray:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

NatetheGreat wrote:

Nathan
Are you going to post it on the ToO? :pray:
I doubt he will. You'll probably have to buy the album to hear it. :)

Dave