592: "Now More Than Ever"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of Now More Than Ever?

5 Stars *****
57%
4 Stars ****
35%
3 Stars ***
4%
2 Stars **
No votes
1 Star *
4%

Total votes: 51

Emily Winfield
29K to go!

Post by Emily Winfield »

*sigh* I thought this acting like every other part of this story was utterly amazing....they prtrayed everything so...perfectly. I think that David was very rude, but it opens up more possible lessons about the "new crowd" he is hanging around with. oh! the music was really good! --Back to David, is his voice different? It sounded really different....did they change actors?
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

David did sound different to me. I don't know if it's a different actor, but it can sorta be explained that the character is a lot older then when we last heard him.

And your post reminds me, the music. It was the first time in a while that the music was perfect; it was a compliment to the scene, instead of running the pace. It affected us, but it never seemed out of place. I was impressed with that aspect of the show.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

It's times like this you wish there was an Adventures in Odyssey website that contained information about actors :(.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shadowpaw wrote:It's times like this you wish there was an Adventures in Odyssey website that contained information about actors :(.
heh, very funny.

http://www.aiosf.com/characters_index.p ... =1264#1264
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Robbie Rist. He didn't really sound anything like the little David in Tornado at all, but he is quite a bit older now, so that allows for voice changes. :yes:

I just now realized that I never posted my review of the show. I thought the show was good, and maybe one of the first shows that really hit me emotionally. :anxious: I didn't cry, but was pretty close to crying at the very end with Mandy crying...:mecry:

It somewhat bothered me that someone who could be going through a divorce could listen to this episode, and it be hard for them to get through. Is this AIOs place? I don't know. :anxious:
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Jonathan wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:It's times like this you wish there was an Adventures in Odyssey website that contained information about actors :(.
heh, very funny.

Hahaha i think she ment its time like this i wish the official website had info on the actors.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Liz_Horton wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
heh, very funny.

Hahaha i think she ment its time like this i wish the official website had info on the actors.
Shadowpaw is a he. :anxious:

:wink:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Shadowpaw is a he.
AIOFan11 wrote:It somewhat bothered me that someone who could be going through a divorce could listen to this episode, and it be hard for them to get through. Is this AIOs place? I don't know. :anxious:
That depends on how they handle the storyline in the furture. But considering that they've done shows on a variety of touch or controversial topics, I'm not too worried that it might not be their place.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Jonathan wrote:
AIOFan11 wrote:It somewhat bothered me that someone who could be going through a divorce could listen to this episode, and it be hard for them to get through. Is this AIOs place? I don't know. :anxious:
That depends on how they handle the storyline in the furture. But considering that they've done shows on a variety of touch or controversial topics, I'm not too worried that it might not be their place.
Yes. AIO had never really dealt with divorce in this light, or way. Before it was just June Kendall and Connie's struggle with her dad, Bill Kendall. It wasn't brought up for a whole show (well, that one with Bill, and his "new" wife...yeah, well different. O:), like this one was, and in this context. If I was going through my parents divorcing I don't think I would have made it through the show. :anxious:
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i guessed that was what was going to happen since the beging so i wasn't surprised. I gave it a 4
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Robbie RIST played David ?? Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch ?
he's 42 years old. WOW !!

http://imdb.com/name/nm0728411/
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Robbie RIST played David ?? Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch ?

*appreciates that NPCs are playing a more active role in the community and begins to wonder if they're either getting a lot smarter or David Griffin (sp?) is controlling Jimmy Barclay*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Citrus Basil wrote:
Jimmy Barclay wrote:Robbie RIST played David ?? Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch ?

*appreciates that NPCs are playing a more active role in the community and begins to wonder if they're either getting a lot smarter or David Griffin (sp?) is controlling Jimmy Barclay*
The Jimmy Barclay you are referring to (in the post above yours) is not Jimmy the NPC, but James M from the TH
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Yeah, I just saw that! It totally shocked me!

And did you see his picture on AIOSF?

:shock:

I must say that was great acting!

Jeremy
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Drat, missed another new episode. And from what everyone's saying, it sounds great... ah well, I hope it comes up on Oneplace again soon.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It should still be up, Elf. Check the links I posted earlier this week. http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=8544
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Thanks, Me. ^_^

I just finished listening to it. The episode was...yes, amazing. The script, the acting, the music... I came near the point of tears a couple of times. I gave it 5 stars.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

This ep is the first new one I've listened to in several weeks. I thought it was a great episode...very sad, though. And David's older voice kinda annoyed me, but I was still glad to hear from him. \:D/ I'd thought he'd disappeared forever.

4 stars.
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

At first I found it hard to believe that the Straussburgs were having marital problems. I guess the writers were just trying to show that it can happen to anyone...
Anyway, I just thought it was odd, because I recently listened to "Sleepover" recently, and the Straussburgs seemed perfectly functional (except for the fact they had melted pizza on their lamp...)
I gave it 4, because I was kind of hoping for a more exciting problem, like pregnancy or something, but I guess Mandy would never do anything THAT stupid...
- Sean
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Wow, that fight between Liz and Mandy was amazing. :mecry: I can't remember the last time I actually burst out crying during an AIO episode. And then when Mandy yelled "You have to care!" at David I started crying again. AIO is amazing. I loved this ep. :D