Nancy Drew PC Games

It's Up To You As Nancy Drew

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Re: Nancy Drew PC Games

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm

Physical copies don't seem to be gone yet, so I'm going to go ahead and hold out for regular purchase I guess.
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Cash on hand: 279.66
Bank: 59,143.88

Postby Rosie Willowwater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 pm

I'm happy to see so many Nancy Drew fans here! I've loved the games ever since my first game (Treasure in the Royal Tower) and I am pretty excited to be playing MIS. The trailer is pretty disappointing in terms of character animation, but I hope that it gets better as they begin to release new games (if they do).
No one deserves to be forgotten
No one deserves to fade away
No one should come and go
And have no one know they were ever even there
No one deserves to disappear
I got this...
Rosie Willowwater

Singing

Cash on hand: 200.87

Postby Petrichor » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:48 pm

So the game is supposed to come out tomorrow...! I hope I don't get my heart broken again. :(

Rosie Willowwater wrote:The trailer is pretty disappointing in terms of character animation, but I hope that it gets better as they begin to release new games (if they do).
This is my thought as well. I know that they used to reuse models frequently, so I guess when they switched engines, they had to start from scratch. If they scrape together enough capital from MID to keep the company going, hopefully the games will start looking better. (Nice to meet you, by the way! I'm always happy to meet another Nancy Drew fan! \:D/ )
I guess I'll stick around
Petrichor

The best is yet to come.

Cash on hand: 15.15
Bank: 800.00

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 am

Do we know a time? It's still in preorder right now.
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Postby Petrichor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am

I think it was supposed to be 11:00 PT, but apparently it's available on Steam NOW! Hurray! It's finally here! \:D/
Petrichor

The best is yet to come.

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 pm

It just changed from preorder to buy; I added it to my cart but the discount code isn't working so I haven't purchased yet. The code works if I try it on a different game, so it is active. It seems they just haven't okayed it for this game yet since it wasn't valid for use on preorders. Hope they fix it soon; I sent an email.
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Postby Petrichor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm

Hopefully it ends up working! I assume it's something like you mentioned, and they have to update MID from the pre-order status.

They said they're shipping out pre-orders in the order they were placed, and I think I ordered within the first couple of hours, so hopefully my game should get here within the next few days. It doesn't really matter that much since I don't have time to play the game for a few weeks, but I'm a little mystified as to why they didn't ship the games out so they would arrive on the release date.

Final thoughts before playing the game: I know the graphics won't be great, so I'll keep my expectations low there. My main hopes are a) the game mechanics work decently well, even if the graphics aren't great, and b) the story feels like a Nancy Drew mystery. If we get those things, I'll be happy to endure kind of crummy graphics.
Petrichor

The best is yet to come.

Postby Rosie Willowwater » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:35 am

Petrichor wrote:This is my thought as well. I know that they used to reuse models frequently, so I guess when they switched engines, they had to start from scratch. If they scrape together enough capital from MID to keep the company going, hopefully the games will start looking better. (Nice to meet you, by the way! I'm always happy to meet another Nancy Drew fan! \:D/ )

Nice to meet you too! I've been around Nancy Drew fans since I was a mere baby, so even though I am really bad at mystery games I know a looooot about all 33 of the games :D

Will both of you possibly do a review of the game once you have finished it? I would be very interested to hear your opinions :)
I got this...
Rosie Willowwater

Singing

Cash on hand: 200.87

Postby Petrichor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 am

Rosie Willowwater wrote:Nice to meet you too! I've been around Nancy Drew fans since I was a mere baby, so even though I am really bad at mystery games I know a looooot about all 33 of the games :D

Will both of you possibly do a review of the game once you have finished it? I would be very interested to hear your opinions :)

Sure thing! It will be a few weeks until I have the chance to sit down and play the game, but I'll definitely post my thoughts here afterward! :)
Petrichor

The best is yet to come.

Previous

Return to The Gaming Den