Anyone make their own games?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Anyone make their own games?

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've fiddled around with RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 a while back, never had time to really learn it well, though.

Anyway, my latest interest is "Beats of Rage"... you can make side-scrolling "Beat Em Ups" with it ( a genre I've always loved), it's pretty cool. I don't have any links on hand but you can probably find some examples on Youtube or sites about it on Google. ;)

But yeah, anyone else do things along those lines?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I've also messed around with rpgmaker (and flash, as we have it for some reason.) And am currently working on designs/graphics/scripting for my Next Grand Creation, which has a rather complex story divergence system, and is utterly insane, and will therefore never actually be created...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah... I had a pretty cool plot idea and had found/made a lot of the sprites I needed for an RPG, but it was just too complex to take on by myself with my limited knowledge of RPG Maker...
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I own the dark basic software 3d game maker. And i have used The RPG game maker. I never really spent years on making a game, but maby weaks.

Ry
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

Yes! My kind of topic!
My game: Spacewar GM!

EDIT: My upload site says that it was downloaded 1 time. That was me testing it. Why hasn't anyone downloaded it?
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Pokeman7452 wrote:Yes! My kind of topic!

EDIT: My upload site says that it was downloaded 1 time. That was me testing it. Why hasn't anyone downloaded it?
Because we're scared it will be a game about Bill Cosby and Pokeman.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

lol your being mean to a nub EK

no.... I haven't downloaded for the sake of not having time to download it... I'm sure a couple of my friends can testify this for me because most of the time I spend on is either homework or noveling nowadays...
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Unfortunately, I don't even have time for professional games. :( Being in college is really annoying that way.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Raskolnikov wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't even have time for professional games. :( Being in college is really annoying that way.
In what way is being in college not annoying?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:

Parties. >_>
Pc Pro
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Pc Pro »

no I don't, I should think it would be pretty hard, and the pro jobs would be better.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The EKster wrote:
Xiao wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:

Parties. >_>
You can have parties if you're not in college, and they are annoying, when it's 3:00 and you're trying to sleep but some stupid guy in the dorm next to you is like "PARTAY OUT!!1111"
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

:offtopic2:
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Xiao wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:

Good point...
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
sniper
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by sniper »

I created a game once, It had to many bugs in it though, so it never really got out of testing :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The EKster wrote:

Actually I tried to download it and it didn't work for me...
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

Donner wrote:
The EKster wrote:

Actually I tried to download it and it didn't work for me...
That's because I didn't see any point in fixing it, no one would download it.
*fixed