Wii - November 19

Who's Getting One?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

The reason I am getting one (or part thereof)
Check the boss battle oooout. Unless you don't want spoilers. But it's not particularly a spoiler.

Even if it's not a launch title (which I'm actually glad of) it will be worth it. I think.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I've never been a huge metroid fan. But my brothers will certainly be excited :D

Maybe with the Wii controller I'll try Samus out.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I'm uber excited. I won't be getting one opening day, and for all I know it could be Christmas 2007 by the time I get one, but I am getting one. I can't wait to play WarioWare: Smooth Moves with the wiimote.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Does anyone know how GameStop's reservation policy works? I put a reservation for the Wii about five months ago and I'm a little confused how this is supposed to work. Am I guaranteed a system until I pick one up or do I still have to wait in line for one? I'm probably going to call and ask, but they're closed right now. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

I think I'll wait and ask for it for christmas :D

Cause I don't have a lot of money :(

but let me know how it is
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Diddy Kong wrote:Does anyone know how GameStop's reservation policy works? I put a reservation for the Wii about five months ago and I'm a little confused how this is supposed to work. Am I guaranteed a system until I pick one up or do I still have to wait in line for one? I'm probably going to call and ask, but they're closed right now. ;)
:anxious:

Let me know what you find out... we have one too :anxious:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Donkey Kong wrote:
Diddy Kong wrote:Does anyone know how GameStop's reservation policy works? I put a reservation for the Wii about five months ago and I'm a little confused how this is supposed to work. Am I guaranteed a system until I pick one up or do I still have to wait in line for one? I'm probably going to call and ask, but they're closed right now. ;)

Unless you're closest GameStop is in the Land of Magical Gumdrops and Faries, they weren't supposed to be taking reservations five months ago... :anxious: I forget the exact date, but it was roughly in the last week or so, I believe, that they started taking preorders. Anyway, assuming you do have a pre-order, and not a "we'll give you a call when we are taking pre-orders" (which GameStop started doing around the first of the year, but didn't bother actually calling anyone), they will likely call you when yours comes in. They are attempting to only have as many pre-orders as they will get units on launch date, because last year 360's were WAY understocked and it created a big mess because people on the reserve list weren't getting there's until like 3 months after the launch date.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Bowser wrote:
Donkey Kong wrote:

Unless you're closest GameStop is in the Land of Magical Gumdrops and Faries, they weren't supposed to be taking reservations five months ago... :anxious: I forget the exact date, but it was roughly in the last week or so, I believe, that they started taking preorders. Anyway, assuming you do have a pre-order, and not a "we'll give you a call when we are taking pre-orders" (which GameStop started doing around the first of the year, but didn't bother actually calling anyone), they will likely call you when yours comes in. They are attempting to only have as many pre-orders as they will get units on launch date, because last year 360's were WAY understocked and it created a big mess because people on the reserve list weren't getting there's until like 3 months after the launch date.
Yeah, I think I'm going to give them a call. I didn't put any money down, so it wasn't a pre-order. But nobody from GameStop has called me, and I thought that having my name on the reservation list would guarantee me a system (provided they had enough). Thanks for the info, Top. \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I think they used to be a lot more lax on things, but the 360 was such a huge stinking mess for us (well, formerly us, I don't work there anymore but still stop in and see what's going on--oddly, I'm more interested in the BUSINESS of games than actually playing them these days) that things had to be done differently now. So yeah, definitely talk to them. I'm a little annoyed that they ignored their call list for Wii's and PS3's, not really a brilliant business move, though my guess is the lists were getting pretty long, so I guess you can't blame them.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

My brother waited in line for "Opening day of take your reservation" last week, as Top assumed. In contrast, He DID put down a deposit of $50.

What do you think the chances are of us acutally getting our Wii on November 19th, Top? Do they work on a first reserve, first recieve (hehe I made that up) system? Or is it more: if you reserved it, you have to wait in line to pick up and hope you get a copy... type thing?
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Donkey Kong wrote:My brother waited in line for "Opening day of take your reservation" last week, as Top assumed. In contrast, He DID put down a deposit of $50.

What do you think the chances are of us acutally getting our Wii on November 19th, Top? Do they work on a first reserve, first recieve (hehe I made that up) system? Or is it more: if you reserved it, you have to wait in line to pick up and hope you get a copy... type thing?
If it's reserved then you SHOULD get a copy on launch day... like I said, the problem with 360 is they took like unlimited reserves, so they didn't get nearly enough in, but I know this run GameStop has been careful and is trying to only have as many reserves as units they expect to get. Of course, they could end up being shorted, but Nintendo is usually good at keeping their word and they probably know by now how many will ship. The stores are supposed to refuse any more reserves past the amount they will get on launch day... so hopefully your local one did that. ;) I'm sure errors will occur SOMEWHERE, though.

But yeah... however many units they get in... lets say they get 10 to make it simple. That means the first 10 people on the list WILL get one. They may give it to someone else if you don't show up at the store by a certain date, but you have a little while at least.