Wii's not as cheap as it may seem

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

But at least it comes with a game unlike all the others... \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Fenrir Lunaedge wrote:
The EKster wrote:
Xiao wrote:Jeeze, people, do I have to spell out every little comment I make for you? Not to be rude or anything, but lately, it's kinda....yikes.

Adrian, obviously I wasn't comparing anything, I was just saying with that much money you might as well buy an Xbox, what with the awesome graphics and games and such. Plus, the live "subsciption" is relative, as Wii doesn't have an online service anyways. It's just more bang for your buck.

And Shadowpaw, I said "almost 500 dollars". I didn't say "it will cost 500 dollars." 460 dollars is closer to 500 then 400. ........................ :-s

170 dollars more expensive, and much more well spent.

Nuff said.

I'm not saying the Wii is going to be bad or anything, but despite its seemingly cheap price, it's way overpriced and the launch titles kind of suck. Zelda? Yay. Exite Truck? Maybe yay. Everything else? Sucks.
...have you played anything for the Wii yet? No. So dont judge its games. Foo. ;)
And Wii will have Online service...how do you think you can download all those old retro games...and play some of them online with friends? >_>
there's something called "hamachi" and emulators with multiplayer over internet capabilities.
There is something called legality...while I dont much care for it. Its still good to follow.

Also, Wii accessories are relatively cheap since you dont exactly need em you can just use old stuff or things you have lying around (GC Mem card, SD Card, GC Controllers) the highest accessory would have to be an extra controller which isnt much considering what name brand controlllers cost...(Nintendo rips you off on DS Styluses. >_<)
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The EKster wrote:
Fenrir Lunaedge wrote:
The EKster wrote:
Xiao wrote:Jeeze, people, do I have to spell out every little comment I make for you? Not to be rude or anything, but lately, it's kinda....yikes.

Adrian, obviously I wasn't comparing anything, I was just saying with that much money you might as well buy an Xbox, what with the awesome graphics and games and such. Plus, the live "subsciption" is relative, as Wii doesn't have an online service anyways. It's just more bang for your buck.

And Shadowpaw, I said "almost 500 dollars". I didn't say "it will cost 500 dollars." 460 dollars is closer to 500 then 400. ........................ :-s

170 dollars more expensive, and much more well spent.

Nuff said.

I'm not saying the Wii is going to be bad or anything, but despite its seemingly cheap price, it's way overpriced and the launch titles kind of suck. Zelda? Yay. Exite Truck? Maybe yay. Everything else? Sucks.
...have you played anything for the Wii yet? No. So dont judge its games. Foo. ;)
And Wii will have Online service...how do you think you can download all those old retro games...and play some of them online with friends? >_>
there's something called "hamachi" and emulators with multiplayer over internet capabilities.
There is something called legality...while I dont much care for it. Its still good to follow.

Also, Wii accessories are relatively cheap since you dont exactly need em you can just use old stuff or things you have lying around (GC Mem card, SD Card, GC Controllers) the highest accessory would have to be an extra controller which isnt much considering what name brand controlllers cost...(Nintendo rips you off on DS Styluses. >_<)
So....what you're saying is...

The accessories are cheap if you don't buy them. :-k

Acute observation, EK! ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yep! >:O

But really, what accesories?
The classic controller...20 bucks. -_-; Not that much.