360/PS3/Wii Comparison thread

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Trent, Face the facts. 360=Microsoft. Have you ever really seen microsoft put out a platform for anything that is finished, or complete, or has no errors, or has no problems? no. Because there is no thing. A month after my Friend bought his 360 it broke. The Cd door wont open anymore, it dies frequently, its just not a good choice. Microsoft will spend hundreds extra building a product that isnt worth half what they paid for, and really isnt worth anything.

The 360 is cool, but its not reliable.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Most companies don't release products that are spotless or without some minor errors. (Except Apple, of course. ;)) Ironically, I own one of the "original" Xboxes and have had only minor problems. But the documented problems with the 360 are undeniable. It's rather unfortunate, too, because these hardware issues really prevent people from giving a fair review of the system. :( I hear they're making modifications to the new 360's that will be shipped out this fall. Will the new 360 still be that unreliable that it isn't worth even considering?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Ryan wrote:Trent, Face the facts. 360=Microsoft. Have you ever really seen microsoft put out a platform for anything that is finished, or complete, or has no errors, or has no problems? no. Because there is no thing. A month after my Friend bought his 360 it broke. The Cd door wont open anymore, it dies frequently, its just not a good choice. Microsoft will spend hundreds extra building a product that isnt worth half what they paid for, and really isnt worth anything.

The 360 is cool, but its not reliable.
It's a game system not a computer. You can always take it back if it breaks due to manufacturer error.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Some people (and presumably Ryan) don't like returning things... but I don't really care. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

But Why have to do deal with that, and the company in the first place? :p
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Ahh good ol Xaio... I'm embarrassed when I read some of my interactions with him... a lot of sanctification took place 'cause of him :-

Any way, on to the topic at hand:
Trent, if I were in your predicament, I'd go with the 360 without ever giving it another thought. I'm not that into the current issues with 360 owners, but I do know a few of them and no one I know of have had any problems...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, by the way... no one has given me any reason to buy either console... 360/PS3. :anxious:
Trent, if I were in your predicament, I'd go with the 360 without ever giving it another thought. I'm not that into the current issues with 360 owners, but I do know a few of them and no one I know of have had any problems...
That was my thought process as well... I think my bigger concern is whether the graphics are superior or not... as well as whether or not I can get 1080p output to our HD tv. Otherwise, it's not worth it.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

The Ps3 has better graphics.

:p.

there.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Oh, you've definitely convinced me. :yes:
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

I'd go through a list of games. Which ones are exclusive to Microsoft, which are exclusive to Sony and which are common to both platforms?

I never thought there was much difference in performance between the two... especially compared to the Wii...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xbox 360 is definitely the way to go....only a small number actually have problems... (like 1%)

and the games for them are phenomenal...think of some of the smash hits already out on 360 now...

Oblivion
Bioshock
Gears of War
Halo 3

and for casual gamers the Xbox Live Marketplace is AWESOME- plenty of great casual games and the Marketplace has plenty of great Video download content.

Overall it has a great network community feature- great games- and it's overall a great system that can also work as a HDTV player if you buy the drive.

Get 360.

kthxbai.

Besides what does the PS3 have...good graphics...wow. That's so convincing.

If you didn't have a Wii I would recommend that over the two though.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

He said he already had the Wii :-
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

He said if he didnt already have the Wii he would recommend it over the other consoles :P
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Ryan wrote:He said if he didnt already have the Wii he would recommend it over the other consoles :P
I know, and he said he already had it. So he doesn't need to read what he posted. Now he knows what he originally posted and he won't be confused :)

Aren't pronouns wonderful O:)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Supposedly, the networking aspect of the 360 is one of the biggest factors for the buyers. But the problem is that I'm not a high school student... or someone who has a lot of free time on their hands. So I'm not necessarily going to buy the 360 for the Xbox Live feature. I can see myself purchasing Oblivion and Halo 3, but it should be noted that the 360 came out well in advance of the PS3. Who's to say Sony won't come out with equally strong games within the next year or so? Anyway, I'm just playing devil's advocate. When you make a $300-$500 purchase, you'd like to make sure you're well educated. :anxious:
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Yeah. I agree. I mean, there is no point in paying the fee for xbox live if your not going to use it :P

And the PS3 will eventually come out with those games.
With better graphics.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

I doubt it =\

While PS3 does boast better graphics, Xbox360 and Wii is on a rather more manageable scale for purchase. I mean who buy a ps3 for 600? Xbox live actually has two options: Gold and Silver. Silver is free.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Im just saying. If ya got the money for the Ps3, Go for it \:D/

There has to be a logical explanation for the PS3 being more expensive...

oh yeah. Probably because it is better :p
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The PS3 is more expensive because of the blue ray player, obviously. ;)
uz wrote:I doubt it =\

While PS3 does boast better graphics, Xbox360 and Wii is on a rather more manageable scale for purchase. I mean who buy a ps3 for 600? Xbox live actually has two options: Gold and Silver. Silver is free.
Are the graphics that much better?
I didn't know Xbox Silver was free... pretty sweet. Although its lack of access to multiplayer makes it pretty much useless. :(
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher