Final Fantasy XII

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I never got into the Final Fantasy series though a lot of my friends were (and still are) into it. I just didn't like the style of combat (the turn based stuff really turned me off... I much prefer real time combat). Though one of these days I'm sure I'll eventually try an FF game. Maybe this will be the one.

Then again, do I really have the time :anxious:... definitely not with 70 hours of Twilight Princess awaiting me :).
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Shadowpaw wrote:I never got into the Final Fantasy series though a lot of my friends were (and still are) into it. I just didn't like the style of combat (the turn based stuff really turned me off... I much prefer real time combat).
same here I was always more into army games and I really like Star Wars games especially Battlefront :D
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw wrote:I never got into the Final Fantasy series though a lot of my friends were (and still are) into it. I just didn't like the style of combat (the turn based stuff really turned me off... I much prefer real time combat). Though one of these days I'm sure I'll eventually try an FF game. Maybe this will be the one.

Then again, do I really have the time :anxious:... definitely not with 70 hours of Twilight Princess awaiting me :).
Thats one of the Beauties of FF12 you can choose from an active or wait system.

Also Xiao, Bigot based on the definition given to me by Odyssey (Some episode where lucy does an article on bigotry) >_> I dont go prowling dictionaries all day.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The EKster wrote:Thats one of the Beauties of FF12 you can choose from an active or wait system.
Yeah, after posting about the combat system I went and did some research and read some reviews and was extremely pleased to see this is more of a real-time fighting system. Unfortunately with Gears of War, Zelda, Guitar Hero 2, Call of Duty 3, Okami, Bully and a bunch of games I own that I haven't played yet, I don't know if I'll find the time to squeeze in FFXII... or any of the aforementioned games even! I'll try though.

Maybe I should make a schedule for myself ;).
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw wrote:
The EKster wrote:Thats one of the Beauties of FF12 you can choose from an active or wait system.
Yeah, after posting about the combat system I went and did some research and read some reviews and was extremely pleased to see this is more of a real-time fighting system. Unfortunately with Gears of War, Zelda, Guitar Hero 2, Call of Duty 3, Okami, Bully and a bunch of games I own that I haven't played yet, I don't know if I'll find the time to squeeze in FFXII... or any of the aforementioned games even! I'll try though.

Maybe I should make a schedule for myself ;).
I hear CoD 3 is basically the same game as 2 but with different scenarios and such. GH 2, yes, yes and yes. GoW I picked up yesterday, I popped it in a played for a bit, it is schweeeeeet. Zelda=No Brainer. Okami...shouldn't you have beaten that by now? ;) Bully, meh I hear good things about it...I might get it if I have the time/money.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The EKster wrote:I hear CoD 3 is basically the same game as 2 but with different scenarios and such. GH 2, yes, yes and yes. GoW I picked up yesterday, I popped it in a played for a bit, it is schweeeeeet. Zelda=No Brainer. Okami...shouldn't you have beaten that by now? ;) Bully, meh I hear good things about it...I might get it if I have the time/money.
I loved CoD 2, and this time one of the campaigns is Canadian, so I'm all over that! :) GH 2 I'm still debating waiting for it to come out on the Xbox 360 in 2007 or playing it now. I'll probably just ask for it for Christmas and if I get it, I get it, if not, I'll wait till the 360 version is out.

I haven't even taken Okami out of its packaging yet... though I played Bully for maybe an hour (it's fun, though the graphics are so dated). I can't wait till my finals are over. This Christmas I'm all over gaming. Unlike the past few times I've had a break from school or work, I won't be working on my websites this time so I'll have no excuse not to game! However, in the meantime, I've got 5 major assignments left to complete before classes are over in mid December and then finals to study for... so all the gaming will have to wait. :sniff:
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Shadowpaw wrote:I loved CoD 2...
Yeah, I liked it as well, but the it's not really my kind of game. It's good for days when you feel like mindlessly shooting thousands of rounds into hordes of Nazis... It was way too easy IMO though, I'm more of a squad based gamer, where you have to solve problems using teamwork instead of doing it all yourself. Anyone can just run in and repetitively blast away at everyone 'till they're all dead...
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The EKster wrote:Also Xiao, Bigot based on the definition given to me by Odyssey (Some episode where lucy does an article on bigotry) >_> I dont go prowling dictionaries all day.
Neither do I. Sorry for being educated. ;)
I hear CoD 3 is basically the same game as 2 but with different scenarios and such. GH 2, yes, yes and yes. GoW I picked up yesterday, I popped it in a played for a bit, it is schweeeeeet. Zelda=No Brainer. Okami...shouldn't you have beaten that by now? ;) Bully, meh I hear good things about it...I might get it if I have the time/money.
Yeah CoD 3 looks like kind of a letdown. I mean the melee combat looks awesome, but.... eh. Not worth it with GoW out.

I love GH, and I wanted to get GH2, but with all this 360 stuff I'm buying I'm kinda dry. I may buy it when it comes to the 360, though. Lets hope the announced wireless 360 guitar controller isn't 100 bucks or anything.

Zelda is awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for a while. :<

Okami is also awesome.

Bully looks pretty good but I'm gonna pass on it.