Final Fantasy XII

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Final Fantasy XII

Post by EK »

I just picked this game up yesterday and I must confess it is quite awesoem, part from the fact that the story isnt alll that interesting in the beggining it has to be the best graphics for the PS2 to date, and the new battle system rocks, plus it has a great soundtrack as you would expect from any FF game. I won't spoil it but I will say go get it, now.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I would but I'm buying Dead Rising and Gears of War instead, so pwned.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:I would but I'm buying Dead Rising and Gears of War instead, so pwned.
...Xiao has turned from a Sony too Microsoft/Nintendo fanboy? NOOOOOOOO! >:O

But yeah, Gears of War...its about on par with FF on funness...better graphics than FF though...
FFXII>Dead Rising...cmon...I know its fun and all, but riding around on a chocobo killing monsters with a party of people with giant swords is better than being a cameraman inside a mall killing monsters.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:
Xiao wrote:I would but I'm buying Dead Rising and Gears of War instead, so pwned.
...Xiao has turned from a Sony too Microsoft/Nintendo fanboy? NOOOOOOOO! >:O

But yeah, Gears of War...its about on par with FF on funness...better graphics than FF though...
FFXII>Dead Rising...cmon...I know its fun and all, but riding around on a chocobo killing monsters with a party of people with giant swords is better than being a cameraman inside a mall killing monsters.
They're ZOMBIES dude.

Killing zombies with new age music CDs, broken TVs, shopping carts, squirt guns and giant lego masks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF XII

And Gears of War >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXII
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

And yet all you care about is killing Zombies. Wow. Dead Rising dosen't have much of a story now does it? And gears of war...well it would be a big hit...if more people had Xbox 360s...the fact is what happened to the "Golly Gee Whilikers! FINALTASYZORS WILL PWN J00 WITH A SPORK" attitude you had Xiao. >:O Don't let games with mindless reptitive action go to waste over a new inventive RPG...I mean dude...it's friggin Final Fantasy just because its under that franchise it wins...end of story.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:And yet all you care about is killing Zombies. Wow. Dead Rising dosen't have much of a story now does it? And gears of war...well it would be a big hit...if more people had Xbox 360s...the fact is what happened to the "Golly Gee Whilikers! FINALTASYZORS WILL PWN J00 WITH A SPORK" attitude you had Xiao. >:O Don't let games with mindless reptitive action go to waste over a new inventive RPG...I mean dude...it's friggin Final Fantasy just because its under that franchise it wins...end of story.
Woah, flaming fanboy.

Okay time to prove you wrong.

Killing zombies is much better then killing stupid anime monsters.

Dead rising has an excellent story.

Gears of War will sell Xbox 360s. It's amazing.

I never was a FF fanboy.

Mindless repetitive action? Oh wait that's right you don't own either, you wouldn't know.

"Inventive"? ....WHAT? Are you kidding? This is the 12TH final fantasy. THE 12TH!!! Gears of war is a NEW series, as is dead rising. And with all the spinoffs this is around the 22nd final fantasy game. Lol, inventive? Give me a break.

You dim bigot. :shame:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:
Adrian wrote:And yet all you care about is killing Zombies. Wow. Dead Rising dosen't have much of a story now does it? And gears of war...well it would be a big hit...if more people had Xbox 360s...the fact is what happened to the "Golly Gee Whilikers! FINALTASYZORS WILL PWN J00 WITH A SPORK" attitude you had Xiao. >:O Don't let games with mindless reptitive action go to waste over a new inventive RPG...I mean dude...it's friggin Final Fantasy just because its under that franchise it wins...end of story.
Woah, flaming fanboy.

I never was a FF fanboy.

Mindless repetitive action? Oh wait that's right you don't own either, you wouldn't know.

"Inventive"? ....WHAT? Are you kidding? This is the 12TH final fantasy. THE 12TH!!! Gears of war is a NEW series, as is dead rising. And with all the spinoffs this is around the 22nd final fantasy game. Lol, inventive? Give me a break.

Gears of War=Halo Spoof. A really good Halo Spoof mind you but a Halo Spoof.

Dead Rising=Bad Story, and Resident Evil+GTA spoof.

...you may not have been a FF fanboy but you sure have turned from the "Sony ownzors u plz" roots of your fanboydom...don't lie...and then you got hyped about what was it? Crisis Core...>_>

...obviously I don't have Gears of War because its not coming out for 5 days. But yes Dead Rising I did rent and played through...to put it bluntly I found nothing exactly refreshing to the Zombie genre that I liked.

Now Final Fantasy if you haven't noticed always has a fresh interesting story this time around has a brand new battle and skill system and the best thing to happen to RPGs the gambit system, I would explain in detail but since you don't own it, you wouldn't get it.

...you untactful...erm...downs syndrome patient. >_>
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:
Xiao wrote:
Woah, flaming fanboy.

I never was a FF fanboy.

Gears of War=Halo Spoof. A really good Halo Spoof mind you but a Halo Spoof.

Dead Rising=Bad Story, and Resident Evil+GTA spoof.

...you may not have been a FF fanboy but you sure have turned from the "Sony ownzors u please" roots of your fanboydom...don't lie...and then you got hyped about what was it? Crisis Core...>_>

...obviously I don't have Gears of War because its not coming out for 5 days. But yes Dead Rising I did rent and played through...to put it bluntly I found nothing exactly refreshing to the Zombie genre that I liked.

Now Final Fantasy if you haven't noticed always has a fresh interesting story this time around has a brand new battle and skill system and the best thing to happen to RPGs the gambit system, I would explain in detail but since you don't own it, you wouldn't get it.

...you untactful...erm...downs syndrome patient. >_>
It's really hard to fathom just how wrong you are.

Gears of war is a halo spoof? What? Are you kidding me? It's NOTHING like halo, it doesn't even have ALIENS. (No, the locust ARENT aliens) It's all about cover. You're such a bigot.

Dead Rising has a good story for a game of its kind, and GTA? Are you kidding? It's nothing like GTA. Nothing at all. You obviously don't own it. It's not even really free-roaming. It's nothing like RE either, it's MADE by capcom so it's not a spoof of another product of theirs. If you knew anything about the game you would know that Dead Rising is extremely clearly a spoof of the old version of "Dawn of the Dead", complete with mad cow disease and evil malls. So much so that when you start the game, it tells you it "isn't owned, approved or lisenced by the creaters or owners of (iforgettheguysname)'s 'Dawn of the Dead' "

What does this have to do with Sony? I don't like sony anymore because some of the later stuff with the ps3. And Crisis Core is probably still going to be an excellent game. That's the PSP BTW.

Well, I've played gears of war (cough torrent), but only a small demo. And I recall you saying on MSN exactly this: "Dead rising pwnzors." When I mentioned it.

Final Fantasy's storylines are FAR from interesting. The "new battle system" is basically an excuse for the game to play itself. Ugh. And my sister owns FFXII, I've played through the majority of it, it's just not that great.

Dim bigot. :boohoo:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Obviously your favorite word of the day is bigot. Wow, i'm discriminating against what? Games that have no relation whatsoever to an RPG. Wow. How insulting.

Your obviously just biased toward games that have...just idea shooting poop behind it. While I am biased toward games that actually involve strategy and skill. Does that mean that im smarter than you? Well no. But it does give me more reasoning skills than just point and shoot does.
Last edited by EK on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I suck at MapleStory. >:O

(* EK edited this post. )

Edit >_> this is a Xiao/EK argument.
Last edited by Shad Lexer on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shad Lexer wrote:I suck at MapleStory. >:O

Of course you do...now go make it to 2nd job.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:

Dude, you edited his post. It said "Final Fantasy requires skill? :rofl:"

What's wrong with you?

You're such a noob, you're not even worth flaming.

But I will anyways, because your futile hopes of ever being right on this subject greatly amuse me. Ha, ha, ha.

First of all, "Bigot" has nothing to do with discrimination, you bigot. It means to be obsessively closed-minded to something, and unwilling to consider change. In other words, it's the perfect term to describe a raving fanboy.... like yourself. The fact that I favored PS3, and now 360, proves I'm not a fanboy.

Here's the definition of bigot.
Big‧ot  /ˈbɪgət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
big·ot (bgt) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "bigot" [P]
n.
bigot

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
bigot

A person who is religiously attached to a particular computer,
language, operating system, editor, or other tool (see
religious issues). Usually found with a specifier; thus,
"Cray bigot", "ITS bigot", "APL bigot", "VMS bigot", "Berkeley
bigot". Real bigots can be distinguished from mere partisans
or zealots by the fact that they refuse to learn alternatives
even when the march of time and/or technology is threatening
to obsolete the favoured tool. It is truly said "You can tell
a bigot, but you can't tell him much."
n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
"Just idea shooting poop behind it"? Sorry, I don't speak dim bigot. Games that require strategy and skill? Are you kidding me? Hmm, what has more strategy, Gears of War, a cover-based tactical shooter, or Final Fantasy, an RPG which you run around until you find a monster, and then hit "attack" until you kill it. Hmm.

And you also edited this part:
Does that mean that im smarter than you? Well no. But I am anyways.
to:
Does that mean that im smarter than you? Well no. But it does give me more reasoning skills than just point and shoot does.
First off, "im." Secondly, I suppose you realized how unfathomably idiotic you sounded in the original post, so you edited it and tried to use what your non-working brain considers "fancy words" such as "reasoning skills." Wow, that's impressive, EK! =D> What's next, "I'm"?

And thirdly, you just said you have more reasoning skills than games which you point and shoot do. What the heck? I think you fail terribly, sir.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Hah. EK and Xiao's arguments are always so... amusing. Even, I would chance, more than those between, say, the Brotherhood and the Blackgaards.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Adrian wrote:

Just because I have other things to do than play MS all the time, and make it to the next job, doesn't mean I 'suck at it'. It simply means I have other things to do. Maybe someday you'll realize that, stop editing people's posts, and act like an adult.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Hah. EK and Xiao's arguments are always so... amusing. Even, I would chance, more than those between, say, the Brotherhood and the Blackgaards.
I agree. ;)
Also, in Shad's defense, I know from personal experience that leveling an archer to 30 isn't the easiest thing in the world. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Shad Lexer

Post by Shad Lexer »

Thank you. Oh, and I also agree with Sonuna. ;)
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Adrian wrote:Obviously your favorite word of the day is bigot. Wow, i'm discriminating against what? Games that have no relation whatsoever to an RPG. Wow. How insulting.

Your obviously just biased toward games that have...just idea shooting poop behind it. While I am biased toward games that actually involve strategy and skill. Does that mean that im smarter than you? Well no. But it does give me more reasoning skills than just point and shoot does.
I think finding cover and using AIs to tactically takedown someone is more than just "point and shoot". In most of these games, your health will go fast. And your enemies' health will last for a long time. Thinking tactically in real time situations are a lot better than RPGs in that aspect, EK.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Hah. EK and Xiao's arguments are always so... amusing. Even, I would chance, more than those between, say, the Brotherhood and the Blackgaards.
TRAITOR. >:O

Well, actually, you might be right. Might be. Just because EK and Xiao are both alive and accounted for. And they don't go off into randomly inserted insults about their respective families.

Actually. /ponders.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I enjoy the FF series generally, but I wish they'd quit having such girlie looking characters. :(
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Indeed…. Such articles of clothing that my parents would generally disapprove of. As such, let's leave this battlefield in order go allow Xiao and EK “duke it out”, to borrow the colloquialism. IMO, my parents are a lot more tolerant over blood than over over exaggerated suggestive themes.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.