Gamespot scores Zelda: Twilight Princess an 8.8

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Gamespot scores Zelda: Twilight Princess an 8.8

Post by xiao »

http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunc ... ck=topslot

Hmm. Still a great score, but considering Gears just got a 9.6, and this is supposed to be a killer app....

A little strange.

Other sites have been giving it far better reviews then GS though.

EDIT: Okay, so Jeff reviewed it, and Jeff was the guy that wrote this review. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/tony ... ter&page=1
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Yeah, I've been following the Gamespot boards for the last hour... fans are furious with Jeff, calling for his death and all kind of crazy fan boy things ;).

But yeah, I was shocked when I saw the score considering it was averaging 98% on Game Rankings, so this review came out of nowhere. I do generally agree with Gamespot reviews, but I desperately don't want that to be the case this time around... I want that perfect game. I definitely agree with some of the things that was said in the review, but he makes almost no mention of the storyline which is supposedly amazing (according to all the other reviews) and is the only one who seems to have any kind of objection to the Wii's control scheme. I actually like Jeff most of the time (I've been a member there for years and watch all their video features), so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt... even if it's not what I wanted to hear (especially since, as I mentioned, I usually agree with their reviews and don't think every game that comes along deserves over a 9 like most other sites hand out). I usually disregard all IGN reviews because of this, since so many high profile games are given high 9 scores that don't deserve it... but if they agree with Gamespot, my expectations for this game will certainly be lowered, even though it's all I've been thinking about for the past two weeks. :anxious:

It's now the first time in memory I'm rooting for IGN to put Gamespot in its place! Of course it won't matter, since it's just one man's opinion and if it's the greatest game "I've" ever played, I'll be happy with that. But since I consider Ocarina of Time one of (if not the best) game ever created, I've pinned high hopes on this game. I don't want all the "Great" games I play to have occured in my teens and childhood. I want to experience a great game right now that I don't know all the twists and turns ahead of time but that I can play and know it's a classic. And 8.8 isn't even considered an AAA title... so for the sake of my gaming career, I hope I disagree with Gamespot for the first time since Deus Ex was released.

Of course if the Wii version of Zelda gets an 8.8, based on only decent graphics and bad controls, the Gamecube version should score considerably higher (since the graphics would be superb for the last generation and the control would be different), otherwise fans will be really furious with Gamespot and in particular, Jeff.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Well, Jeff has expressed his hate of the Wii for quite some time now. He's certainly no fan of the system. He even said "I don't like that it makes you move so much", or something to that extent, in a video blog.

So it's obvious that we're getting a biased review.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

IGN gives it a 9.5... so w00t :).
xiao

Post by xiao »

\:D/