Anyone get a Wii?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Anyone get a Wii?

Post by Shadowpaw »

I didn't physically go down to pick one up, but I bought one from Costco online and I should get it either the end of this week or early next week. I can't wait to play Zelda! :)
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

As I said
I DID!
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

We have one in the house ;)

But since I'm not as interested in Zelda, I don't anticipate playing it too much until Smash Bros comes out.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

A friend of mine went out to a non-24 hour Wal-Mart that opens at 7am yesterday, and got there about 6:40. He was like 2 people off in line from getting one. :(

It's the only next-gen console I'm at all interested in, but as I'm not a HUGE Zelda fan (if I had a Wii, I'd get it, but it's not enough to make me buy it) I'll definitely wait until either Smash Bros. or some other really cool game comes along.

Oh, and until I have the money... :anxious:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

STRYPER wrote:But since I'm not as interested in Zelda
The Top Crusader wrote:I'm not a HUGE Zelda fan
I think it would be best if the two of you immediately resign from the Gamer's Faction. :shame:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I really loved the old top-down view ones, though. :(
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I never played through the first few, though I own them all now... the only one I really want to play through is a Link to the Past. But Ocarina of Time brings back so many fond memories. It was at the time, and is still, the best gaming experience I've ever had. It was just such a well put together game and executed so flawlessly that the Zelda franchise is by far my favorite video game franchise ever. The Wii alone is worth the $280 CAD just to play the latest game! :D
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Sorry Shadowpaw :(
I played and beat Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 but I never got into the two Zelda games. I think part of that had to do with my parents not letting me :anxious:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I got a Wii. *goes back to playing Twilight Princess* kthx.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

for all those who did get the wii, do you think it was worth it :-k
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

agent3xq wrote:for all those who did get the wii, do you think it was worth it :-k
Yes. Very yes. Its looks like a cheap toy but it is a great machine, well worth the low price point.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

STRYPER wrote:Sorry Shadowpaw :(
I played and beat Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 but I never got into the two Zelda games. I think part of that had to do with my parents not letting me :anxious:
I was old enough they quit paying attention by then... though I never had a 64, so I guess it doesn't matter. But yeah, I was forbidden to get the NES Zelda games when I was a kid because they were demonic. :( I also couldn't get Super Mario Bros. 2 because it had crystal balls and flying carpets in it!!!! :shock: EVIL, EVIL GAME!!!! :x
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

agent3xq wrote:for all those who did get the wii, do you think it was worth it :-k
I think it is now worth about 75% of the price (50% if you don't like Zelda) but once Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB come out I think that will quadruple or so.
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The EKster wrote:
Yes. Very yes. Its looks like a cheap toy but it is a great machine, well worth the low price point.
The Wii is cheaper than the 360 or PS3, but it is by no means, cheap.

I still plan on buying one though. :P

Here's the sad thing about most Nintendo games for me though, is that they all play the same, and everyone goes crazy because it's just another part of the series, but it's not truely a new game. It kinda makes me sad.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:
The EKster wrote:

Here's the sad thing about most Nintendo games for me though, is that they all play the same, and everyone goes crazy because it's just another part of the series, but it's not truely a new game. It kinda makes me sad.
Why fix something thats not broken? \:D/ Ok yeah that was retorical...but still at least theyre trying with the the innovation-ness of the Wiis controller.

Also, 250$ for the system, your old Gamecube memory card (or an SD card if you have one from your camera or MP3 player or whatever), 15$ dollars for a classic controller and 100$ for 2 games (I got Trauma Center and LoZ). thats 365$ still under Xbox and PS3.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The EKster wrote:
Xiao wrote:
The EKster wrote:

Why fix something thats not broken? \:D/ Ok yeah that was retorical...but still at least theyre trying with the the innovation-ness of the Wiis controller.

Also, 250$ for the system, your old Gamecube memory card (or an SD card if you have one from your camera or MP3 player or whatever), 15$ dollars for a classic controller and 100$ for 2 games (I got Trauma Center and LoZ). thats 365$ still under Xbox and PS3.
EK, EK, EK. I said it was CHEAPER, but not CHEAP. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I can't afford one, for one. :(

You know, I like the older Nintendo stuff BETTER... I wish they'd backtrack to their roots. Old Mario games were awesomely fun. Newer ones are okay but just kind of meh. New SMB for DS was a start but that doesn't totally live up to potential I've heard. Although there is that Paper Mario sidescroller that might make me happy! \:D/
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, I can't afford one, for one. :(

You know, I like the older Nintendo stuff BETTER... I wish they'd backtrack to their roots. Old Mario games were awesomely fun. Newer ones are okay but just kind of meh. New SMB for DS was a start but that doesn't totally live up to potential I've heard. Although there is that Paper Mario sidescroller that might make me happy! \:D/
The New Super Mario Brothers was probably the best game Nintendo has released since Donkey Kong Country (the original). But I agree, they need to do more.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I agree with STRYPER, New Super Mario on the DS was very good. Maybe not as awesome as some of the earlier side scrolling Mario games, but it was definitely more addictive than any other game I've played in recent memory and I didn't stop until I had completed and collected everything there was to do.

Though truthfully, I can't really think of any Mario or Zelda games that have disappointed me in the past 10 years. Ok, maybe Mario Sunshine, but I got my Gamecube a year after it was released and added a ton of games. Mario was the first one I played and when I got slightly bored, I moved on to another game, and then another, and then Wind Waker came out. I really should play through it again... maybe I will around the time Mario Galaxy is released.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I was reading through the Wii site, and it is backward compatible with the game cube, and it has wireless abilities to connect to the DS. I will definitely be saving up for one.

Ry