Future Force Company Commander (F2C2)

New free game from the Army

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Future Force Company Commander (F2C2)

Post by Raskolnikov »

Don't know how much any of you guys are into strategy simulations, but here's a new one you can download for free from the army website. It's pretty cool, you're a company level commander of US forces using next generation systems... be forwarned though, the map and interface is rather complicated with alot of acronyms and such. It's detailed, but pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, so be sure to take the training missions. :)

Reqs are:

Microsoft® Windows® XP
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4 128 or DirectX® 9.0c-compliant 128 MB 3D video card with hardware T&L and pixel shader support
2.2 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor
512 MB RAM or more
1.5 GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
DirectX® 9.0c (included)
DirectX®-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
4X or faster CD-ROM drive
Microsoft® compatible mouse and keyboard

And here's a link to the website:

http://www.army.mil/fcs/f2c2/index.html
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

That looks sweet. What are the graphics like?
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

The main screen is a detailed top-down 2D strategic map, with the ability to see the battlefield in 3D from the perspective of your units in real time. There is no "free range" battlefield camera though. Interface and map graphics are nice and easy on the eyes with smooth transitions, but the 3D graphics unfortunately won't dazzle anyone. I like it because of the incredible detail in the map, especially the relation between terrain and line of site. Also, playing with all the new weapons systems is pretty sweet! \:D/

These are some screenies from the website. The middle image is a view of the main battle map, where you spend the most time. There's alot of planning etc. involved.

"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

That looks awesome. I'll download it when I can! \:D/
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

I shouldn't have clicked this topic, it wasted 5 seconds of my time which could have otherwise be spent playing Gears of War!!

GEARS OF WAAAARRRRRRR!!!!1111
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

:lol: And you wasted another 30-45 seconds posting and changing font specs. ;)

How much did you pay for gears of war? :-

\:D/