Gaming Consoles / Video Games

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My primary use of my Xbox is to enjoy the modification that lets me play NES games. :)
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Atari
NES
Sega
Playstation
Gamecube
Xbox
PC

Lately I've been chilling with the original Knights of the Old Reepublic on my Xbox, Civilization III on my PC, and the occasional Big Team Battle in Halo 2 on Xbox Live.
I must firmly recommend all of the things I just mentioned. Quality gaming right there.
Not dead yet.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Playstation 2
PC

I got the Playstation 2 from a friend for free but he didn't give me any games so I'm stuck with just the machine.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

David wrote:Lately I've been chilling with the original Knights of the Old Reepublic on my Xbox
Ooh. Great game there. Playing light side or dark side this time around?

Have you played Knights of the Old Republic II yet? I received it for Christmas . . . still haven't finished the game yet. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Seeing as gaming is my love, I figured I'd chime in. The first console I ever owned was a Nintendo 64. I used to only ever get a chance to play the Super Nintendo and original Nintendo at a friend's house... but the N64 changed that. Currently I own:

Xbox
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS

And a high end PC for all of my gaming needs. With school and website stuff, I find a lot less time these days to actually play games (there's at least 5 purchases I can think of that I made within the 6 months that I've only played a few minutes of... I very much look forward to the summer when I can't back to gaming!) There's also a large handful on my "must buy" list that I would have purchased, had I not been so busy.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Felicity Blackgaard wrote:I prefer my old fashioned, 8-bit Nintendo system! \:D/

I used to play "Where In Time Is Carman Sandiego" on that console! It was so FUN!
Haha! I loved that game! :lol: Carmen Sandiego computer games were always favorites of mine. 8-)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Felicity Blackgaard wrote:I prefer my old fashioned, 8-bit Nintendo system! \:D/

I used to play "Where In Time Is Carman Sandiego" on that console! It was so FUN!
Haha! I loved that game! :lol: Carmen Sandiego computer games were always favorites of mine. 8-)
Ooh, yeah. Carmen Sandiego was always a fun game to play . . . though I remember our computer often crashing whenever we attempted to run the program. #-o
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The version we have now is prone to crashes... but that's because it was made for Windows... 98? It might even be 95 actually! Haven't picked up a new one recently. :-$
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

I actually just got my new graphics card in for my pc and I'm lovin it :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Now you can see ALL the effects in your games huh? ;) :lol:
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have a Gamecube and me and freinds like super smash brothers and Paper Mario 2 the thosand year door was a very fun game.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Bmuntz wrote:I have a Gamecube and me and freinds like super smash brothers and Paper Mario 2 the thosand year door was a very fun game.
Super Smash Bro. Awesomeness.

Paper Mario . . . ooh, I need to purchase that game one of these days. When I finally get off the ToO, that is. 8-[
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:The video for . . . ? :-s

I think I can safely say no regardless of the video to which you are referring. Haven't seen any video since The Incredibles. :D
The video on the website of the people who did this. It's pretty cool. Even has a segment of footage which shows the guys in the workshop making it. The show hosts also play Mario with it.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:

I think I can safely say no regardless of the video to which you are referring. Haven't seen any video since The Incredibles. :D
The video on the website of the people who did this. It's pretty cool. Even has a segment of footage which shows the guys in the workshop making it. The show hosts also play Mario with it.
Nope, haven't seen it. Can you send me the link?

Hard to believe anyone could do well playing with that huge controller. :-s
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

PS2: James Bond - Agent Under Fire, I-Ninja, Enter The Matrix, Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarding, Super Bombad Racing, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Medal Of Honor - Rising Sun, Rise To Honor, and the two official LOTR games - TT and ROTK.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Gotta love any and all Mario games. Well, most of them anyway. Anyone played Mario Party 6?

I never played LotR: TTT. However, I did purchase RoTK shortly after it was released. Certainly not the best game I've ever played but I enjoyed the RPG-like quality to it in being able to upgrade the characters to some extent. I read it was an improvement from TTT, but having not played TTT, I can't really make any further comment.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Gotta love any and all Mario games. Well, most of them anyway. Anyone played Mario Party 6?
As much as I love Mario I don't keep up with games too well. Maybe someday. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Gotta love any and all Mario games. Well, most of them anyway. Anyone played Mario Party 6?
As much as I love Mario I don't keep up with games too well. Maybe someday. :)
There just isn't enough time in the day for everything. We should have 48-hour days, maybe then you'd find the time to keep up with the Mario games. ;)

At any rate, my brother received Mario Party 6 for Christmas. If I'm not mistaken, it was the first Mario game ever to be released with a microphone. Very cool, indeed. Several of the games you play involve the use of the mic, in which you can answer a question or give a command. It's awesome. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Me wrote:

Nope, haven't seen it. Can you send me the link?

Hard to believe anyone could do well playing with that huge controller. :-s
They didn't do too well. Here's the link. It makes you watch a commercial first. http://www.g4tv.com/mediaplayer/index.a ... o_key=9036

If the link doesn't work, go to www.attackoftheshow.com, click on videos up at the top, and scroll down the one that says Gigantic NES controller. Right now it is near the bottom of the first page. It will be on the second page soon, as they put up new videos every week.

I play NES on my XBOX too. Hey Top, what mod chip do you have? I use an X-ecuter 3.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Me wrote: I play NES on my XBOX too. Hey Top, what mod chip do you have? I use an X-ecuter 3.
I'm not totally sure, to be honest. A friend of mine did all the work, I just play the games. :)

EDIT: I take that back. My friend found a way to do it without using a mod chip.