360, PS3, Wii... who wins?

My newer comparison

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Do you agree with this post?

Yes
43%
For the most part
43%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

360, PS3, Wii... who wins?

Post by xiao »

The Games
360: Tons of awesome shooters and PS3 ports that have better graphics.
PS3: Excellent, albeit far-off lineup of sequels.
Wii: Tried-and-true sequels with new twists

Winner: TIE

The Graphics
360: More memory means better looking, despite the processor disadvantage to the PS3
PS3: Better then the 360 in every way except memory, which devastates the graphics and makes the PS3 look considerably worse then the 360.
Wii: Sometimes the graphics are worse then the gamecube, and sometimes much better. But still much worse then 360 and PS3. It's not a system about graphics, but graphics are still important.

Winner: XBOX 360

The Controller
360: The best traditional controller ever made.
PS3: A nasty port of the Dualshock minus the rumble and plus a poop motion sensing system and broken shoulder buttons.
Wii: Awesomeness.

Winner: NINTENDO WII

The Pricing
360: Reasonably affordable and about to drop.
PS3: Way overpriced.
Wii: Just right.

The Extra Features
360: DVD playback (HD DVD with attachment), video playback, music playback, pictures, USB, hard-drive, Xbox Live, works wirelessly with PCs close by.
PS3: Blu-Ray, Movies, Pictures, Online.
Wii: Online, Mii.

The Online Service
360: Xbox live has demos, included mics, cameras, videos, skins, maps and arcade games.
PS3: Basically a free ripoff of Xbox live.
Wii: Nasty, nasty online.

The Online Arcades
360: Xbox Live Arcade hosts a few great games.
PS3: There's nothing remotely interesting for the PS3 online arcade.
Wii: A rather large library of old Nintendo games.

Winner: TIE (Wii has great games, but they're old games, and you have to pay for them. 360 doesn't have as many great games, but at least they're new.)

The Console Design
360: Nice and sleek, highly customizable.
PS3: Three words. Spider Man Font.
Wii: Very nice, small and slick design.

The Accessories
360: Live vision camera, HD DVD
PS3: .....Headsets?
Wii: A bunch of awesome controllers. Sadly, the retro controller has to plug into the Wiimote. But the possibility of stuff that could plug into it, rather then just the nunchuck, is endless.

The Age Range
360: Mosty M rated stuff.
PS3: It's got E-M in spades.
Wii: Mostly E and T, not a lot of M rated games.

Winner: PLAYSTATION 3

TV Functionality
360: 420p - 1080p with VGA / Component.
PS3: 420p - 1080p with HDMI.
Wii: 420p with component.

--------------------------------------

So...

The 360: 4
The Wii: 4
The PS3: 1
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

wate, were is the pacman arkade on dat list?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I agree with most of the results, though I would divide "The Games" into two separate sections... one would be just the general quality of the games, and the other would be the quality of the exclusive games to that system. For the general quality of games, I would say the Xbox 360 and for the exclusive games, I would say the Wii. Not only because of the Marios, Zelda, Super Smash Bros. and Metroid games, but also because the games on that system use the controller in such a unique way that you can't replicate that on the other systems.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I agree with Shadowpaw on the games suggestion (but that wouldn't alter your results any ;))

Very good post Xiao =D> I really like it. Tell me you did that yourself and didn't pull it from anywhere ;)

I find it odd that we're comparing these systems that haven't even been out for a year yet. Shouldn't we do something like this for the G3 consoles? :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
xiao

Post by xiao »

Bumble wrote:I agree with Shadowpaw on the games suggestion (but that wouldn't alter your results any ;))

Very good post Xiao =D> I really like it. Tell me you did that yourself and didn't pull it from anywhere ;)

I find it odd that we're comparing these systems that haven't even been out for a year yet. Shouldn't we do something like this for the G3 consoles? :-k
Yep I wrote it myself, lol....
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

The Wii doesn't have very many if any online games yet.

You are missing some extra features for the wii:
Pictures, USB, E-mail, 98% GameCube compatibility, Wireless built in.
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Pokeman7452 wrote:The Wii doesn't have very many if any online games yet.

Pictures are standard in all consoles as well as USB and backwards compatibility and wireless. So all that stuff was in the other consoles as well but not mentioned because it isn't anything new nowadays.

The Wii's online will never, ever, EVER hope to even pretend to top Xbox Live. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
xiao

Post by xiao »

I may revise it... upon looking at it again, I'm not sure if the Wii wins in console appearance, because the 360 is so customizable.

I may change the pricing thing as well.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Xiao wrote:

Pictures are standard in all consoles as well as USB and backwards compatibility and wireless. So all that stuff was in the other consoles as well but not mentioned because it isn't anything new nowadays.

The Wii's online will never, ever, EVER hope to even pretend to top Xbox Live. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
Would PS3 have better online play that 360, if its basically a ripoff, but free?

I've not ever used any online play for anything other than PC games, but that theory makes sense to me. :noway:
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

Xiao wrote:
Pokeman7452 wrote:You are missing some extra features for the wii:
Xiao wrote:The Extra Features
360: DVD playback (HD DVD with attachment), video playback, music playback, pictures, USB, hard-drive, Xbox Live, works wirelessly with PCs close by.
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Pokeman7452 wrote:
Xiao wrote:
Pokeman7452 wrote:You are missing some extra features for the wii:
Xiao wrote:The Extra Features
The PS3 also has USB and wireless stuff, but I didn't include it because I just thought "well it's not important anyways."
Donner wrote:
Xiao wrote:

Would PS3 have better online play that 360, if its basically a ripoff, but free?

I've not ever used any online play for anything other than PC games, but that theory makes sense to me. :noway:
No, because a free ripoff doesn't make it as good as Xbox Live. It doesn't have as many features, its slower, and you have to pay every time you want a new character, level, car, etc.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

wait can the nintendo wii play dvds? :anxious:
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

There will be a later implementation that allows the wii to play dvds. Possibly in teh form of an add-on.

scratch that: Nintendo is gonna come out with a wii that has dvd support later in 2007.... I think i'm gonna get xbox 360 >_>.... This is completely stupid
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

If you're looking for the Wii to be you're All-in-one entertainment device, then you should go with an XBox. The Wii is meant to be for gaming: nothing more. It's cheaper that way :D

Why would I want to get another DVD player when the one we have already works perfectly fine :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

we used our xbox as our dvd player downstairs but our xbox died last sunday :(
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

agent3xq wrote:we used our xbox as our dvd player downstairs but our xbox died last sunday :(
Dont go next-gen then, go get another Xbox or a PS2. Unless your all about gaming dont go next gen now. :P
xiao

Post by xiao »

actually the xbox and ps2 are like dying.

buy an xbox 360 lol.

And the revamped wii is stupid. As if we need ANOTHER DVD player next year, when DVDs probably won't even be used that much.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Actually they will, think...how many people already own DVDs and a regular TV? Think of how many titles are released on high depth formats...the fact that there is two high depth formats...and the number of DVDs already on the market. (Not mentioning the small number of HD TVs comparedd to regular TVs.) And yes of course you can also say Digital Media will be used more...people are still getting comfortable with the fact that you can download things..."Will it get deleted?" "I cant bring it with me!!!" and complaints like that. :P
xiao

Post by xiao »

ek wrote:Actually they will, think...how many people already own DVDs and a regular TV? Think of how many titles are released on high depth formats...the fact that there is two high depth formats...and the number of DVDs already on the market. (Not mentioning the small number of HD TVs comparedd to regular TVs.) And yes of course you can also say Digital Media will be used more...people are still getting comfortable with the fact that you can download things..."Will it get deleted?" "I cant bring it with me!!!" and complaints like that. :P
Yeah but thats what they said about VHS.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It took a while for DVD to overtake VHS though...close to three years..and since there is two new formats expect it to take a little while longer. :P