Is Kingdom Hearts 2 worth getting?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Is Kingdom Hearts 2 worth getting?

Post by The Top Crusader »

So I played the first one a while ago, and while I'm not really much a Disney fan, it was pretty cool. I used to LOVE Final Fantasy and RPGs in general, but kind of got bored of the turn based kind, so it being sort of an RPG hack n slash it was pretty fun. I've heard the second one is okay but not really as good as the first... but hey, its getting cheaper now, so I am thinking of picking it up. I rarely buy games that are over like... $10. :anxious: I'm a cheapskate. But hey, I got Viewtiful Joe for $7 the other day, it's pretty cool. But yeah... is it worth my while? :x
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

If you played the first you are obligated to get the second. ;)

But yeah, its a masterpiece of an action RPG and youll get alot of enjoyments out of it...just dont get frustrated that you have to play as roxas for so long. ;)
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

You could also wait and see if the Final Mix version of the game is coming out in the U.S.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

In answer to your question, Top, and to hear one of my oddly obsessed-with-Kingdom-Hearts friends say it, you must buy KH2.

However, seeing as I've never played it (Xiao: but you have researched it), don't take my word for it. You know, disclaimer and such.

/me disappears from Gaming Den.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Elrohir wrote:You could also wait and see if the Final Mix version of the game is coming out in the U.S.
There is no final mix version of the game.

The US game contained more content then the japanese release. The Japanese realized a "final mix" version which contains the extra content that only the U.S. version contained.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

xiao wrote:
Elrohir wrote:You could also wait and see if the Final Mix version of the game is coming out in the U.S.
There is no final mix version of the game.

The US game contained more content then the japanese release. The Japanese realized a "final mix" version which contains the extra content that only the U.S. version contained.
Are you talking about the original game or Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + and Re: Chain of Memories? 'Cause there is a lot of stuff in the currently Japanese Final Mix+ that's not in the U.S. version.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I just read today that the US Final Mix (with Chain of Memories and stuff) is coming out ... this fall, I think it said.

Yeah, dunno if I'll wait for that... I'd not mind waiting but the cost will be a lot higher once it DOES show up this fall, so I'll probably end up getting the regular version.

Chain of Memories is all well and good, but not really important to play between KH1 and 2 is it? :anxious:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, I just read today that the US Final Mix (with Chain of Memories and stuff) is coming out ... this fall, I think it said.

Yeah, dunno if I'll wait for that... I'd not mind waiting but the cost will be a lot higher once it DOES show up this fall, so I'll probably end up getting the regular version.
Well it's still not confirmed. But if you want my opinion I think it will. KH games make too much money to not be released here.
The Top Crusader wrote:Chain of Memories is all well and good, but not really important to play between KH1 and 2 is it? :anxious:
The Final Mix comes with CoM I believe. You can understand the story in KHII, but it'll be confusing and you have to pay really close attention. A lot of it builds on the CoM story, but at the same time the developers know that not everyone's played it so they try to fill in the important gaps in the story.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, I just read today that the US Final Mix (with Chain of Memories and stuff) is coming out ... this fall, I think it said.

Chain of Memories is all well and good, but not really important to play between KH1 and 2 is it? :anxious:
CoM is like a bridge between KH1 and 2...
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

So if I am too impatient to wait for Final Mix should I get the GBA one before I get KH2? Or just skip it!? :x
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:So if I am too impatient to wait for Final Mix should I get the GBA one before I get KH2? Or just skip it!? :x
No. Just no.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Top, I would say just wait. Whether or not Final Mix comes out, once you're done playing you'll just be waiting for KHIII to come out like the rest of us. And if it doesn't come out, the price may've probably dropped by then, or you may be able to find a used one somewhere. I don't see need for a hurry.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Elrohir wrote:Top, I would say just wait. Whether or not Final Mix comes out, once you're done playing you'll just be waiting for KHIII to come out like the rest of us. And if it doesn't come out, the price may've probably dropped by then, or you may be able to find a used one somewhere. I don't see need for a hurry.
No.

Just buy Kingdom Hearts II now.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah I want to get it done with before that marriage thing coming up... :anxious:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Awesome video preview! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itvyMRs9cM

According to gamefaqs, it's coming out in the US in the fall
xiao

Post by xiao »

Won't be worth it.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

xiao wrote:Won't be worth it.
ek = the extreme fanboy who will buy it anyway.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

xiao wrote:Won't be worth it.
Two games for the price of one. How will that not be worth it?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Probably because a lot of people already have the 2 games in question... though the 3D upgrade of the one is nice.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:Probably because a lot of people already have the 2 games in question... though the 3D upgrade of the one is nice.
yeah, I never played Chain of Memories so for me it's completely new. And the new areas in KHII alone are enough for me to buy it. That was the main thing that disappointed me in KHII: the fact that the levels were so small, and simple.