Windows Live+Xbox Live

...hmm

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Windows Live+Xbox Live

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

What do you think about this? For those of you that have not heard, windows vista has a service called windows live, exactly like microsofts xbox live, That will allow the two of them to be cross platform. Halo 2 will be an example of this, I dont exactly like the thought of a monthly subscription or yearly, but Cross platform multiplayer action just sounds awesome.

Ryan
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

No, you can't cross platform in any games and never will be able to for a few reasons, namely unfair controls, mods, hacking, headsets, equipment, customizable keyboards, lag, and gameplay modifications, no to mention patches.

As for the service itself, I don't mind it. I won't be spending money on it, though. I've got Xbox Live and it's good enough for me.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

xiao wrote:No, you can't cross platform in any games and never will be able to for a few reasons, namely unfair controls, mods, hacking, headsets, equipment, customizable keyboards, lag, and gameplay modifications, no to mention patches.

As for the service itself, I don't mind it. I won't be spending money on it, though. I've got Xbox Live and it's good enough for me.
lol xiao, have you not heard of Shadowrun? ;)

It's cross platform between xbox and pc :P
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

xiao wrote:No, you can't cross platform in any games and never will be able to for a few reasons, namely unfair controls, mods, hacking, headsets, equipment, customizable keyboards, lag, and gameplay modifications, no to mention patches.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/pres ... IVEPR.mspx

Ryan ;)
xiao

Post by xiao »

DarkHacker902 wrote:

Ryan ;)
Wow. Windows live and Xbox live are two different services. It mentions no cross platforming there.

There will never be cross platforming without gameplay changes.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

"REDMOND, Wash. — March 14, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the extension of the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to the Windows® platform, bringing together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. Debuting on May 8, 2007, with the launch of the Windows Vista™ version of the Xbox® blockbuster “Halo® 2,” Games for Windows — LIVE will connect Windows gamers to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then, launching in June, “Shadowrun™” will for the first time connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360™ players in cross-platform matches using a single service. “UNO®,” releasing later in 2007, will also support cross-platform play between Windows and Xbox 360."

Thats the first paragraph man. Read. i know its hard for people like you, but come on.

;)
Ryan

"ownd"
xiao

Post by xiao »

DarkHacker902 wrote:"REDMOND, Wash. — March 14, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the extension of the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to the Windows® platform, bringing together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. Debuting on May 8, 2007, with the launch of the Windows Vista™ version of the Xbox® blockbuster “Halo® 2,” Games for Windows — LIVE will connect Windows gamers to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then, launching in June, “Shadowrun™” will for the first time connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360™ players in cross-platform matches using a single service. “UNO®,” releasing later in 2007, will also support cross-platform play between Windows and Xbox 360."

Thats the first paragraph man. Read. i know its hard for people like you, but come on.

;)
Ryan

"ownd"
ORLY?
xiao wrote:
DarkHacker902 wrote:

Ryan ;)
Wow. Windows live and Xbox live are two different services. It mentions no cross platforming there.

Read. i know its hard for people like you, but come on.

"ownd"
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

xiao wrote:
DarkHacker902 wrote:"REDMOND, Wash. — March 14, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the extension of the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to the Windows® platform, bringing together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. Debuting on May 8, 2007, with the launch of the Windows Vista™ version of the Xbox® blockbuster “Halo® 2,” Games for Windows — LIVE will connect Windows gamers to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then, launching in June, “Shadowrun™” will for the first time connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360™ players in cross-platform matches using a single service. “UNO®,” releasing later in 2007, will also support cross-platform play between Windows and Xbox 360."

;)
Ryan

"ownd"
ORLY?
xiao wrote:
DarkHacker902 wrote:

Ryan ;)

Read. i know its hard for people like you, but come on.

"ownd"
Read. I know its hard for people like you, but come on. I was referring to THAT. not the other. Yeah it will be a little different, but it DOES mention cross platforming :p.

Ryan
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Darkhacker902 wrote:"REDMOND, Wash. — March 14, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the extension of the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to the Windows® platform, bringing together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. Debuting on May 8, 2007, with the launch of the Windows Vista™ version of the Xbox® blockbuster “Halo® 2,” Games for Windows — LIVE will connect Windows gamers to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then, launching in June, “Shadowrun™” will for the first time connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360™ players in cross-platform matches using a single service. “UNO®,” releasing later in 2007, will also support cross-platform play between Windows and Xbox 360."
*ahem* Ryan.
1.7 - Plagarism
As the Town of Odyssey system rewards users for posting longer messages, taking pre-existing text and claiming it as one's own is not allowed. This includes copying and pasting text from a website, another member, or rewriting the text on your own. If you have not written the text, please enclose the text in the BBcode quote box or link directly to its location.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Bradley Doyle wrote:
Darkhacker902 wrote:"REDMOND, Wash. — March 14, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the extension of the Xbox LIVE® games and entertainment network to the Windows® platform, bringing together the most popular online console game service with the most popular games platform in the world. Debuting on May 8, 2007, with the launch of the Windows Vista™ version of the Xbox® blockbuster “Halo® 2,” Games for Windows — LIVE will connect Windows gamers to over six million gamers already in the Xbox LIVE community. Then, launching in June, “Shadowrun™” will for the first time connect Windows gamers with Xbox 360™ players in cross-platform matches using a single service. “UNO®,” releasing later in 2007, will also support cross-platform play between Windows and Xbox 360."
*ahem* Ryan.
1.7 - Plagarism
As the Town of Odyssey system rewards users for posting longer messages, taking pre-existing text and claiming it as one's own is not allowed. This includes copying and pasting text from a website, another member, or rewriting the text on your own. If you have not written the text, please enclose the text in the BBcode quote box or link directly to its location.
lol pwn'd
**crez go to sonuna
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Bradley Doyle wrote:
*ahem* Ryan.
1.7 - Plagarism
*ahem* notice the quote marks that i put in the entire paragraph, just because it isnt in BBCode quote form, doesnt mean its not quoted, and does not mean it is plagiarized.

And I linked the document in my original post.

tyvm.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

But the rules do call for BB Code Quote Boxes.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Yeah, not using the quote boxes gives you too much money.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher

Its a paragraph. Im not going to be a billionaire off of that ;)

And its not absolutely necessary but recommended.

Now if i put out some long 15 paragraph news letter, then i would put it in the BBcode, but as i was typing that i didnt have time to pop in the quote marks, and the source, so oh well....looks like eternal damnation again :(
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I could really care less but I like confrontations like this in the gamers clan.

With cross platform stuff, lke Uno I can understand its like....Uno. But with FPS games its really unfair, you can probably look into their profile to see what they're playing on though and therefore exclude them from matches you play. Cross-platform is just a cheap way to get more gamers to buy the PC version.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

actually study has shown mouse ppl are good with long range and controllers ppl are good with shotgun booms (meaning close ranged) so it is fair in a sense
**crez go to sonuna
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

uz wrote:actually study has shown mouse ppl are good with long range and controllers ppl are good with shotgun booms (meaning close ranged) so it is fair in a sense
Everyone is good with close range...
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

the reaction rate >_>
**crez go to sonuna
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

And you get your "study" from where?
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

shadowrun dev journals
**crez go to sonuna