StarCraft... <_<

yay terran missions.

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

StarCraft... <_<

Post by Oba-rai »

So I've recently acquired Starcraft - the first. And the expansion pack, but I haven't gotten past Terran mission because I've not much time to game.

Any thoughts on the game? I like the way you can do what you want, while simultaneously catching inside jokes that I've heard of from various others who have played it. >_>
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

You've made a good choice. I would certainly consider this one of the games most worth your time. I recently started playing the expansion levels again, because I never bothered to finish them, and I am every bit as entertained as I was while playing the far more visually stunning Age of Empires 3. I think what makes this game for me is how drastically different, and yet perfectly balanced the 3 races are. Nearly every other RTS on the market today provides you with a selection of cloned races or nations to play as with only different skins and the occasional "special unit" to create diversity.
I think you'll find as you get into the game that the storyline is really rewarding as well. I haven't found a more enjoyable RTS. Yay-rah for Starcraft 2.

EDIT: Oh yes, and if you haven't already done so, you simply must click on every unit several times. The talk-back you get can be quite entertaining while you wait for your SCVs to mine more minerals.
Not dead yet.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

ive almost beaten brood war i think that ihave one mission left on brood war so far the story has been great oh yes the terran battle ships are awsome you have to have at lease 6 to be decent i tryed a cheat so that icould build my fleet i had 12 battle ships i destroyed 2 base before i loss one ship i destroyed 3 bases after that losing 4 ships than i sent them home for repairs oh if you dont know scvs can repaire any mechnical unit.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

At the risk of... something, /me resurrects this thread as it's still on the first page and a new thread on the same subject doesn't seem quite warranted.

It's a great game: the best RTS I've seen yet, despite the fact that it's nearly ten years old. Not many games survive that long.

I prefer the Protoss race, and I'm sure I'd play much better with them once I improve on the finer points of unit micromanagement. And as for the campaigns, I'm on the 4th mission on Brood War. ^_^

Hm. Who here plays on battle.net?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Mira Winter wrote:It's a great game: the best RTS I've seen yet, despite the fact that it's nearly ten years old. Not many games survive that long.
I must disagree, the best RTS I have ever seen is Age of Mythology.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Nevaaaah! The best is the Command & Conquer series!! \:D/

Starcraft is fun, though.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Mira Winter wrote:At the risk of... something, /me resurrects this thread as it's still on the first page and a new thread on the same subject doesn't seem quite warranted.

It's a great game: the best RTS I've seen yet, despite the fact that it's nearly ten years old. Not many games survive that long.

I prefer the Protoss race, and I'm sure I'd play much better with them once I improve on the finer points of unit micromanagement. And as for the campaigns, I'm on the 4th mission on Brood War. ^_^

Hm. Who here plays on battle.net?
Protossssss~.
(en taro adun, judicator.)
I've gotten to mission 7? on terran, and I'm also doing various protoss missions. And I lose against the computer every time I play solo against it, but once I won on battle.net with the help of the computer. ;)
we need to set up regular starcraft times for those who play on battle.net, but the number of those who do seems to dwindle. <_<.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!