C&C: Red Alert 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

C&C: Red Alert 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hey, how is it? I really don't think my computer could handle it, and I don't even have C&C 3 yet (I hate spending more than $20ish on a game)... but I haven't really heard anything one way or the other about RA3 and I've always loved that series of C&C games most of all...
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I got it, and I think it's the best CNC game to date. It's more than just a tank spam as CNC 3 was; everything is balanced very well.

And it has parachuting amoured Soviet bears fighting sonic-weapon-carrying dolphins. :o
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay! \:D/ Well, that's good to hear. Like I said I really don't think my computer could handle it so I'm not going to bother any time soon, but at least now I can be excited instead of dreadful! \:D/

Generals was the last one I played extensively... it was okay but I found it was easiest just to build up a good defense around your base then build a ton of super weapons, and never even send out an offensive force, just bombard them with super weapons! \:D/ I dunno it was fun but I wish they didn't make it so easy in that regard...
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I run it on ultra high graphics. \:D/

Anyway, it's pretty much like RA2 except polished up and better balancing and such. \:D/ If you liked RA2, it's a pretty sure thing you'll like RA3. ;)

And RA3 is definitely not as easy as Generals. For one thing only one superweapon is allowed (I always thought the build-a-billion-superweapons was lame too). The only real complaint is that the pathfinding and AI could be better. It's not something that's a huge issue, it's just annoying to see the occasional guy stuck on a wall or something.

But it's a blast. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.