What new console or handheld should I go for!?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Blarg!

DS!
20%
Wii!
40%
Xbox 360!
20%
Atari 2600!
20%

Total votes: 10

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

What new console or handheld should I go for!?

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm not rushing out to buy anything in the next hour, but eventually in the next few months I'd like to move into the modern era (I currently have all the past gen stuff... GC, PS2, Xbox). So... what is the opinion of this faction on what I should get!? :x

I really have no interested in the PS3 or PSP. I mean, they aren't horrible, they have some good stuff on them, to be sure... but they are cost effective, IMO, and I have a friend I can borrow a PSP from whenever I want anyway...

So basically, I am torn between a DS (or DSi, but those cost more ;)), Wii, or Xbox 360.

The DS is obviously the cheapest, and there are a lot of great games for it. But at the same time, I'm not like... really into randomly gaming in different locations. ;) So the fact that its a handheld doesn't really apeal to me, even though there are some games on it I'd really like to play.

The Wii was by far my top choice for actual new console for a while... I'd love to dig into SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy, as well as some other games on there... plus the Virtual Console is cool... although, apart from new stuff like Mega Man 9, I already have all the older games I'd want to play anyway. Plus, it seems after the first year or so, there hasn't been a ton of really awesome games coming out on the Wii. And... although it started as the cheapest... it's price remains firmly at $250 whereas...

The Xbox 360 is down to around $150! \:D/ And that is the nicer model with the hard drive and such. \:D/ Admittingly, that's Ebay price, not retail, so cost may vary, but still its going to cheaper than the Wii... and there are lots of neat online features that come with it, as well as cool games that the Wii doesn't have (I'm a huge Bionic Commando, so both the downloadable remake and the new game coming out sound lovely to me! :x).

So anyway... DECIDE FOR ME! :x

The DS is probably my #1 contender just for its price and large number of games... if the Wii and 360 were evenly priced they would probably be a tie, but the cheapness of the 360 beckons to me! \:D/
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Get Wii so you don't brain-out all day! \:D/ And then we'll get CA to make you buy Wii Fit, Outdoor Adventure, and DDR for Wii as soon as it comes out. \:D/

lol. I think Wii is quite full of awesomeness, even though there are very few games out there. But they'll come out. Don't you worry!

Isn't the Super Smash Brothers-wacko game thing with Wii, anyways? :noway:
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Wii-
Pros: Mario games, neat motion sensitivity.
Cons: Pretty bad graphics, not a large variety of (good) games, from what I've seen.

Xbox 360-
Pros: Good graphics, large assortment of games.
Cons: No Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :(

DS-
Pros: Handheld.
Cons: Small screen and not great graphics.

I'd probably go for the Xbox 360. The Wii sounds really cool, but in reality the only really good games I've seen for it are Super Mario World, Brawl, and maybe Wii Sports (unless you're the Barbie Horse Adventures type; I'm not really into that kind of complex gaming). I guess it depends; do you want casual gaming or not?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The 360 is probably your best bet, there's triple the amount of good games than the other systems.

(Also, Megaman 9 and ALOT of newer good 2D-ish retro style games are on the Xbox Live Arcade.)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Wii is great if you plan on playing with a bunch of friends... otherwise, I'd go for the 360.
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

I'd say Wii or DSi. DSi because of the large library of games, and Wii because of all the great Nintendo titles. Also be weary of buying a Xbox360 on ebay, unless they give you the extended warrenty with it don't buy it.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yay I got a 360 for $80. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yay I got a 360 for $80. \:D/
now get xbox live ftw.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

LOL yeah we just leech our neighbor's wireless connection so I guess I'll have to pay for internet to do that. :(
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

lol Top. Good choice on Xbox 360. It has the best games out of all of them. Wii, only plus is Smash Bros, PS3 has good games, but way to expensive. 360 is your best bet.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?