Left Behind Video Game

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Left Behind Video Game

Post by Shadowpaw »

I saw this on Gamespot today:

Left Behind Games today announced that it will be publishing a real-time strategy PC game based on the Left Behind novels. Left Behind: Eternal Forces is appropriately scheduled for release "between Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006." Left Behind Games was established in 2001, and it aims to bring morally just and family-friendly games to the masses.

The game is set after the Rapture has taken the faithful up to heaven. Satan's forces are slowly taking over the world, slowly bending countries to their will. As part of the rebel Tribulation Forces, gamers will fight in apocalyptic battles in New York City.

Eternal Forces crosses over from the series of novels written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The Christian books have sold more than 63 million copies across the world, and the first two novels were adapted into films starring Growing Pains actor Kirk Cameron.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Sounds interesting..
...I hate marquees.
toby_newsboys_pod2
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by toby_newsboys_pod2 »

cool cant wait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This could be very good...

...or very bad!

I'd assume bad, but maybe they can pull it off! :pray:

Now, a left behind game using the Grand Theft Auto engine... that could work! :-k
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Hmm, it will be interesting to see some screenshots. :-k
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Meh......these games are usually you know ummmm how should I put this......extremely corny.....they usually are comprised of a little polygonal dude walking around and starting "missions" that are usually "find this item before time runs out" or "rescue this person" or "complete this mini game" or something cheesy like that but I wont knock it till I try it
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I think this will be another one of those poorly adapted games, but I won't be too harsh on it until we actually start getting some info on it.

While we're on the topic of RTS's, check this one out. I have NEVER seen graphics like this in an RTS before. It's insane!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/com ... index.html
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Me wrote:I think this will be another one of those poorly adapted games, but I won't be too harsh on it until we actually start getting some info on it.

While we're on the topic of RTS's, check this one out. I have NEVER seen graphics like this in an RTS before. It's insane!

Wow looks like a FPS except without the FPS'ness
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
Me wrote:I think this will be another one of those poorly adapted games, but I won't be too harsh on it until we actually start getting some info on it.

Wow looks like a FPS except without the FPS'ness
I know. I totally flipped out when we saw it. I even tried to view one of the videos while running another download that was using all my bandwith.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:shock: My lands..
...I hate marquees.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Thats really interesting. Books...Movies...Computer Games! Now they only need Left Behind Stickers!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I wonder if it will run on a Mac.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Coolsomeness! :D
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Looks like it could be an hit or a major bust.
I like this snubs fellow.
General nuisance extraordinaire.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

It'd be great to have a "Resident Evil" style game that was Christian, maybe they'll model it like that.

*EDIT*

Found a Screen. Image

Here's a quote from IGN.
June 29, 2005 - Fans of the Left Behind Series books will soon be able to join the Tribulation Forces and participate actively in the battle of good versus evil with the launch of the real -time-strategy (RTS) title, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, the first PC game based on the blockbuster apocalyptic series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

Scheduled for release between Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006, Left Behind: Eternal Forces will put players in command of the apocalyptic battles raging in the streets of New York City between the angelic Tribulation Forces and the demonic Global Community Peacekeepers during the End of Days. Gamers will participate in events from the Left Behind book series in single player mode and battle to capture territory from other players in the multi-player online game mode.
The Left Behind game series will allow play in the same End of Days fictional world as the bestselling Left BehindR novels, which use the prophecies of the Book of Revelation as a framework. The first title, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, is set in the future when the faithful have been gathered up and ascended to

Heaven during the Rapture. In the chaos that follows, the Antichrist has taken the reigns of power at the United Nations and is gathering the countries of the world under his banner. But a small resistance, the Tribulation Forces, have formed to oppose Satan's legions.

The challenge of converting secular/neutral units to fight on the side of light or darkness is sure to present gamers with a deeper level of game play than in other real-time-strategy titles. The company says the scenery will also be the most realistic representation of New York City ever seen in a game. Left Behind Games photographed nearly 500 blocks of the city to create maps and 3D environments in the first title.
Could be good! :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The graphics look moderately good, although I would like to see some of the character models. The one thing that I really don't like right now is the interface. It looks pretty bad, both aesthetically, and functionally. This, however, can be forgiven, because the game is probably still pre-alpha.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

your kidding me right?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

About what?
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Too bad you have to play as one who missed the second coming...I know, I know, there wouldn't be much of a game otherwise...and they have seized their second chance.

Looks interesting, but I probably won't get involved.
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

the game sounds cool the story line dumb